Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Impactsona

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Favorite Sports Team
G4TDPQp
Danganronpa 3: End of Hope's peak academy - only started this week and shit has already gone down. Third game is unrelated so, if completed 1 + 2 and don't wanna be spoiled watch it.
And it's 2 eps a week going by MAL.
As a fan of the games I can't wait to watch,

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Shokugeki No Souma season two just had it's last episode today so not much is on my radar. Pretty great season like the first and even with the faster pacing it didn't get to the point where I wanted it to. (This season only had 13 episodes compared to the previous' 24.)

Oh well I don't mind the quicker pacing as it means we'll get to best girl sooner.

3c33af0fadf6b47d57592b4afde4d587.png

8/10 season overall.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score

It took me two watches to understand the situation somewhat slightly. Good stuff from A1-pictures, art and animation hella on point. Also the music really helped bring the feels for when things got emotional and the visuals were breath taking. I would say this is one of the best anime related things all year.

I keep forgetting this thread exist...not enough weeaboos on this forum.

What I gather is that the story is she's like in some Matrix-esque simulation and the orange haired girl with the drawing pad is like her avatar (for lack of a better term). On the outside of this simulation you see her hooked up to something in a spaceship floating in space. The memories she has of what I assume to be her father suggest that that guy pit her in said machine to possibly protect her from something like I dunno', the Apocalypse?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
What I gather is that the story is she's like in some Matrix-esque simulation and the orange haired girl with the drawing pad is like her avatar (for lack of a better term). On the outside of this simulation you see her hooked up to something in a spaceship floating in space. The memories she has of what I assume to be her father suggest that that guy pit her in said machine to possibly protect her from something like I dunno', the Apocalypse?

Agreed, this year in anime has been pretty mellow, too many dissapointments (FUCKING BERSERK!), lots of bandwagon teen animes and very few genuinely good things. Then again 2016 has been a shit year for just about everything. This short film is a great treat.

You can see a planet crashing into Earth near the end, presumably her dad hooked her into this matrix spaceship thing and saved her life, sacrificing himself in the process. The letter she recieves at the end confirms this as it translates to:

To Rin

There was just so little time left after you were born. I don't know how much love I managed to pour into raising you after your mother died... But your smile kept me going. (^_^)I would like to have come with you, but I couldn't. I wanted you to forget everything and move on... I knew you'd be alright. But you'll get lonely, and remember. I know you'll grow strong, and read this letter some day. I really wish we could have spent more time together. I'm sorry. You were so young back then, too young to understand what they meant. So let me repeat... My final words to you.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Agreed, this year in anime has been pretty mellow, too many dissapointments (FUCKING BERSERK!), lots of bandwagon teen animes and very few genuinely good things. Then again 2016 has been a shit year for just about everything. This short film is a great treat.

You can see a planet crashing into Earth near the end, presumably her dad hooked her into this matrix spaceship thing and saved her life, sacrificing himself in the process. The letter she recieves at the end confirms this as it translates to:

To Rin

There was just so little time left after you were born. I don't know how much love I managed to pour into raising you after your mother died... But your smile kept me going. (^_^)I would like to have come with you, but I couldn't. I wanted you to forget everything and move on... I knew you'd be alright. But you'll get lonely, and remember. I know you'll grow strong, and read this letter some day. I really wish we could have spent more time together. I'm sorry. You were so young back then, too young to understand what they meant. So let me repeat... My final words to you.

That makes sense thanks for the translation. Also, I agree anime 2016 has been really lackluster for the most part. So much so that I've only been keeping up with Dragonball Super lol.

VanillaCoke

The Artiste
Reaction score
I wanna start watching anime, but I dont know where to start. Help?

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I wanna start watching anime, but I dont know where to start. Help?

I don't know what your personal tastes are but here are some series I'd generally recommend:

Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Death Parade
Deadman Wonderland
Evangelion
Gurren Laggan
Kill La Kill
Samurai Champloo
Psycho Pass
Welcome to the NHK
Zankyou no terror.

