Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I happened to catch the last 5 or so mins of the Sevilla/Barca game. I couldn't believe Sevilla were 2-1 up, and was hoping they could hold onto that lead in the closing minutes, so they could also claim a victory over Barca as well as Real. But that obviously didn't end up happening. As Fabregas got the equalizer and then Villa scored in injury time.

Medo

Reaction score
Fabregas is a true cunt, that's for sure.

Medo

Reaction score
Great victory for Madrid last night, the three points won't matter anyway since the liga is mostly over with the Ueaflona.

Next weedk is the classico :mark:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Forgot to check the Real result earlier. Glad to see we beat Deportivo.

We need to win El Classico next week to obviously close the gap that Barcelona have on us at the moment. If we lose, then it's going to be even harder than it currently is to catch Barcelona even though 6 games have been played in La Liga.

PSG won too and Marseille got thrashed at Valenciennes yesterday, so PSG are only 3 points behind Marseille and still unbeaten :y:

Pete

Reaction score
I don't know why people can't just admit Barcelona are the best team in the world. They always have to find excuses to justify Barca winning, for some reason.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
No one is denying it, but Barcelona dick riders need to accept that the team is not perfect. I'm sick of seeing Real Madrid made out to be the cheaters and divers, when Barcelona do it themselves, just look at busquets ffs.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
All I am saying is, Youtube Martin Jiranek and Fabricio Miccoli's goals from the weekend.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Cant believe Celtic beat Spartak in Moscow. I'm extremely happy.

So lets talk about that as I really don't give a shit about Spanish football, that Celtic result is the sort of drama which football is all about.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
So lets talk about that as I really don't give a shit about Spanish football, that Celtic result is the sort of drama which football is all about.

Happy to! I was hoping we could sneak a draw, but my head said we'd lose by a couple of goals. They surprised me. We have a really young team (the average age is around 23/24 I think), who have little or no Champions League experience (only 2 of the starting 11 had played in the group stages before), yet they went to Moscow, played on a plastic pitch, came back from 2-1 down, and got the win. I'm really, really proud of them.

And on top of all that it was a great game to watch! 5 goals, a sending off, a bit of a crazy ref and plenty of chances. Not good for my heart!

Pete

Reaction score
No one is denying it, but Barcelona dick riders need to accept that the team is not perfect. I'm sick of seeing Real Madrid made out to be the cheaters and divers, when Barcelona do it themselves, just look at busquets ffs.

Real Madrid are like Chelsea, you can't touch them without them running to Mummy referee tattling on you.

Aniking

Reaction score
I find it pathetic that anybody blames the referee. If your team loses, it's not the referee's fault as they're not defending or attacking the goals.

It's a poor excuse that too many people use. Yeah, sometimes referees can have dodgy games, but they are NEVER the reason for a team losing.

Pete

Reaction score
I've seen referees disallow goals where the ball is clearly over the line and vice versa.

I've seen referees allow offside goals and vice-versa.

I've seen referees judge two similar fouls, one with an admonishing and the other with a direct red card.

Bottom line: you're wrong.

In the case of Chelsea/Madrid and the like, the slightest touch has them diving and the player who fouled seeing a yellow/red card.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I find it pathetic that anybody blames the referee. If your team loses, it's not the referee's fault as they're not defending or attacking the goals.

It's a poor excuse that too many people use. Yeah, sometimes referees can have dodgy games, but they are NEVER the reason for a team losing.
But don't you think that is a bit of random thought, because they are clearly times when a poor ref descission does cost a team a match, but then there are games which a team should have won even with the bad call, you have to take it game by game, don't think there is a set thing.

I actually think the standard of refreeing is very good in england and gets a bad rap, it is better than in many other conutries I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.