Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very busy final day.

Happy with the moves that QPR made going after more quality players now that they have a rich owner. I think that Wright-Phillips will be a very good signing.

I think that one of the best moves was Crouch to Stoke. Hasn't really been amongst the goals at Tottenham and I think a change of scenery is the best option for him. I really think that he can up his form at Stoke and become a goal scoring machine again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well that is good point Troy, and I am suprised that Spurs let Crouch go, I think they might be the big losers of this window, Parker is a good buy, not least because he only cost them £5m, but still they now seem very short to me.

Time for Arsenal fans to get off Wenger's back now, he has bought in four very good players there, and like someone said they are mostly experienced ones too. I think the pairing of TV and Mertesacker sounds a steady one to me, and I see Artenta playing a key part in creating goals and also scoreing a few himself, also while Benayoun is not world class, he is still proven at this level, and likely to improve the goals riato from the middle which might still be important. The question is weather your new striker can adapt to the premier league and be as good, but as long as he can score around ten on avenge a season and Van Pensie stays fits then you should be alright in that department. You are still only three matches into the season, so no matter how bad the start the start has been you still have time to make it up. As long as you stay in the top four and look like you are improving this season then that should be enough for now, and I think after these buys you've have every chance of doing that.

Some good buys for QPR, it is key that players like Luke Young and SWP are expericed and are good pros who will add to team spirit and will get down and do a professionally job for the team. Their chances of staying have certainly improved, but if there is quite enough there still I don't know.

I am fairly happy with Villa's last minute signings. Hutton was a must because of Young leaving, and he is a good defender who should still have the best years of his career in front of him. I have always liked Jenus, but he does tend to have issues with fitness and sometimes his head doesn't seem quite right. He should be a good player for us because as a fresh challenge having been out in cold at Spurs I expect him to play for his place, also we are lacking in midfeld I think he can add a bit of flair and goals which will take some of the pressure of Bent, although I would have liked one or two more to have come in, we are still short squad wise, and maybe have failed to make the signings that will make that much difference to what we have right now. Still I knew we would not be spending much, and it is a case of if the new players can hit the ground running, and if the old ones can play their part, and if the manager can work a little bit of wonders in getting the best out of them.

TheZig

Reaction score
Theres no Premier league football today :/, As far as i know. Good result for England thought albeit against a easy opponent.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
England won 3-0 with Rooney 2 goals

Netherland 11-0 over San Marino with Van Persie scoring 4.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was wondering why there was no Premier League action this weekend but then I found out about the qualifiers. Some easy, and expected, wins from the big countries.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Everything is back to normal this weekend and here is a list of tomorrows matches;

Arsenal vs. Swansea
Everton vs. Aston Villa
Man City vs. Wigan
Stoke vs. Liverpool
Sunderland vs. Chelsea
Wolves vs. Tottenham
Bolton vs. Man United

Who do you think will win tomorrow?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I see a lot of home wins this weekend.

I won't give excate scores as I will be entering them in the prediction league later, but Aresenal should be Swansea, I have a feeling Everton might beat my team at Goodison, Man City should be comtreable winners against Wigan, Stoke/Liverpool I will go for a draw and the same for Sunderland/Chelsea, Wolves and Spurs normally have high scoreing and competive games, and with Spurs needing a win and having the pressure off them playing away I think they might just edge that one, and although Man Utd will be favourites against Bolton, I think the home team might get something there.

Stoke VS. Liverpool intrigues me as it is that sort of fixture which Liverpool might have to grind a result out off if they are going to be contenders this season.
Wolves VS. Spurs is my game of the weekend.
It should be a great weekend looking at those fixtures.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Oh and you missed out Norwich VS. West Brom, QPR VS. Newcastle and Fulham VS. Blackburn Troy.
Draw, Draw and Home win for me there.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'll put winning sides in bold, if I leave both teams un bolded it means i think it's gonna be a draw!

Arsenal vs. Swansea
Everton vs. Aston Villa
Man City vs. Wigan
Stoke vs. Liverpool
Sunderland vs. Chelsea
Wolves vs. Tottenham
Bolton vs. Man United

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I only posted tomorrows matches rather than the entire weekends so that is why I missed the three games for Sunday.

Of tomorrows games I am looking forward to seeing how both Manchester teams go. They had fantastic wins last round and I want to see if they can continue that brilliant form. I am also looking forward to seeing how the other big teams go to see if some of them can snap out of their bad early season form.

Arsenal vs. Swansea
Everton vs. Aston Villa
Man City vs. Wigan
Stoke vs. Liverpool
Sunderland vs. Chelsea
Wolves vs. Tottenham
Bolton vs. Man United

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Arsenal vs. Swansea
Everton vs. Aston Villa
Man City vs. Wigan
Stoke vs. Liverpool
Sunderland vs. Chelsea
Wolves vs. Tottenham
Bolton vs. Man United

My Picks.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'll put winning sides in bold, if I leave both teams un bolded it means i think it's gonna be a draw!

Arsenal vs. SwanseaEverton vs. Aston Villa
Man City vs. Wigan
Stoke vs. Liverpool
Sunderland vs. Chelsea
Wolves vs. Tottenham
Bolton vs. Man United
Prodigy if Swansea win at Asrenal, I will give you my house!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I only posted tomorrows matches rather than the entire weekends so that is why I missed the three games for Sunday.

Of tomorrows games I am looking forward to seeing how both Manchester teams go. They had fantastic wins last round and I want to see if they can continue that brilliant form. I am also looking forward to seeing how the other big teams go to see if some of them can snap out of their bad early season form.

Arsenal vs. Swansea
Everton vs. Aston Villa
Man City vs. Wigan
Stoke vs. Liverpool
Sunderland vs. Chelsea
Wolves vs. Tottenham
Bolton vs. Man United

My only mistake was picking a draw for Stoke vs. Liverpool so I am happy with that.

Rooney scored another hat trick as Man United won 5-0. Man City weren't far behind with a 3-0 win and a hat trick to Aguero.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
My only mistake was picking a draw for Stoke vs. Liverpool so I am happy with that.

Rooney scored another hat trick as Man United won 5-0. Man City weren't far behind with a 3-0 win and a hat trick to Aguero.

Anything you can do we can do better!

Status
Not open for further replies.