Some of my personal favorites, hopefully you find something you like.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I've been so out of the loop with anime for a while now, like the last one I ended up watching was Tokyo Ghoul.

Unless you wanna count the Pokemon X/Y anime. And boy, that sure is a whole big heaping pile of terrible. Pokemon anime sucks hard after Hoenn.

VanillaCoke

The Artiste
Reaction score
I've been so out of the loop with anime for a while now, like the last one I ended up watching was Tokyo Ghoul.

Unless you wanna count the Pokemon X/Y anime. And boy, that sure is a whole big heaping pile of terrible. Pokemon anime sucks hard after Hoenn.
Pokemon XY and Z was AMAZING.
GO WATCH IT. NOW.

Thanks dude for the anime help

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Of all the things I expected from this show.

tumblr_obfbwt9ATH1vv1g70o1_540.gif

This was not one of them.

I don't know what your personal tastes are but here are some series I'd generally recommend:

Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Death Parade
Deadman Wonderland
Evangelion
Gurren Laggan
Kill La Kill
Samurai Champloo
Psycho Pass
Welcome to the NHK
Zankyou no terror.

Some of my personal favorites, hopefully you find something you like.

Neon Genesis Evangelion? Psycho Pass? Damn dude you're starting @Thyst04 a bit too heavy aren't ya?

Anyways I'm going to reccommend some anime that I think are great for getting into anime, I'll post my Hummingbird review alongside them if I've done one too.

giphy.gif

COWBOY BEBOP
Episodes:
Rating: 5.0
Review: "Classy, cool, thrilling. Cowboy Bebop is all of these things and more. Featuring the greatest soundtrack to any anime ever (That's not said lightly by the way) and with great work on both the English subs and English dub makes Cowboy Bebop a truly special delight that to date no other anime has been able to replicate, ever. There are two types of people who watch anime, those who agree Bebop is awesome and those who hate things simply because everyone else agrees they're awesome. Most likely the greatest form of anime to have ever existed. If I had one word to describe Cowboy Bebop, it'd be "Beautiful". See you Space Cowboy."

tumblr_inline_nkq2uveGGU1sygek4.gif

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD
Episodes:
Review: "Most likely the best Shounen show of all-time. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood manages to put everything good about the original series and fix everything bad all in half the episodes. Compelling characters and story are accompanied by grand animation and a fantastic soundtrack make for a non-stop thrill ride filled with laughs and drama. Brotherhood will force you to rewatch and then when you're done with that you'll still be looking up all your favourite moments on YouTube for years to come. A glorious must watch for all anime fans. Roy Mustang is best girl."

tumblr_n4bg6a1ZBc1rh04iio2_500.gif

TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN
Episodes:
Review: "Gurren Lagann is what all Shounen wish they were. It's an amazing, epic and thrilling tale all about believing in one self and unlike in DragonBall or Naruto where it feels forced in, the message and impact that Gurren Lagann leaves is genuine. Fantastic from start to end! Even if some of the moments (especially during fight scenes) will make your brain question what the hell is going on and to that I ask you tell your brain to shut up. "Listen up, Simon. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the me who believes in you!"

tumblr_n28v74rACg1sq98yyo1_500.gif

TORADORA!
Episodes: 25
Rating: 4.5
Review:
"If you are a Slice of Life fan and haven't seen Toradora! Then you're missing out on one of the best told and beautifully comprised anime romance series of all time. Hilarious whilst also being heart-warming, Toradora manages to be one of the first Slice of Life Comedy series to be able to challenge Haruhi Suzumiya and some say that Toradora! might even of been the better of the two."

a4e1f4de78c182ac9839f4bc4e3ad7ed.gif

BACCANO!
Episodes:
Review: "The Tarantino anime, as many like to call it. Baccano! is a wonderful tale which is also sadly a rather short one. However with the little time it has, Baccano manages to create one of the greatest stories in all of anime, the reason why it's called a Tarantino flick in anime form is because it has the same perfect mix or brutality and class that his movies have. Baccano! is Fantastic!"

