• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias

I'll bet anyone right now, we will draw Barca and get humiliated.

Pfft. Barca are easy!

Not sure who I want, we always tend to give the English sides a good game so Man U might be good. Otherwise either Dortmund or Schalke just for the away trip.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Always knew Norwich would be fine, they held on to their top players, are strong at home and Houghton was a great choice to take over from Lambert, just didn't expect them to do this well which does worry me for our cup game against them mid-week.

Mixed feelings on Villa's drew today, expected it as they are normally tight games with Stoke and both team have improved at the back, but felt it was winnable, it does keep our unbeaten run going through.

Prodigy

Banned
Any games involving Stoke are usually boring, espescially if lower table opposition face them. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Andrew

Big props to Messi breaking an all-time record.

Watched the Manchester Derby last night and was very happy to see Van Persie score and deliver the win, rough and tight game and the City fans are absolute scum, that is all.

Ozymandias

I had a couple of quid on Rooney for first goal and also on Paddy Power you got your money back if RVP scored within the 90 minutes, so thanks to his goal at the end yesterday was quite a lucrative afternoon!

Troy

I watched that game last night and it was such a good game to watch for a neutral observer. Good quality high paced football with plenty of drama. Great ending with Van Persie scoring the winner with barely any time left. Pity that a few fans went too far but at least they were caught and dealt with.

Gimmick

Missed the game on Sunday but it sounded like a great game. Probably too early to say this but I see Man Utd going on to win the league this season. If they sort out their dreadful defensive issues and keep van Persie fit they should have a very good second half to the season.

What was Nasri thinking for that last goal though? I've never seen someone shy away from the ball that much. He was nearly behind Dzeko by the time van Persie took the free kick.

Dale

Super Moderator
I'd like to add that I saw the Villa / Stoke game on MOTD and good god I swear the majority of it was just fouls.

The Cork

Banned
Paul Lambert seems like a fucking blueberry.

Clearly theres something up when you are leaving a £24m England international on the bench for a guy whos scored once this calendar year, yet he gets all pissy panties when asked about it.

Not even a Villa fan but jesus, their team looks the dregs. Benteke does look dece tbf but guys like Baker, Westwood and Lichaj? GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.