Official Cartoon Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
SAME DUDE. Gah. Sadly they stopped it when the comics ended. :downer:

I still remember that subtle mention of Batman when Slade said the he would be Robin's father and then Robin looked up to the sky and said he already had one and bats flew around in the sky.
Was going to say that. Marked for that reference. It would have been nice if Batman showed up when Raven's father did. That would have been awesome :why: I never did see the comics for teen titans, all I know of is that Starfire on her comics sleeps with everyone.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Was going to say that. Marked for that reference. It would have been nice if Batman showed up when Raven's father did. That would have been awesome :why: I never did see the comics for teen titans, all I know of is that Starfire on her comics sleeps with everyone.
LOL REALLY? That sounds hilarious. It's better than that Teen Titans GO! shit they're doing now and having her be the lovestruck blonde (without being blonde). I miss the original badly. I'm gonna be honest here and say that I use to have a crush on Robin's character. :dawg:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
LOL REALLY? That sounds hilarious. It's better than that Teen Titans GO! shit they're doing now and having her be the lovestruck blonde (without being blonde). I miss the original badly. I'm gonna be honest here and say that I use to have a crush on Robin's character. :dawg:
I saw parts of it, it looked like a drag. :/ just another way to make money by using a old show's name really. And Robin was pretty badass :true:

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I saw parts of it, it looked like a drag. :/ just another way to make money by using a old show's name really. And Robin was pretty badass :true:
Lol, I mean, it's alright for what it is, a fun, little chibi short episodes, but they did downgrade the characters so much though.

You do get some pretty funny scenes sometimes. I was giving the show a try and it was just a random episode about Robin learning how to drive and something else was going on with the other titans (but i forgot what exactly lol) and then they cut back to Robin slapping to some ghetto-ass music LOL

c47a2b63143eb59b671d92edd1509bbe.gif

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
What's SHH? lol

And lmao, you can start those threads if you want, but I don't think you'll get a huge response. :dawg:

Well... maybe not Live Action Shows. Like, do you mean just shows in general? There are plenty of threads about those, Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, etc.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
What's SHH? lol

And lmao, you can start those threads if you want, but I don't think you'll get a huge response. :dawg:

Well... maybe not Live Action Shows. Like, do you mean just shows in general? There are plenty of threads about those, Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, etc.

Super Hero Squad. :))

Live Action Shows, specifically from Nick and Disney Channel. That's So Raven, The Suite Life, Drake and Josh... XD Too childish, nevermind haha

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Super Hero Squad. :))

Live Action Shows, specifically from Nick and Disney Channel. That's So Raven, The Suite Life, Drake and Josh... XD Too childish, nevermind haha
Ohh, never watched SHH, lol.

And ah I see. If you look at my first post of this thread, I took a screenshot of all the shows I watched. I know I put Drake and Josh, but goddamn I musta' missed That's So Raven and Suite Life as well. Damnit! Need to re-edit my list. :dawg:

Buuuut let's stay on topic on cartoons. :urm:

Forgot to mention I still watch Family Guy and South Park, lol.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ohh, never watched SHH, lol.

And ah I see. If you look at my first post of this thread, I took a screenshot of all the shows I watched. I know I put Drake and Josh, but goddamn I musta' missed That's So Raven and Suite Life as well. Damnit! Need to re-edit my list. :dawg:

Buuuut let's stay on topic on cartoons. :urm:

Forgot to mention I still watch Family Guy and South Park, lol.

I thought that Cartoons doesn't include the Family Guy-esque Cartoons haha.

My fave from the Adult Cartoons would be Futurama and Family Guy! Haven't watched South Park except that wrestling episode haha. :)

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I thought that Cartoons doesn't include the Family Guy-esque Cartoons haha.

My fave from the Adult Cartoons would be Futurama and Family Guy! Haven't watched South Park except that wrestling episode haha. :)

Lmao what? Cartoons are cartoons no matter what rating they have, lol. Oh yeah, I haven't been keeping up with Futurama either. Damnit! lol

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'm just going to say right now, this is the Official Western Animation thread to me. I hate the word Cartoons. Anyway, most of the stuff I do watch has already been mentioned so I'm just going to post in replies.

Copied off of the anime thread by William.

Just a thread to discuss your favorite (or hated) cartoons from any era.

