Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nah Arsenal lost their title contention status when RVP left. Honestly think if they are ever gonna be title contenders again serious money would need to be spent followed by a few years of gelling. Teams like United, City & Chelsea just have way to much going for them for Arsenal to be up there with them anytime soon.

Honestly I think you guys are underestimating Spurs. With the right man moving them forward (dunno if AVB is THAT guy, need another year to really judge) they can overtake Arsenal. it's not like they got just had a great year last year, they have been hitting around that top 4 area for a good 3/4 years now and their squad is only getting stronger.

lol people have been saying that for a decade.

Spurs have been in the Champions League ONCE, so why are you hyping them like a big club? They are on par with Blackburn ffs.

The two Manchester clubs will always be up there, not sure about Chelsea, they are old and pretty awful. We will at least finish 4th, if not 3rd.

CGS

Reaction score
On par with Blackburn :lmao

I'm not even trying to hype them as a big club. Seems like your just one of those fans who loves to see things through their red tinted glasses. If you honestly think both clubs are in the same position they were even 5/6 years back then more fool you.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Spurs' biggest chance to overtake Arsenal was over the past couple of years when they were going through a transitional period, and they couldn't do it.

No doubt they're a strong side these days, but with Arsenal just after paying off most of the debt from the Emirates Stadium, and starting to receive very big sponsorship deals I think the gap will start to get bigger once again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Spurs' biggest chance to overtake Arsenal was over the past couple of years when they were going through a transitional period, and they couldn't do it.

No doubt they're a strong side these days, but with Arsenal just after paying off most of the debt from the Emirates Stadium, and starting to receive very big sponsorship deals I think the gap will start to get bigger once again.

This is what I think, but Cork is just being Cork with the Spurs remarks. They are a big club with a very good team but I still don't see them over taking Arsenal.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I think both Spurs and Arsenal will be right up there this year and it will be very close.

Spurs' problem last year was when Defoe stopped firing half way through the season, all they had was Bale. Paulinho is a cracking signing, and if they can get a striker, I think they will push Arsenal close.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Defoe has become a little too injury prone also, good player when he is fit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have to say it was a joy to watch France in the Women's Euros tonight they are the complete package and my pick for the tournament now.

England are a shambles and should have finished have been able to finish second in the group.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Arsenal pissing me off, can see Wenger waiting till deadline day to sign some 15 year old African dude who will be loaned out for 10 years.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Yeah, it has been a bit annoying that we haven't forgotten anyone yet, but no one has really gotten anyone this Summer, especially in England. The transfer window has been completely crazy. It feels like a game of Fifa with the way clubs are just picking a number and making bids for players.

I'm still confident that Wenger will make at least one big signing though. He's a fairly shrewd businessman, I wouldn't be surprised if he waits until August to make a bid for someone, in the hope that their value goes down by then. I don't know though, it's really hard to say with him. Either he's biding his time and playing it smart, or he doesn't have a clue what to do. I'm just hoping it's the former.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Did Chelsea seriously offer just £10 million for Wayne Rooney the other day? Tough to figure out what the actual bids are since they haven't been released but surely they can't have gone that low. They spent £50 million on Torres so surely Rooney would be worth even more than that, not that anyone would pay that much. United keep saying that he isn't but do people think that he will be moved on if the price is right?

Looking forward to watching Man United vs. A-League All Stars tomorrow night.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Did Chelsea seriously offer just £10 million for Wayne Rooney the other day? Tough to figure out what the actual bids are since they haven't been released but surely they can't have gone that low. They spent £50 million on Torres so surely Rooney would be worth even more than that, not that anyone would pay that much. United keep saying that he isn't but do people think that he will be moved on if the price is right?

Looking forward to watching Man United vs. A-League All Stars tomorrow night.

10 Million plus Juan Mata or David Luiz. If I were Man Utd, I'd snap their hand off and take Mata, the guy is a genius, most assists out of anyone last season.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
10 Million plus Juan Mata or David Luiz. If I were Man Utd, I'd snap their hand off and take Mata, the guy is a genius, most assists out of anyone last season.

I agree. Rooney is still a good player but is past his best and Utd need to cash in on him sooner rather than later. Would rather have Mata all things considered, but I doubt Chelsea were really offering him. At this stage I see him staying one more season, before moving abroad next summer.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

I read conflicting reports about that. Some said that a player was offered and some mentioned just money. Do you think that Rooney will be at United next season?

CGS

Reaction score
Apparently the bid plus money was actually fake. I don't understand why Chelsea would have given them Mata anyway.

As for Rooney I don't see him being at United but then I can't see him staying in England either. PSG would have been my guess but since they just went crazy on Cavani so can't see them doing the same for Wayne. Hard one really.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its dragging on to the point where I think he might stay for another season, with Utd not really making much progress in signing players they could probably do with him sticking around for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.