Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Will spring season come already. I wish for all current ones to perish.

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
I agree on spring, Date a Live season 2 is in that bulk ;o. and it'll be nice to get some new animes started too one I look through to see what I fancy.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I agree on spring, Date a Live season 2 is in that bulk ;o. and it'll be nice to get some new animes started too one I look through to see what I fancy.
I still have to finish DAL S1. I never got past ep 2

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm excited for Spring but really enjoying some of the ones airing at the moments

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Miss Monochrome is decent for what it is actually.

As for myanimelist here 's mine

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/muur1234

I agree. Your usage of the word "actually" leads me to believe you think I was insulting it, I wasn't. I was simply stating it was quick watch & considering all episodes were about four minutes long (well, technically three ignoring the ED but I just couldn't watch an episode without staying & watching the ED, surprisingly one of my favorites). It was a fun watch.

Geez, they make a lot of Pokémon. Anyway, I recently saw Origin this month myself, it was a pretty good watch. Way too rushed, the actual story itself isn't that great & characters were [mostly] poor but I loved the animation & fight choreography (particularly during Charmander vs. Squirtle). Plus the OST was really nostalgic. & from the pool of movies, the third has always been my favorite. Haven't watched them in years though.

From what I've seen on your list, I'd say either Madoka Magica or Death Note are my favorite. Probably Death Note for the first two-thirds & the conclusion. I kinda feel like I admire Madoka Magica for it's beautiful, often unique visuals & it's great score, more than I actually liked it. But I still liked it a lot (not sure if you checked my list but it got an 9 on there for the aforementioned reasons but I probably only like it an 8). Also, I know what this says about me but I was on Kyubey's side pretty much the entire time.

Oh & on the note for the Spring Season coming. I don't tend to watch anime as they're currently airing, just because I hate being forced to wait to see the next installment but I'm rather pumped for the second season of Mushishi. One of my personal favorites & due the show being entirely episodic, it's less harrowing to have to wait.

Oh fuck yes! Watanabe & Yoko Kano's name attached to any project basically guarantees I'm watching. This one seems pretty interesting too, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Muur and CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh fuck yes! Watanabe & Yoko Kano's name attached to any project basically guarantees I'm watching. This one seems pretty interesting too, thanks for sharing.
No problem.

Also, have any suggestions on Anime's to watch?

I'll just use a list of stuff I've already got planned or am currently watching to avoid you mentioning them.

- Yu Yu Hakoshu
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Code Geass
- Cowboy Bepop

Also, I've avoided watching Space Dandy and Killa La Kill because I've heard it's fan service heavy.

Plus, I just want to point out I enjoyed FMA Brotherhood more than the original. (Not that the original was bad, but the ending didn't satisfy me.)

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
No problem.

Also, have any suggestions on Anime's to watch?

I'll just use a list of stuff I've already got planned or am currently watching to avoid you mentioning them.

- Yu Yu Hakoshu
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Code Geass
- Cowboy Bepop

Also, I've avoided watching Space Dandy and Killa La Kill because I've heard it's fan service heavy.

Plus, I just want to point out I enjoyed FMA Brotherhood more than the original. (Not that the original was bad, but the ending didn't satisfy me.)

Well, I'm not sure if you ever picked back up on Hunter x Hunter 2011 but I'll throw it out there. At least for the Yorknew & Chimera Ant arcs, it's probably my favorite (though overall, it's only about fourth). Haven't seen much of Kill La Kill but yeah, it definitely is (I also don't think it's really god from what I saw). Space Dandy much less so but it depends on the episode.

I'll suggest Baccano! It's only about 13 episodes (16 counting the three specials which aren't as good but worth watching) & it's just an absolute blast. The first episode doesn't make a whole lot of sense until you finish the series but it was enough to intrigue me. I'm just going to copy & paste the synopsis out of laziness . . .

"During the early 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Based on the award winning light novels of the same name, this anime adaptation follows several events that initially seem unrelated, both in time and place, but are part of a much bigger story—one of alchemy, survival and immortality. Merging these events together are the kindhearted would-be thieves, Isaac and Miria, connecting various people, all of them with their own hidden ambitions and agendas, and creating lifelong bonds and consequences for everyone involved."

If that sounds appealing, give it a shot. Also, both this & Bebop, are shows I always make a point to recommend watching dub. The sub is still good though but I think the dubs are far superior for these two & from what I can tell, most people do (not surprising, considering how western Baccano! & Bebop both are).

Oh & I agree, I liked Brotherhood a lot more than the original, though I did love the first half of the original.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure if you ever picked back up on Hunter x Hunter 2011 but I'll throw it out there. At least for the Yorknew & Chimera Ant arcs, it's probably my favorite (though overall, it's only about fourth). Haven't seen much of Kill La Kill but yeah, it definitely is (I also don't think it's really god from what I saw). Space Dandy much less so but it depends on the episode.

I'll suggest Baccano! It's only about 13 episodes (16 counting the three specials which aren't as good but worth watching) & it's just an absolute blast. The first episode doesn't make a whole lot of sense until you finish the series but it was enough to intrigue me. I'm just going to copy & paste the synopsis out of laziness . . .

