Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You beat our reserves 8-2 last season and that matters how?

For such a poor season for your club, you sure do talk about it a lot.

A week on Saturday we find out who was talking shit anyway.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. He didn't hold us to ransom, it was common knowledge he wanted to leave a season before he did. It was obvious it was his dream to play for the club he admired, which had players in the past that he idolized. Dunno how that's holding United to ransom. And seriously, worse than Tevez and Ballotelli? Please tell me when Ronaldo fucked off to a rival club and disrespected the club he just left? Ronaldo always respects United, and you need to open your eyes and see this because the ransom bs is false. Then, find me a time when Ronaldo refused to come off the bench for any of his clubs, and then fucked off to play golf for 3 + months, leaving the club in unrest and causing them bad results. Please also tell me when Ronaldo set fireworks off in his house, refused to train, couldn't even put a fucking bib on. The Mario Balotelli XI just read those, and tell me Ronaldo is worse.

2. United have lost two, Arseshit have lost two. Arsenal often have a bad time against us, and United stepped it up against the majority of clubs people thought would beat us, see Newcastle. Cork is just an arragont fan with his head so far up his ass, he thinks that the team that lost the league with a week squad, just on goal difference, is no longer a threat. I'm realistic, and think Arsenal could beat us, but to say you will smash us is the most deluded piece of shit I have seen from a fan in a while, and just makes me feel that Arsenal fans have to trash talk because they're nervous, and haven't won fuck all for 7 years. Yes, 7 years, my club didn't win a trophy for 1 year, and you think you will 'smash' us. Well, no wonder why you're slowly becoming the laughing stock of the big teams, even Liverpool have more recent trophies than you, and don't say it's only the milk cup they won, because they won the CL in 05 too and FA Cup in 06. Whatever I don't even know why I respond to your Football comments cork, all you do is make comments about recent results, and claim that you will smash us because you have a better squad, yet our squad is 2nd in the League table and has five more points than you. I respect Arsenal, I respect Arsene Wenger, I respect the majority of Arsenal fans, like Gimmick and Aniking, but I don't respect disrespectful deluded idiots like @TheCork

3. No, City will not win the league. They have far from the best squad. Last year they pumped so much cash in, and just scraped the title on Goal Difference. Chelsea are also unbeaten, people forget that. Mata is on immense form, and the combination of Mata, Hazard and Oscar really scares me for when they face us this weekend.

tl;dr ?

Ronaldo is not as bad as Tevez or Ballo. The Cork is a deluded fan. City won't win the league.

1. The point I was making was that when Tevez plays he works very hard for the team, he tracks back and is a team player, not to mention his talent. Off the pitch is different but the thing with Ronaldo is that he has amazing natural talent, but he expects things to just fall into place and when they don't he goes missing, like he did for Protugal last week. Sure Ballotelli has an attitude but like someone else said he is more entertaining with it, still seems a decent bloke. As far as ego goes Ronaldo's is far
bigger than the two combined. Thing is he was childish when he moved from Utd, he was 23 at the time and had plenty of time to get his dream move to RM, but just decided to go for the money and a new challenge rather than stay loyal to a club who helped make him. Now there are rumours that he might be unhappy in Spain, so much for his 'dream move'.

2. There have been pros and cons for Arsenal and Utd so far this season. Clearly Utd are ahead in the league because of the extra wins compared with Arsenal, but then Arsenal have looked stronger in defence and are still playing some very good football, Utd are more of a goal threat. Point is Arsenal are still rebuilding, if they finish third and win a cup that is a good season for them, whereas Utd expect to win the title and at the moment still look like they will fall short to me. I agree with you on Cork, but you two really have to stop this now lol.

3. City have at least three maybe four good players for every position and are just going to get better because of the experience of last season. As for them buying the title, first of all you still need to spend it on the right players and have a good manager, look at what is happening at QPR. Also so what the likes of Utd and Chelsea have bought sucess for years, it just so happens than City have even more money to do.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I still think Chelsea have the best squad this year. Maybe he was a little childish, but he never held te club at ransom. I think it's stupid to think he's not a decent bloke because I bet he is very nice in person away from the whole Football think. I don't think we will win the title this year, but we rebuild quick. Arsenal have been rebuilding for 7 years.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
You beat our reserves 8-2 last season and that matters how?

For such a poor season for your club, you sure do talk about it a lot.

A week on Saturday we find out who was talking shit anyway.