I don't watch much cartoons anymore; however, there is one that I currently obsess over more than WWE and that is Avatar: The Last Airbender and it's prequel show Legend of Korra. It's my absolute favorite show right now and probably will be for a long time. Other current cartoons I also watch are My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Adventure Time and Regular Show.

I definitely don't want to type out every single cartoon I've watched my whole life but I DID list every single show I've watched in my entire life on Facebook (I know, I'm a fucking loser, got it.) and here's a screencap of it. Just look past the non-cartoon ones. I also did try and list them in order of when I started watching these shows. You wanna' talk about 90's cartoons? I'm your fucking man.

QzPLt44.png

As if my last two Avatars on here (Toph & Azula for future reference) weren't any indication, I'm a pretty big fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season one overall was pretty meh but season two and three are incredible. I just finished up rewatching season two a few days ago, and man are those Ba Sing Se episodes fantastic. Possibly the best stretch of episodes in the series (I'll know for sure after rewatching season three). My favorite characters are Toph, Azula (shocking so far, I know), & Sokka with Zuko as a very close fourth.

As for Korra, I was loving it at first. I recall watching episode 6, and being on the edge of my seat the entire time for last fifteen or however many minutes it was. Definitely the most tense scene in the entire franchise if you ask me. However then I saw the final two and jesus christ were they horrible. I'll still be watching the new season but my enthusiasm for it was essentially killed by those two episodes. I'll explain it in a spoiler as well as respond to all the other shows you've seen (that I have too) in a spoiler just because of how long of a list it is.

I. The first problem is one that may not be a problem and just be something I didn't see or miss, so correct me if I'm wrong but Mako never breaks up with Asami from my memory. He just hooks up with Korra, I don't remember any scene or line that even implies he does. All we got from what I can recall is it being pretty obvious to Asami that his hearts with Korra but that's all. Really can't get behind that unless I'm just wrong here.

II. They butchered Amon's character and this is the biggest problem I have with the finale. I'm not talking about him not being a bender, though I'll admit I was a little disappoint because I liked the idea of a main non-bending villain .I'm talking about them changing his character as someone who truly believes in the equality he preaches to someone who clearly was just another hungry for power and didn't believe anything he was saying. I mean, he's backstory should really only work if the implied result from it was that he was horrified from being forced to blood bending that he rose up against bending as a whole. That would've been good but that wasn't the case. He flagrantly used blood bending against even his own comrades, and he even compliments benders and al. It just felt like instead of trying to deal with the dilemma they set up at the beginning, a good dilemma by the way, they side-stepped it by making Amon just a clear bad guy and I hate that. I also didn't care for him being Tarrlok's brother because I'd rather the story wasn't that connected and it felt a little contrived but that's meh. Also, I'm not talking about how people found out he truly was a bender, that made perfect sense.

Oh, and I did love the brother suicide scene. That was beautifully done and great but it's not enough to make me like the finale.

III. Amon's backstory was utter crap. First off, the impression I think you should get from Amon's backstory (for his character to still remain interesting), which I mentioned in the last paragraph, you obviously don't get (at least I didn't) but my problem with it isn't that it's how they presented it. It's important to show not tell, and his backstory was just told. We saw visuals to accompany it but we didn't see anything natural developed, we're just told it did. Recall The Storm, or Zuko Alone from the original series, two of my favorite episodes. They showed us the backstories, we saw the characters develop first hand, that allows a much better connection and much better impact as a viewer rather than Tarrlok just stating how things developed. That story should've carried some emotional weight but it really didn't, and the big reason is because they didn't show us, they told us.

IV. Was Korra's plan seriously just to tell the Equalists at the rally Amon can bend? What made her think that would work? She's the poster boy of the enemy to them, and all she has is anecdotal evidence. Not a big problem, but really stupid. Mako should've at least known better.

V. Tenzin's family escaped. There is no way around that, the scene with them escaping doesn't have a trace if it being possible for them being captured. But of course, Amon somehow got them and Korra lampshading the impossibility of it doesn't make it any better. Admitting stupidity doesn't make said stupidity less stupid. Also, from a story perspective you could've dropped them being captured without losing much. All they did was add a little more drama but really it was unnecessary and not really needed to advance the plot.