"During the early 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Based on the award winning light novels of the same name, this anime adaptation follows several events that initially seem unrelated, both in time and place, but are part of a much bigger story—one of alchemy, survival and immortality. Merging these events together are the kindhearted would-be thieves, Isaac and Miria, connecting various people, all of them with their own hidden ambitions and agendas, and creating lifelong bonds and consequences for everyone involved."

If that sounds appealing, give it a shot. Also, both this & Bebop, are shows I always make a point to recommend watching dub. The sub is still good though but I think the dubs are far superior for these two & from what I can tell, most people do (not surprising, considering how western Baccano! & Bebop both are).

Oh & I agree, I liked Brotherhood a lot more than the original, though I did love the first half of the original.
Yeah, I forgot about Hunter X Hunter 2011. [One of the rare instances where the anime is superior to the manga.]
I'll probably catch that right after Baccano!

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot about Hunter X Hunter 2011. [One of the rare instances where the anime is superior to the manga.]
I'll probably catch that right after Baccano!

Oh, definitely. The artwork in the manga is enough justification. for me to prefer 2011 (Note: I haven't read all of the manga but everything I've read has typically been done SO much better in the adaptation). & Sweet, let me know what you think about it when you finish that. That goes for all the shows you mentioned too (well, I'm still working my way through Code Geass, it's okay [season two hasn't really been that good so far though]).

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh, definitely. The artwork in the manga is enough justification. for me to prefer 2011 (Note: I haven't read all of the manga but everything I've read has typically been done SO much better in the adaptation). & Sweet, let me know what you think about it when you finish that. That goes for all the shows you mentioned too (well, I'm still working my way through Code Geass, it's okay [season two hasn't really been that good so far though]).
Really? From what I've heard (Still on season one) Code Geass Season 2 is just cliffhanger endings in a good way.
And if I have time, I'll probably be done watching Baccano! by Monday.

Unrelated, but I've been lurking around and apparently most people enjoy the Yu Yu Hakoshu manga ending rather than the anime. (Which I personally don't get.) I thought the ending in the anime was probably one of the best endings ever in any TV show. Probably the only anime to day that made me clap at the end.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Really? From what I've heard (Still on season one) Code Geass Season 2 is just cliffhanger endings in a good way.
And if I have time, I'll probably be done watching Baccano! by Monday.

Unrelated, but I've been lurking around and apparently most people enjoy the Yu Yu Hakoshu manga ending rather than the anime. (Which I personally don't get.) I thought the ending in the anime was probably one of the best endings ever in any TV show. Probably the only anime to day that made me clap at the end.

Oh, it has some really good ones. One in particular really stands out as one of the best I've seen. But in general, the season just kinda feels redundant to me, at least where I'm at (I've only seen the first seven, so it has time). It might get better.

I think it's because the anime skipped some small stories that happened prior to the finale (they were fun but nothing of substance was lost). At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. I absolutely adored the finale to Yu Yu Hakusho, one of my favorites. It also has probably my favorite pilot in television too.

Also, what's your favorite arc in YYH? Personally, Chapter Black was my favorite but the fanbase seems pretty evenly split between Chapter Black or the Dark Tournament.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh, it has some really good ones. One in particular really stands out as one of the best I've seen. But in general, the season just kinda feels redundant to me, at least where I'm at (I've only seen the first seven, so it has time). It might get better.

I think it's because the anime skipped some small stories that happened prior to the finale (they were fun but nothing of substance was lost). At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. I absolutely adored the finale to Yu Yu Hakusho, one of my favorites. It also has probably my favorite pilot in television too.

Also, what's your favorite arc in YYH? Personally, Chapter Black was my favorite but the fanbase seems pretty evenly split between Chapter Black or the Dark Tournament.
Chapter Black definitely. I was wondering how they could top Toguro as a villain and Sensui did just that. I didn't like a couple of things in the Dark Tournament which is more of the beginning of it. [Felt a bit slow paced] Plus, I think it was the first long arc within YYH and it just felt weird as it was transitioning into it. I really enjoyed the backstory of Toguro and Genkai. [Not really their backstory, but their history playing out in the tournament.]

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Chapter Black definitely. I was wondering how they could top Toguro as a villain and Sensui did just that. I didn't like a couple of things in the Dark Tournament which is more of the beginning of it. [Felt a bit slow paced] Plus, I think it was the first long arc within YYH and it just felt weird as it was transitioning into it. I really enjoyed the backstory of Toguro and Genkai. [Not really their backstory, but their history playing out in the tournament.]

Oh yeah, Toguro was awesome but Sensui's just on a whole other level. If there's one thing Togashi excels out, it's creating compelling & unique villains. I personally feel he outdoes Sensui in Hunter x Hunter with Meruem from the Chimera Ant arc. My only problem with Chapter Black is . . .

The double deus ex machina it took for Yusuke to beat Sensui. The ending speech of Sensui was excellent but I'd rather he wasn't defeated by Yusuke coming back to life & then his demon ancestor taking over his body & finishing the job.

You ever check out Rurouni Kenshin? It has a ton of fillers that you'd have to skip over & the beginning of the series is weak in general but the Kyoto arc is pretty awesome. Was my personal favorite arc in anime prior to watching Hunter x Hunter.