One last point, I never said we were going to win, I think you could win, but smashing us? LOL. Also a team like Arsenal shouldn't lose 8-2 with their reserves as you call them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Better chance, but not a forgone conclusion. I never denied it will happen again, but those who think it's going to be a regular occurance, need to look back over history books. Remember when Chelsea broke through after Abromovich takeover? Yeah, I do to. Remember the team that ended their run of successive titles? Oh, yeah Manchester United. People will always write us off, it pisses me off, because the ones who write us of (you haven't btw Dale) are usually the ones who are bitter and support clubs that haven't come close to challenging for a trophy in years, or have won trophies, but then been put in their place by United. People seem to forget that we're the best club at rebuilding. City have the money now, but just like Chelsea, the egos in the squad will cause unrest and bad results in the long run.

tl;dr? Manchester United always will challenge. City might finish above United/win titles for a few years, but they won't constantly dominate.
But there's two massive differences between Chelsea and Man City and that is the owners. Look at how quick Abramovich has been to hire and fire his managers, I mean jesus christ Avram Grant took them to the CL Final and 2nd in the league and the poor bastard still got the chop. Granted it all turned out for the best by sacking him, but look at the absolute fortune he spent on AVB and he was gone at the first sign of trouble. You look at Man City board so far and they don't seem to have panicked thus yet and actually seem like they understand the sport and are prepared to build to success unlike Roman who seemed to want things immediately.

Also, one thing that I think will be a massive difference is the way the squads have and will be assembled. You look at Chelsea and it's was widely regarded that they weren't really buying players for the future who will take over from the likes of Lampard, Drogba etc. The guys just kept getting older and nobody wanted to take them off their hands really. Aside from Mata last year, this is probably one of their better transfer windows because they've signed genuine quality players like Hazard and Oscar and potentials like Lukaku and Moses who could still be at the club in 10 years time providing they don't want a move away. You look at Mancini this transfer window and he further strengthened a title winning squad bringing in young guys like Rodwell and Sinclair and experience like Maicon.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Rodwell and Sinclair ISN'T squad strengthening...

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
Utd need to sort their defence out and get the right balance in midfeld if they are to win the league this season.

Agreed about the defence, other than the Three Wise Men and Buttner, it is APP(SM)ALLING!

Midfield is better, though. Shinji brought a lot to that sector and Giggsy and Scholes are Giggsy and Scholes.

Re: Chelsea. The thing is, ever since Mourinho left, they've been looking for the next Mourinho. Whenever a coach proves to not be the next Mourinho, he gets the chop, regardless of performance.

Re: Ronaldo-Tevez-Ballo. I never said Ronaldo had a bigger ego. All three of them have equally gigantic egos, and I dislike all of them.

Also, if someone other than United has to win the League, please let it NOT be Chelsea. I'd rather City won tbh.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno, both Chelsea and City piss me off, but I don't see anyone stopping them this year.

Lewb

Reaction score
Since this 25 man squad rule came in... The "reserves" excuse is deemed null and void surely? Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal is the important part.... Oh, and the fact when Arsenal were playing well.... they still lost to utd 2-1. Hmmmmmm.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Rodwell and Sinclair ISN'T squad strengthening...
Well it is, they're bright young players who can do a job for the team. Hell, it wasn't so long ago Rodwell was being touted to Man United for a Rooneyesque fee.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Since this 25 man squad rule came in... The "reserves" excuse is deemed null and void surely? Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal is the important part.... Oh, and the fact when Arsenal were playing well.... they still lost to utd 2-1. Hmmmmmm.

Erm......ok.

De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra; Nani, Cleverley, Anderson, Young; Rooney; Welbeck.
Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Fabio, Giggs, Park, Hernandez, Berbatov.

Szczesny; Jenkinson, Djourou, Koscielny, Traore; Ramsey, Coquelin, Rosicky; Walcott, van Persie, Arshavin.
Subs: Fabianski, Miquel, Sunu, Ozyakup, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Lansbury.

I'll add that it was Jenkinson's debut after signing from Charlton (plus he got sent off), and even then van Persie missed a penalty that would of levelled the game.

I would of expected a drubbing fielding that team.

Lewb

Reaction score
It's all excuses though isn't it? 2 wins in four seasons in the league against united, they can't all be down to squad depletion. I do look forward to their match up this time round however, coz Uniteds back four will be tested.

Lewb

Reaction score
Well it is, they're bright young players who can do a job for the team. Hell, it wasn't so long ago Rodwell was being touted to Man United for a Rooneyesque fee.

But Sinclair is not and never will be man city quality. He's there as an excuse not to use first team players in FA Cup/Capital One Cup games. And he knows it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Maybe not, but he still has some genuine quality and he's only 23 plus training with the calibre of players City have, he's only going to improve more.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Erm......ok.

De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra; Nani, Cleverley, Anderson, Young; Rooney; Welbeck.
Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Fabio, Giggs, Park, Hernandez, Berbatov.

Szczesny; Jenkinson, Djourou, Koscielny, Traore; Ramsey, Coquelin, Rosicky; Walcott, van Persie, Arshavin.
Subs: Fabianski, Miquel, Sunu, Ozyakup, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Lansbury.

I'll add that it was Jenkinson's debut after signing from Charlton (plus he got sent off), and even then van Persie missed a penalty that would of levelled the game.

I would of expected a drubbing fielding that team.

Not exactly our best 11 either was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.