VI. The beginning of the series focuses on Korra trying to learn Air Bending but having trouble because the mind state you need to be in to air bend conflicts with her personality. You have to be at peace, have to be tranquil, and the set that up very clearly. Yet when Korra finally does air bend it's out of anger, and rage, as Amon is going to take away Mako's bending. I don't mind that in of itself but don't drill in what she needs to do to air bend if that's not how she ends up air bending.

VII. Iroh was cool but very underdeveloped. Also, Dante Basco using the same voice as Zuko was really distracting.

VIII. Bolin being useless. The guy is suppose to be a part of team Avatar but he's utterly useless here. They even set up for him to have a chance to improve in learn metal bending but nope, he's just completely comic relief

IX. The ending was crap, too. It was just too rushed and easy. Within a New York Minute, everything is resolved. Every problem that arose is essentially fixed and it doesn't really feel like Amon had any real impact. I know Tarrlok's now gone but that was on Tarrlok more than Amon, it just wasn't that good.

X. Not really in relation to just the finale, but the whole romance aspect of this series was rather poor. Just wanted to have ten so I'm throwing that out there.

Adventure Time & Regular Show ~ Saw a couple episodes from both, both are alright. I like Regular Show better.

South Park & Family Guy ~ The former is really consistent but nothing I ever loved and the latter was pretty good during the early seasons but nothing ever special and the latter seasons are fucking horrible.

Futurama ~ One of my favorite shows of all-time, love it. Still have to catch up on all the new stuff.

Foster's Home ~ Liked the first few episodes, but nothing kept me watching after those.

Billy & Mandy & Catscratch ~ The former was way too hit and miss while the latter was just meh all the time.

Emperor's New School, Invader Zim, & Chalkzone ~ Only liked the middle one, and outside of Avatar it's my favorite Nick show period. Love Invader Zim.

Lazlo, KND, & Jimmy Neutron ~ Lazlo seemed good from what little I've seen, nice spin-off of Rocko's Modern Life, probably better. KND was great, the ending was such a cock-tease, enjoyed it greatly though. Neutron is good.

Kim Possible & Danny Phantom ~ Liked both, Kim Possible especially. Been rewatching Kim Possible (though not recently) got to episode 20 and I still love the series as much as when I first saw it (if not more).

Jake Long & Lilo & Stitch ~ Jake Long was good but I admittedly stopped watching it when they changed the art style. Lilo & Stitch was only memorable for the crossovers, funnily enough it got paired with the best one here.

Odd Parents & Ginger ~ Meh (though some of the specials [like the internet and channel one] were great) and awesomeness. Loved Carl's stories in ginger. Also had one of the saddest moment in all Nick shows maybe the saddest. I got teary-eyed at least.

Spongebob & Weekenders ~ Weekenders was fun, loved the episode where Tito abandoned all emotion. Spongebob is meh, never really cared about it but never changed the channel if it was on either. Not that good but with it's moments (I hate Spongebob though [found out during rewatch]). Band Geeks however, is one of the best episodes out there for kids programming, it's perfect and almost every way.

All Grown Up ~ Liked it better than the original. Ironically because of nostalgia. Not that I seen All Grown Up first but the series was good with evoking nostalgia like the episode where they found Reptar (one of my all time favorites, up there with Band Geeks for favorite Nick episodes).

Sabrina: The Animated Series ~ Never cared for it, but I didn't hate it.

Samurai Jack & Courage The Cowardly Dog ~ Both really awesome (I love samurai's/swordsmen). Courage's backstory was pretty sad too, got teary-eyed (didn't cry though) when I first saw it. Nowhere near as powerful in rewatch but as a kid it was great.

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Teen Titans, & Recess ~ I enjoyed Puffy Ami Yumi way more than I should have but it wasn't anything great. Titans is one of my favorite western animated shows ever and Go! (the show, not the comics based on the show) piss me off more than you can ever imagine. Recess is great.

Pepper Ann, Teenage Robot, & Rocket Power ~ Didn't like Pepper Ann but the other two were great. Though the only episodes I remember from Rocket Power were the dog one, the Tony Hawk one and the video game one.

Static Shock ~ Great, the crossover episodes with Batman/Justice League were beast.

Jackie Chan & Proud Family ~ Loved the first arc (the talismans) but stopped watching quickly after that. Planning on rewatching and finishing it eventually. Proud Family sucks, big time.