giphy.gif

ONE PUNCH MAN
Episodes:
Review: "A lot of the time when an anime reaches into the “mainstream” it’s an average show that only serves as being a fad before slipping in the deepest depths of anime hell. One Punch Man is the exception to that rule, a wonderful exception at that. A perfect adaption of it’s source material, OPM tells the story of Superman and friends more realistically than DC ever managed to do, he isn’t a symbol of justice for all that is good, he’s just a regular guy by the name of Saitama trying to find the purpose in life when you’re the most powerful superhero in existence. Hilarious and with one of the best examples animation and soundtrack mixing perfectly, One Punch Man will have you grinning from ear to ear."

tumblr_ngye6awoSP1rydwbvo1_500.gif

SHOKUGEKI NO SOUMA
Episodes:
37 (Season 1 - 24 & Season 2 - 13)
Review: "Dragonball Z if Goku was a master chef rather than a mixed martial artist expert and alien. However, despite coming from the dreaded tagline of “shounen”, Shokugeki No Souma has genuine appeal for all anime fans as a silly, lighthearted jab at all things Shounen whilst also giving us a detailed and well told story to enjoy amongst all the bizarre, over the top action (All of which is animated beautifully). Filled with loveable and diverse characters, great music and just overall joy. Shokugeki No Souma is one of the best examples of “shut up and enjoy it” in anime history. Now if only they could tone down on the ecchi side of the show..."

tumblr_nmf1iqIJmy1urt52go1_500.gif

THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA
Episodes:
28 (2 Seasons at 14 episodes each)
Review: "Fun, lighthearted and a dig at all things anime, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a classic series and a comedy anime that all "otaku" should invest their time in. English dub simply because of Crispin Freeman's sarcastic narration and constantly condescending snark! Something that has truly earned the title of a "classic" and one of the biggest trendsetters in recent anime history which will be remembered fondly for years to come. Just...prepare yourself for endless eight because it needs to be stomached in order to fully enjoy the movie."

tumblr_o6dw51PwnS1s0v605o1_500.gif

THE DISSAPEARANCE OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA
Episodes:
1 (164 Minute movie)(Available on YouTube)
Rating: 10.0/5.0
Review: "My personal all time favorite of any form of anime-media. Where as the series was cheerful and hillarious, full of cheesy tracks and jokes alike. Kyoto Animation decided to, much like with Clannad: After Story, flip the entire series on it's head and head down the serious path, the truly magical thing is that it still manages to keep the pure class and charm of the original series on for the ride to. A masterpiece in anime story telling from start to finish. The animation and soundtrack is arguably KyotoAni's best with it being just plain beautiful at points whilst being so simple. It's a shame that you had to of watched the original series to understand this though because I've seen it turn Haruhi haters into SOS Brigade wannabes! Simply wonderful. Essential anime viewing."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
This year has been so bad for anime with not one new series catching my eye. Then all of a sudden I decided to cave in and watch what I thought was going to be the fad show that everyone is talking about but unlike the likes of SAO, Mirai Nikki and Deadman Wonderland, this show with a teenager demographic isn't shit. Re: Zero is one of the most purely entertaining shows I have seen in a long, long time. Filled with endearing characters and even a main character with "Shinji Ikari" whiny traits whom is actually likable. It has flaws and it can be cliche as they come at times but it also seems to love those cliches rather than trying to be different like the former mentioned three and when a show has such fantastic technical achievements (The VA's are especially on point) it's hard to deny just how good it is. Re: Zero was so much damn fun and I am looking forward to the next season (hopefully it actually comes). Oh right, one last thing...

Rem is best girl 2016!

tumblr_o919a3mTmp1ta7pubo1_500.gif

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
This season sucks. Only watching Haikyuu! and might check out Drifters when it's done. Other than that, meh.