**Official Euro 2012 Discussion Thread**

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Goddamnit, I'm a dumbass. Almeida isn't even starting, Postiga is. : /

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/6/9/3075055/germany-vs-portugal-euro-2012-live-updates-lineups
The Group of Death is obviously difficult, but it is about to extra death-y. It's Germany vs. Portugal, Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Mesut Ozil, and let's leave it at that because the rest of the match-ups tilt heavily to the Germans.

The biggest surprise in the two teams' lineups is the absence of Bastian Schweinsteiger, who has been fighting to get fit for a few months now. He just hasn't been able to get right and will not start for Germany, which means Toni Kroos starts in the double pivot. That could mean trouble for Germany. That aside, both teams are going with the teams everyone both expected and want to see.

With the Netherlands falling to Denmark, this match could determine the Group B winner. Because the winner of the group will end up on the opposite side of the bracket as Spain -- assuming the Spanish win their group -- winning the group is huge.

Germany (4-2-3-1): Manuel Neuer; Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels, Holger Badstuber, Philipp Lahm; Sami Khedira, Toni Kroos; Thomas Müller, Mesut Özil, Lukas Podolski; Mario Gomez

Portugal (4-3-3): Rui Patrício; João Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Fabio Coentrão; Miguel Veloso, João Moutinho, Raul Meireles; Nani, Helder Postiga, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Tombstone Piledriver

The Artiste
Reaction score
Schweinsteiger is playing.

Boateng given the task of muzzling Ronaldo tonight, huge task for the natural centre-back.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
IMO Nani is better than the German wingers and full backs. I expected Bastian not to start tbh, Kroos has been insane this season and you simply don't take out Ozil, the best CM in the world this year.

Edit: Now he's playing? :shock:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nani is the x-factor. Obv Germany will have to focus on CR so Nani could have lots of space to get off.

Schwein is playing?? huh

well hopefully the link I found the lineups at is full of shit and Almeida will start as well.

Tombstone Piledriver

The Artiste
Reaction score
Germany lineup: Neuer - Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm - Khedira, Schweinsteiger - Müller, Özil, Podolski - Gomez

Germany Sub List - Wiese, Zieler, Schmelzer, Höwedes, Mertesacker, Gündogan, Schürrle, Bender, Kroos, Götze, Reus, Klose.

Tombstone Piledriver

The Artiste
Reaction score
Lahm is also playing on the left now after playing on the right for the most of the saison with Bayern.

Phillip Lahm is the best fullback in the world who can play both sides in a world class level.

Best Left Back in the world David Alaba
Best Right Back in the world Lahm

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Lahm isn't better than Cole, no way, but Lahm is very good, top 5 easily. Best RB probably, the world has shit right backs so it's not actually hard, but yeah, he's not close to Ashley Cole.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:
Ronaldo needs to be in Lahms back pocket whilst Ozil dominates.

I so wish I included Ozil. Fuck sake. Then again he doesn't score too much, but he assists a lot. Depending on this game I might put Gomez in my team with Ozil and remove Mertefucker.