Arnold, Bravo, & Ed, Edd, & Eddy ~ The first two were meh and the last one was good but sometimes inconsistent. The last season was pretty weird from what little I've seen, never expected to see them in school. Want to rewatch Ed, Edd, & Eddy some day.

Cow & Chicken, Dexters Lab & Scooby Doo ~ All were good, I don't think I'd like Cow & Chicken nowadays though. Scooby Doo once crossed over with Batman, which makes it the best of them all (and isn't Scooby Doo crossing over with WWE?).

Catdog (I saw the other shows around it but don't feel like commenting on them due to their nature being different) ~ Pretty good. Didn't really like the movie though.

Ren & Stimpy, Doug, & Pinky & The Brain ~ The last one is the only one I really liked.

Rugrats ~ As I said, I prefered All Grown Up but I still really liked Rugrats. Kind of hit or miss but the hits were generally really strong (the misses kill it and make AGU better as well). Also, I liked Kimi, she's a bit of a base breaker but I always liked her.

Rocko's Modern Life & Ahh Real Monsters ~ The former was hit or miss and the latter I hardly remember. I liked it though, and I mark for their crossover with Rugrats everytime I see that Rugrats episode.

Tom and Jerry, Jetsons, & Flintstones ~ Classic but slapstick isn't really my thing (at least not when it's in full force), good, and terrible. Liked one of the SNES games for Flintstones though.

Man I watch a LOT of cartoons. Lemme list my Top 5, in no order.

-Adventure Time
-Avatar (don't got the time to watch Legend of Korra)
-Powerpuff Girls
-Johnny Test
-Fairly Odd Parents

Powerpuff Girls is one of my favorites, great show.

-Batman Beyond
-Batman: Animated Series
-Duck Dodgers(before you say it, yes it's because of Dave Mustaine)
-Justice League

Really enjoyed the most out of these cartoons then any other ones. I'm attracted to Super Hero shows for some reason. Possibly just because I know most of the characters already, but it's still cool watching each one. Static Shock gets an honorable mention, I'll throw in MLP for a few episodes are still entertaining to me.

Batman: The Animated Series is one of my favorite shows of all-time. Absolutely love it. Almost Got 'Im is probably my favorite. Batman Beyond was great too, at least in the first two seasons. Loved the episode Earth Mover, though that's a base breaker. Curious to know your thoughts on it. Also loved Out Of The Past and Meltdown, for obvious reasons. Missed a lot of Justice League but enjoyed all I saw.

A few series's not mentioned that I also really like are King Of The Hill, Pelswick & Fillmore!

Finally, Teen Titans fan may want to check out the spoiler, it's a short chapter from the comics based off Teen Titans (and I believe they are canon), and my favorite from the series.

LLmbe0D.jpg

1dVWHT1.jpg

kQrpN0e.jpg

GaLFC76.jpg

cVxkowo.jpg

3htkt3v.jpg

S6JTOiq.jpg

WBZfnoN.jpg

ohT7eO3.jpg

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
So much to reply to in one post :shock: :dawg:

Now that you mention it, Amon/Noatak does bother me as well. Why would he go through so much to make people believe the benders are bad when apparently he doesn't believe it in himself? Doesn't make much sense. It just seems he was causing a rebellion for no reason at all.

Yeah, the ending was pretty bad compared to the rest of the series. I hated as well the fact that she just got all her bending powers back because Aang just randomly shows up and gives it back to her. What would have been a whole lot better was that she never got the rest of her bending powers back and only had her air bending for awhile. That would've been a great dynamic that I could definitely get behind on. It was her worst power, her disadvantage, and now she learns to make it her advantage. That's such a great moral to learn as well. But noooope.

What I think might have been the problem was that Legend of Korra was just going to be a mini-series because they weren't sure if a lot of people were going to like it as much as Last Airbender. I have no idea why they would even doubt that, but before it came out my friend was telling it was going to be a mini-series and I was horrified. Thank god that wasn't the case though.

Did you see the official Book 2 trailer? They showed it at Comic-Con yesterday!

They're going to tell the story about how the very first avatar (Avatar Wan) came to be. I think that's a really, really interesting story to tell. Can't wait to see it!

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
just gunna make a long list
Dexters lab
Cow and chicken
Powerpuff girls
Spongebob
Fairly odd parents
Scooby doo