Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
What are you watching that isn't currently airing because I don't really like watching stuff that currently airs? I mean, I am keeping up with Space Dandy (the Zombie episode was great [particularly the genius second half], didn't really like the first three episodes though) & I'm watching Kill la Kill but I'm only five episodes in. I just hate having to wait weekly (currently doing that with Hunter x Hunter, it's torture), I much prefer marathoning shows. Haven't seen the first season of any of those yet either. Not sure I'm going too. I like Hiromu Arakawa (FMA is awesome) but Silver Spoon just doesn't seem like my type of show.

*Edit*

Oh and welcome to the site! Also, what's the total amount of anime you're watching (I know it's at least 23 but your post implied more). I myself am currently [poorly] managing twenty-seven different anime at the moment.

*End Edit*

Unfortunately, I've yet to see either though I'm planning on watching both at some point. Outlaw Star seems like a fun ride though. Let me know how it is if/when you check it out.

Thank you for the welcome, altogether I'm watching 27 different anime, but only Samurai Champloo, Rainbow and Mysterious Girlfriend X are not airing. When i first went into Silver Spoon I thought I would hate it, but turns out it was one of enjoyable shows of its season. I comedy was great, I would even say that it might be better then FMA and the Characters and writing was also very good. You also learn quite a few things while watching the show, overall I really enjoyed it.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
What are you watching that isn't currently airing because I don't really like watching stuff that currently airs? I mean, I am keeping up with Space Dandy (the Zombie episode was great [particularly the genius second half], didn't really like the first three episodes though) & I'm watching Kill la Kill but I'm only five episodes in. I just hate having to wait weekly (currently doing that with Hunter x Hunter, it's torture), I much prefer marathoning shows. Haven't seen the first season of any of those yet either. Not sure I'm going too. I like Hiromu Arakawa (FMA is awesome) but Silver Spoon just doesn't seem like my type of show.

*Edit*

Oh and welcome to the site! Also, what's the total amount of anime you're watching (I know it's at least 23 but your post implied more). I myself am currently [poorly] managing twenty-seven different anime at the moment.

*End Edit*

Unfortunately, I've yet to see either though I'm planning on watching both at some point. Outlaw Star seems like a fun ride though. Let me know how it is if/when you check it out.
Watch Firefly its just fantastic and I cant believe it only got one series as its up there with Whedons best work.

As for Outlaw Star will let you know, wont be purchasing until my next payday but will keep you informed.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
My name is Jwab and I like Yu Yu Hakusho & everything Dragon Ball & DBZ related. Fuck off GT.

Reactions: CM Punk

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
My name is Jwab and I like Yu Yu Hakusho & everything Dragon Ball & DBZ related. Fuck off GT.
Have you seen the latest DBZ film (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods)? What were your thoughts on it?

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome, altogether I'm watching 27 different anime, but only Samurai Champloo, Rainbow and Mysterious Girlfriend X are not airing. When i first went into Silver Spoon I thought I would hate it, but turns out it was one of enjoyable shows of its season. I comedy was great, I would even say that it might be better then FMA and the Characters and writing was also very good. You also learn quite a few things while watching the show, overall I really enjoyed it.

Samurai Champloo is really great. Probably in my top twenty favorite anime. And I suppose I'll add Silver Spoon to my plan to watch list, which is quite hefty so I have no clue when I'll get around to it. I'm currently watching 30 different anime, though I prioritize horribly but I'm currently checking out Bamboo Blade, Beck, Code Geass, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Case Closed, Elemental Gelade, Fate/Zero, Galilei Donna, Ghost in the Shell, Kaiji: The Ultimate Survivor, both Hunter x Hunters, Kill la Kill (not caught up if it matters), Madlax, Magi (also not caught up), Medaka Box, Naruto: Shippuden (only saw the first two episodes), Pumpkin Scissors, RideBack, Kids on the Slope, Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, Attack on Titan, Slayers, Space Dandy, Special A, Steins;Gate, Desert Punk, The Big O & X-Men.

Ew mainstream anime.

Then bring up some alternative anime to discuss. We don't all just watch mainstream anime. Though, I think I recall reading sometime on here long ago that you live/lived in Japan. That could've been complete bull on some members part or my memory's just recalling instances that never happened but if that was indeed the case, your perception of mainstream anime is naturally going to differ a bit from mine. Regardless, I'd still like to hear what some of your favorites are. Even if I didn't see or hear about them, I'm always willing to try new anime (& I have a horrible tendency to complete them even if I hate/dislike the show itself [Rosario + Vampire, Venus Versus Virus, Elfen Lied, etc.]). Not that I'll be trying them instantly or anything obviously, 30 anime at a time is excessive enough.

DBZ's the show of my childhood so I can't hate it (but I don't really rank it that high). YYH's great though & I don't put that on nostalgia blinders, though it has a lot of faults. Togashi didn't really perfect his craft until Hunter x Hunter but Chapter Black (minus the bad resolution) is still one of my favorite story arcs in all long-running battle shonen's (probably fourth).

& yeah, GT was awful.

Have you seen the latest DBZ film (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods)? What were your thoughts on it?

