Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGS

Reaction score
No.....Your not. Arsenal are slowly going from tittle contenders to simply top 4 battlers. Frankly Wegner is basically the only thing stopping you guys from turning into us.

Wern't not champo league quality right now though and won't be for a few years but Spurs can take you guys over if you ain't careful.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
You support Everton right? Was impressed with Kone last season, but this would be a step up for him, think your manager needs to relay on more than just ex-Wigan players, keeping Baines would help too.

Bentake may well leave, its 50/50, it would be a blow, but I still think we are in a good position to improve on last season.

Yeah, massive Everton fan, Kone was good, 11 goals in a relegated side so with players like Baines, Coleman, Mirallas, Pienaar around him he should get more than that for us. Keeping Baines is crucial, without him I think we would drop quite a few places. Losing Benteke would be a major blow for you, quality player.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No.....Your not. Arsenal are slowly going from tittle contenders to simply top 4 battlers. Frankly Wegner is basically the only thing stopping you guys from turning into us.

Wern't not champo league quality right now though and won't be for a few years but Spurs can take you guys over if you ain't careful.

Spurs couldn't finish above us with a 10 point lead, abd couldn't finish above us last game of the season against a team with nothing to play for so blamed it on dodgy lasagne.

Spurs will always be in the shadow of bigger clubs like us. Liverpool need to concentrate on not spending millions on shit signings like Andy Carroll and Downing.

CGS

Reaction score
When the dodgy lasange crap happened though Arsenal were still pretty much the overall better team by a distance. That really shouldn't have gone down to the final day to begin with. The 10 point gap was just pure bottling I'd give you that much.

Thing is though whether you wanna admit it or not Spurs are seemingly getting more and more consistent in finishing around the Champo league places while Arsenal are getting pretty much taking steps backwards as the years go on. The gap between both clubs is becoming less and less big and Spurs are just signing more and more quality players. Frankly Wenger and his experience is pretty much THE thing keeping you guys in the champions league. With him I give you a chance. But if he was to walk tomorrow I'd be very worried for Arsenal.

Also I don't get all the cheap shots at Liverpool. :lol:

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
So we follow Kone up with the signings of Joel Robles and Antolin Alcaraz. We should be looking for better players not relegated ones

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Got to side with Cork on this Spurs/Arsenal debate. Spurs are a good team and did better than expected last season, but Arsenal are just going to get better. If they sign a few top players and tighter up at the back (which there was signs of last season) then I don't think they will be far off title contenders. Things may start to open up now with the changes at the top.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So Mark Schwarzer just signed a one year deal with Chelsea. I knew that he wanted to stay in the Premier League but when he left Fulham he stated that he wanted to go somewhere that he will get regular game time. I fail to see how he is going to get that behind Petr Cech. He is Australia's number one keeper and we want him getting game time before the 2014 World Cup but I can't see it happening.

Is Schwarzer actually going to get game time next season or will he just be warming the bench?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
100% bench warmer but will play in the cups. As good a 2nd string keeper as you could ask for really.

Reactions: 1 person

CGS

Reaction score
Got to side with Cork on this Spurs/Arsenal debate. Spurs are a good team and did better than expected last season, but Arsenal are just going to get better. If they sign a few top players and tighter up at the back (which there was signs of last season) then I don't think they will be far off title contenders. Things may start to open up now with the changes at the top.

Nah Arsenal lost their title contention status when RVP left. Honestly think if they are ever gonna be title contenders again serious money would need to be spent followed by a few years of gelling. Teams like United, City & Chelsea just have way to much going for them for Arsenal to be up there with them anytime soon.

Honestly I think you guys are underestimating Spurs. With the right man moving them forward (dunno if AVB is THAT guy, need another year to really judge) they can overtake Arsenal. it's not like they got just had a great year last year, they have been hitting around that top 4 area for a good 3/4 years now and their squad is only getting stronger.

As for Schwarzer yeah he is just gonna be a benchwarmer behind Cech unles Courtios is actually sticking around London this year. Decent move for him and Chelsea really.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
100% bench warmer but will play in the cups. As good a 2nd string keeper as you could ask for really.

So he will at least still be getting some game time in the cups. That is good then, he is Australia's clear number one keeper but he needs game time before the World Cup.

As for Schwarzer yeah he is just gonna be a benchwarmer behind Cech unles Courtios is actually sticking around London this year. Decent move for him and Chelsea really.

It is a decent way to end his career at a big English club, my concern is purely how it impacts Australia's World Cup campaign.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nah Arsenal lost their title contention status when RVP left. Honestly think if they are ever gonna be title contenders again serious money would need to be spent followed by a few years of gelling. Teams like United, City & Chelsea just have way to much going for them for Arsenal to be up there with them anytime soon.

Honestly I think you guys are underestimating Spurs. With the right man moving them forward (dunno if AVB is THAT guy, need another year to really judge) they can overtake Arsenal. it's not like they got just had a great year last year, they have been hitting around that top 4 area for a good 3/4 years now and their squad is only getting stronger.

If you think about it though Arsenal have a good young team who are only going to get better, they don't really have any more star players who are to leave and if they add two or three really class names I can't see them being far off. People have been saying they will drop out of the top four for years and it has never happened, they will be stronger next season so again I see at least a fourth place finish.

Schwarzer is an odd one, I like him as a keeper but would have thought Chelsea would have gone for someone younger who could be a long term replacement for Cech.

CGS

Reaction score
If you think about it though Arsenal have a good young team who are only going to get better, they don't really have any more star players who are to leave and if they add two or three really class names I can't see them being far off. People have been saying they will drop out of the top four for years and it has never happened, they will be stronger next season so again I see at least a fourth place finish.

Meh. I don't buy this good young team stuff anymore. Arsenal have had a good young team for about 6 years now. Hell half of their good young team isn't even that anymore. Most of the young guys play not only cup and league football but champions league and even international football at a senior level. The only "kid" I would say in the Arsenal squad is AOC.

Like I said before, I believe Wegner is the key, Not the squad. Take him away and frankly with the current squad I don't see Arsenal being as competetive. Definitely not title contenders.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Walcott is still only what 25? And he just had the best season of his career. Also you must think that Utd might take a bit of adjusting under Moyles, and City have taken a big risk with their change so I do see things opening up a bit more in the coming seasons. I agree that Wenger has is the key more than the squad.

CGS

Reaction score
Yeah he's 25 but again he's had worldwide experience and is reaching the best years of his careers (25-28). Can't see him improving that much more. Same goes for most of the Arsenal squad bar AOC and possibly Wilshere.

Also do think United will take a bit of adjusting. Something tells me that City will be ok though. Call it a hunch. Same goes with Chelsea. Just can't see Arsenal being up there as title contenders right now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I do think its a bit too soon for them this season. At the moment think the title is between Utd and Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.