Official Barclays Premier League Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Looking forward for us (City) starting the season today, when we play Southampton at home. Not to be disrespectful to Southampton fans but we'll ever slaughter them or it will be a close game. Like many other of the games today you just can't figure out which teams are at the races, but I'm sure given that we played a very competitive game in the Community shield against Chelsea that we'll comfortably beat Saints.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
To be honest, I'm not sure. It wasn't a different style, AVB hasn't really changed anything. Spurs are a lot weaker side than you were last year. You've lost your top 2 players from last season -- Adebayor and Modric -- and Bale imo is not good enough (overrated) to carry a game on his back, he was so average today. Spurs will be lucky to finish in the top 5 even this year imo. Sad, as I love the team so much. Your chairmen is just Blue and sacked one of the best managers in the league.

Maybe I should find a secondary team to get a interest for. It's not like I have personal stakes in this like you English.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Lacky said:
Looking forward for us (City) starting the season today, when we play Southampton at home. Not to be disrespectful to Southampton fans but we'll ever slaughter them or it will be a close game. Like many other of the games today you just can't figure out which teams are at the races, but I'm sure given that we played a very competitive game in the Community shield against Chelsea that we'll comfortably beat Saints.

I predict a slaughter. As much as I hate City (no offence, I have to), I love the way they play and I'm glad (believe it or not) that you're our main rivals now. We were forced to change our style last year and now both United and City play the football needed to be head and shoulders above the rest of the PL and can now compete in Europe, although both of us flopped last year. The short quick passes is just beautiful and is the future of top flight football (and the present, Barca, Madrid, Spain etc).

Stopspot said:
Maybe I should find a secondary team to get a interest for. It's not like I have personal stakes in this like you English.

United.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hazards turn in the center was beautiful and the way he toyed with the defender for the pen. Wig an are moving the ball around pretty well IMO, just missing that killer pass. Chelsea looking like contenders so far, great play.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Branislav Ivanovic just scored, and I put him in my dream team yesterday, but wont get points whilst next week. :bury: