Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Newcastle suprise packenge of the season so far, and I think they will be happy with their point against Spurs also, not least with them being behind with four minutes left. Andrew is a very good manager, he did a good job at West Ham, and also Chalton, was not given the backing at Southempton, but now is proving himself once again in the top flight. Not to get too carried away because they might go and blow it again on recent form, but after Arsenal's win yesterday they are only five points off the top four, now does that sound like a crisis to you?

Chelsea are starting to look very strong, think it will be a good three way race for the title this year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Newcastle have been fantastic so far this season. Their defence has been the key to ensure that they are one of only three teams to have not lost a game so far this season. Chelsea are starting to find their feet and it looks like it will be a close battle at the top this season. Fourth spot seems pretty open at the moment as well and I am sure quite a few teams will be confident that they can get to fourth. Arsenal have overcome that early season slump and are comfortably working their way up the table, it reminds me of Liverpool last year. Shocking run where they were down the bottom but by the end of the season they were near the top like normal.

Aniking

Reaction score
I'm still a little worried with Arsenal as we're still shaky. The goal scored against us by Sunderland wasn't even our fault whatsoever, it was a free kick caused by a handball which Seb Larsson put into the top corner. Before that goal we were dominant, then after the goal for the rest of the 1st half we were incredibly shaky. We still lack confidence when we lose a lead or even just get scored against.

Both Man Utd and Tottenham didn't deserve to draw their games imo. Liverpool were way better than Utd, other than the last 15 mins when Nani, Rooney and Hernandez's freshness was the reason why Man Utd outplayed them. As for Tottenham, Newcastle were definitely the better team, and the only reason it ended 2-2 is because Tottenham's forwards are of a higher quality than Newcastle's. If they were equal quality, Newcastle definitely would've won.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still think that no matter what Arsenal have enough talent that they won't end up in the bottom half of the table. They will probably be challenging for fifth or sixth by seasons end.

Liverpool were definitely the better team for that game. Not sure what tactics Ferguson was using by starting so many top names on the bench surely you start as much quality on the pitch as possible so that you can get the upper hand to begin with.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I think it is a little early to say Arsenal are back on track, they need to string more results together back to back, but I think they will grow in confidence, and I do think once they settle in the signings he made will prove to be good ones, I just thought people went way over the top, by ruleing them out of finishing in the top four so soon. IMO it will be between Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs for fourth.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Well fuck, MU got murdered.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Well done City :) League is officialy theirs.

TheZig

Reaction score
Shocking play from United today, It makes it worse because of the opposition. Well im sure we have the character to bounce back but this could be crucial in the title race.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
QPR beat Chelsea!!!! 1-0 win thanks to a penalty and thanks to the fact that two Chelsea players were redcarded but still a win is a win.

Shocked at the scoreline in the Manchester derby. 6-1 is a crazy scoreline and I am sure that the Man United players are going to get slaughtered by Ferguson during the week. Looks like it is City's title to lose now.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
WHAT UTTER BULLSHIT! Typical fan of another team predicting shit in October, there's just under 7th months left....

And Man City just destroyed their biggest contenders 6-1. They look unstoppable.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
That may be correct but to say they've won the title already is incredibly Blue.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
When is the last time none of the "Big Four" (in Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea) didn't win the title?

Aniking

Reaction score
When is the last time none of the "Big Four" (in Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea) didn't win the title?

Since the Premier League was established in 1992/1993, its only been Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal... and Blackburn who have won the title. Man Utd have won 12, Arsenal & Chelsea have won 3, and Blackburn won 1 in 1994/1995. An Aussie in Robbie Slater played in that team, which is cool :)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wow I didn't realise that Liverpool have never won the modern version of the league. I knew about Blackburn winning it, they always mention it when Robbie Slater is doing commentary on Fox Sports :p but I hadn't realised that there was no other team. So IF, there is still a long long way to go so it is a big if, Man City win it it would be a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.