Not my question but I'll provide an answer anyway. I saw it and I really loved it. Not that it doesn't have it's faults but the movies purpose clearly didn't extend far past providing a chance to see all our favorite DB characters interact again (plus some more fights). Not too thrilled with Super Saiyan God or anything but I think it worked as best as it was going to. It was a simple, fun film to relieve my childhood in much better animation. So, I loved it. Can't wait for the dub.

Goku loses the fight. Had to throw that out there.

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
Samurai Champloo is really great. Probably in my top twenty favorite anime. And I suppose I'll add Silver Spoon to my plan to watch list, which is quite hefty so I have no clue when I'll get around to it. I'm currently watching 30 different anime, though I prioritize horribly but I'm currently checking out Bamboo Blade, Beck, Code Geass, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Case Closed, Elemental Gelade, Fate/Zero, Galilei Donna, Ghost in the Shell, Kaiji: The Ultimate Survivor, both Hunter x Hunters, Kill la Kill (not caught up if it matters), Madlax, Magi (also not caught up), Medaka Box, Naruto: Shippuden (only saw the first two episodes), Pumpkin Scissors, RideBack, Kids on the Slope, Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, Attack on Titan, Slayers, Space Dandy, Special A, Steins;Gate, Desert Punk, The Big O & X-Men.

Not my question but I'll provide an answer anyway. I saw it and I really loved it. Not that it doesn't have it's faults but the movies purpose clearly didn't extend far past providing a chance to see all our favorite DB characters interact again (plus some more fights). Not too thrilled with Super Saiyan God or anything but I think it worked as best as it was going to. It was a simple, fun film to relieve my childhood in much better animation. So, I loved it. Can't wait for the dub.

Goku loses the fight. Had to throw that out there.

I might be watching 30 or more soon, there are some more anime I want to pick up from the Winter season I just cant resist them >.< Seems like your watching some really good shows Steins Gate,Hunter X Hunter,Attack On titan, Code Geass and some others, are some of my favorites. Hopefully you enjoy Silver Spoon.

Hope there is a sequel to Battle of the gods, also have you heard the new of Gokus Mother being Revealed?

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Are any of you guys on this site? http://myanimelist.net/animelist/CaptainDiddy

I just recently finished Higurashi: When They Cry and I thought it was pretty cool! I think they struggled with changing certain characters personalities when they went to a new chapter, others were flawlessly changed (Ōishi Kuraudo especially). The show overall was tough to follow, for anyone planning on watching it, I'd suggest just watching the entire thing without trying too hard to decipher it. Once you've finished, then go search any and all questions you need answered.
Other than that, the score was great, animation was good enough, english voice actors weren't too bad, the twists were fun and interesting, loved the transitions between moods and overall, not a bad anime.

Now on to the next part! Hopefully it's satisfying lol

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I might be watching 30 or more soon, there are some more anime I want to pick up from the Winter season I just cant resist them >.< Seems like your watching some really good shows Steins Gate,Hunter X Hunter,Attack On titan, Code Geass and some others, are some of my favorites. Hopefully you enjoy Silver Spoon.

Hope there is a sequel to Battle of the gods, also have you heard the new of Gokus Mother being Revealed?

I've been watching a ton of Hunter x Hunter. Easily one of my all-time favorites.

And yeah. I never honestly was that interested in finding out but I'll definitely check it out once the content is published (which I think is in April).

Are any of you guys on this site? http://myanimelist.net/animelist/CaptainDiddy

I just recently finished Higurashi: When They Cry and I thought it was pretty cool! I think they struggled with changing certain characters personalities when they went to a new chapter, others were flawlessly changed (Ōishi Kuraudo especially). The show overall was tough to follow, for anyone planning on watching it, I'd suggest just watching the entire thing without trying too hard to decipher it. Once you've finished, then go search any and all questions you need answered.
Other than that, the score was great, animation was good enough, english voice actors weren't too bad, the twists were fun and interesting, loved the transitions between moods and overall, not a bad anime.

Now on to the next part! Hopefully it's satisfying lol

Haven't watch Higurashi but I plan on doing so. And yeah, I'm on MAL. You can view my list here.

Reactions: Kooldip

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
You pee don't watch any good animes Jesus. I've watched somewhere around a thousand, and dead lord you people list nothing good.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
:goatface: So much anime... I don't think I'll reach the number of completed show you have in my lifetime lol

Haha, its not that much. A good chunk of those were real quick watches (Miss Monochrome [especially], Eve no Jikan, all the movies) and MAL's database has about 6,800 anime last I checked. One day it'll be a lot, though I doubt I'm going to reach the number presented in the next quote . . .

You pee don't watch any good animes Jesus. I've watched somewhere around a thousand, and dead lord you people list nothing good.

I'll ask again, what are some of your favorite anime?

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Haha, its not that much. A good chunk of those were real quick watches (Miss Monochrome [especially], Eve no Jikan, all the movies) and MAL's database has about 6,800 anime last I checked. One day it'll be a lot, though I doubt I'm going to reach the number presented in the next quote . . .

I'll ask again, what are some of your favorite anime?
A very long list that varies strangely.