Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Must say that I loved Kick Buttowski. Good anime. Best anime.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score

Finally!!!! I'm not the biggest AoT fan by any means but I've been waiting for Eren Vs. Colossal and Armored Titan animated, this shit is going to be hype. Too bad after this stuff in the manga it gets boring.

Impactsona

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Favorite Sports Team
G4TDPQp
So How was everyone's season ?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
C2DDnfbVIAAHX1s.jpg

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
@Mustafar Reginald
Any updates on what you're watching/reading/enjoying? Considering we got a few good stuff come out in the past year or so. BNH, OPM, Food Wars, etc.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
@Mustafar Reginald
Any updates on what you're watching/reading/enjoying? Considering we got a few good stuff come out in the past year or so. BNH, OPM, Food Wars, etc.

Oh boy, there's been a lot of series I've watched since I was last in this thread. By far my favorite is a series called Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, which has made it's way into my top five favorite anime of all-time. It's period piece character drama centered around a niche art-form so it doesn't have a lot of broad appeal but it's a masterclass in story-telling, character writing, visual direction, voice acting, pretty much any category of the craft. The final episode made a suggestion that hurt the show from ranking even higher but I do think the multi-generational tale is worth a look at, though the Rakugo scenes may be a point of contention (Rakugo is the art-form, essentially it's someone sitting in a knee position telling one of many past downed stories in their own unique ways, rather than getting glimpses, we see basically full performances, I love it, as the stories the characters choose often inform a lot about the character but I've heard a few people saying that it held the experience down for them). If you haven't seen it, I can't ganuarantee you'd like it but the first episode should be all it takes to decide whether it's for you are not. It's about 45 minutes long (the rest is 22) but I'd recommend it.

Other than that, I really loved Kekkai Sensen. It's frenetic energy and odd-ball cast of characters with a highly emotional & thematic over-arcing story arc among the episodic misadventures really worked for me. Looking forward to the second season, though since Rie Matsumoto is no longer directing it I'm not expecting it to be anywhere as good as the first. My Hero Academia is awesome, though that first episode was painfully slow and kept me from watching. But it's pure shonen essence and intelligent conflicts/resolutions make it one of my favorite battle series out there. I'm pretty far behind on the current season, only seeing the first three. One Punch Man I mostly liked for the sakuga, the final fight between Saitama and Boros is one of the greatest fights in anime. Absolutely glorious. I liked Mob Psycho 100 more though, since it focused more on the emotions of the characters and themes rather than the action. Haven't seen Food Wars.

I also recently finally saw all of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm super late to that party but, at least with End of Evangelion in mind, I loved it. End of Evangelion might actually be my favorite anime movie of all-time, it's either that or Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (maybe the Mushishi movie and Overture to a New War too). Currently going through the manga, which I've also been enjoying.

I've seen a good handful of other stuff but this seems to be a fair starting point. What about you?

Reactions: CM Punk

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I like watching Anime. I've watched all the Vampire Knight Season and the First two seasons of Inuyasha. I hv seen some Robo Chicken like 7 yrs ago. I used to watch Bevis and Butthead when I was like 6-8. Love Family Guy. Not a big fan of Futerama.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I like watching Anime. I've watched all the Vampire Knight Season and the First two seasons of Inuyasha. I hv seen some Robo Chicken like 7 yrs ago. I used to watch Bevis and Butthead when I was like 6-8. Love Family Guy. Not a big fan of Futerama.

Only the first two of those are anime, or are examples of what this thread is centered around (Japanese animation). Never seen Vampire Knight but I recall liking what I saw of Inuyasha. Seemed like the show never progressed, so I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if I returned to it but I have some fond memories of it if nothing else. Futurama is actually my favorite of the stuff you mentioned haha, different strokes.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh boy, there's been a lot of series I've watched since I was last in this thread. By far my favorite is a series called Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, which has made it's way into my top five favorite anime of all-time. It's period piece character drama centered around a niche art-form so it doesn't have a lot of broad appeal but it's a masterclass in story-telling, character writing, visual direction, voice acting, pretty much any category of the craft. The final episode made a suggestion that hurt the show from ranking even higher but I do think the multi-generational tale is worth a look at, though the Rakugo scenes may be a point of contention (Rakugo is the art-form, essentially it's someone sitting in a knee position telling one of many past downed stories in their own unique ways, rather than getting glimpses, we see basically full performances, I love it, as the stories the characters choose often inform a lot about the character but I've heard a few people saying that it held the experience down for them). If you haven't seen it, I can't ganuarantee you'd like it but the first episode should be all it takes to decide whether it's for you are not. It's about 45 minutes long (the rest is 22) but I'd recommend it.

Other than that, I really loved Kekkai Sensen. It's frenetic energy and odd-ball cast of characters with a highly emotional & thematic over-arcing story arc among the episodic misadventures really worked for me. Looking forward to the second season, though since Rie Matsumoto is no longer directing it I'm not expecting it to be anywhere as good as the first. My Hero Academia is awesome, though that first episode was painfully slow and kept me from watching. But it's pure shonen essence and intelligent conflicts/resolutions make it one of my favorite battle series out there. I'm pretty far behind on the current season, only seeing the first three. One Punch Man I mostly liked for the sakuga, the final fight between Saitama and Boros is one of the greatest fights in anime. Absolutely glorious. I liked Mob Psycho 100 more though, since it focused more on the emotions of the characters and themes rather than the action. Haven't seen Food Wars.

I also recently finally saw all of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm super late to that party but, at least with End of Evangelion in mind, I loved it. End of Evangelion might actually be my favorite anime movie of all-time, it's either that or Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (maybe the Mushishi movie and Overture to a New War too). Currently going through the manga, which I've also been enjoying.

I've seen a good handful of other stuff but this seems to be a fair starting point. What about you?
Hmm, I'll probably check out Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu if I get the time too.
I also agree on enjoying Mob Psycho more than One Punch Man. Reason obviously being that Mob Psycho has somewhat of an interesting plot or atleast moreso than One Punch.

I actually haven't been watching much Anime recently. I got pretty into Kuroko no Basuke when that came out, and Haikyuu beat that for me.
Other shows that came out in other seasons that I enjoyed though would probably have to be Parasyte and Erased. I also tried to watch the Digimon sequel, but I only got through the first 4 episodes. I don't know, it wasn't that captivating to me, but I'll try to complete it. Food Wars is a great show in my opinion. First few episodes might weird you out, but I'd recommend to continue it.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't remember if I responded ages ago to this thread or not. Eff it.

Huge Sailor Moon fan for 22 years, going to a Sailor Moon convention next month where you can meet some of the cast, most importantly, Susan Roman, who voices my favorite, Sailor Jupiter.

I have dabbled in anime over the years, but, SM is the one I stick to FOR LIFE LOLOLOL.

Also have watched City Hunter, Goldenboy, Vampire Hunter D, Death Note, Street Fighter, Ninja Scroll, Perfect Blue, and some others I am forgetting because it's been a while.

Reactions: Solidus1