Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Anyone ever watch Magi? Just watched the first episode.

Saw the first episode a few days ago (along with the first episodes of Galilei Donna, Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Kill la Kill, Medaka Box, Kids on the Slope & Watamote), it was okay I guess. Some parts were really good but most of it wasn't. Showed enough promise though, so I'll gladly keep watching it. Instead of begrudgingly continue like I will be for say, Kill la Kill.

Here's my top 10, if you're interested. If you'd like an explaination on any, I will provide one for you!

10. Sword Art Online

9. Cowboy Bebop

8. Bleach

7. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

6. Monster

5. Samurai Champloo

4. Elfen Lied

3. Death Note

2. Code Geass

1. One Piece

Hm, let's see. Never watched Sword Art Online. Heard conflicting things about it but most seem to agree it starts off good (I've heard it goes downhill halfway through and that turns me off from jumping into at that moment when I have plenty of other to still check out). Cowboy Bebop is my personal favorite anime (quite the shocker, I know). Hate Bleach. Gurren Lagann was really good for like the first three-fourths of the series. I always divided the series into fourths since it seems the easiest way to do it. I love aspects of all quarters of the series though. Monster's my third favorite anime and my favorite manga (haven't read many though). Samurai Champloo is up there for my favorites but not sure where it'd fall. The series started off pretty slow but by the end it was churning out some really amazing stuff. The three part finale, Evanescent Encounter, is easily one of the best finales I've ever seen in any medium. Hate Elfen Lied. Death was great for the first two-thirds of it and the finale. Everything in-between that was ungodly boring. Only seen the first two episodes of Code Geass, it was okay from what I've seen. I'll reserve judgement until I get around to picking it back up. Love One Piece but I have no idea where it'd fall. Somewhere in the top ten probably but the series padding kills a lot of my love for it. It's why I'm currently sticking to just the manga, though I am glad I saw the anime first (the Water 7 & Post-War arc are so much better in the anime).

I haven't read that theory in a while, so I forgot if they had this theory. Apparently Dragon is one of the ancient weapons as we saw from his DF ability which is weather I believe.

Could explain why he's the most dangerous criminal. I'd personally like One Piece to focus more on the history of the void century. Just so intriguing. By the way, there's another theory I'll post here when you're caught up to the manga.

Nah, it wasn't in that one. I'm not too keen on that idea. Mainly because strong enough Haki should be able to defuse it (though I imagine Dragon's Haki is godly) but partially because Shirahoshi's ability is innate. Not that the latter is a good argument, no reason to believe Uranus will fall in line with what Poseidon is, especially when Pluton is a warship but still. His DF ability is definitely weather though, wonder how long until Oda finally outright says it. Much like Doflamingo's power, I knew what it was upon introduction, do we really have to wait a decade for him to name it? Eh, not a big deal.

Cool, I have about twenty chapters before I catch up so I should be next time I decide to read some One Piece. Loving the wrestling inspired tournament so far, by the way. Left off on Bartolomeo's Block B's victory but that entire battle was a blast. Sanji's plot seems to have promise too. Only thing I didn't enjoy about the last few chapters I read was the reveal of CP0.

Reactions: Kooldip

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Just watched Full Metal Alchemist was pretty cool very random but good fun.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Hey Mustafar, the current arc in the manga is shaping up to potentially be better than Marineford. You should catch up.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Hey Mustafar, the current arc in the manga is shaping up to potentially be better than Marineford. You should catch up.

Got nothing going on tomorrow, so I suppose catching up on One Piece will be a fun way to kill an hour or so.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Who has read this chapter?! I am marking out at the moment! Although we saw it coming, this is seriously amazing! :'D
This easily deserves it's own thread, easily the biggest revelation of the year in One Piece. Dressrosa is going to top Marineford. No fucking doubts about it.

Link to Manga Chapter: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/731

In the spoiler tags is my full thoughts.
SABO MOTHERFUCKERS! SABO! I saw it coming he would be alive in the New World after they showed Dragon picking someone up from the Terminal. Basically I saw this coming, Sabo being involved in the revolutionary army was no big reveal but what I thought was the biggest reveal was that Sabo somewhat resents Luffy for Ace's death. Really fucking pumped for next weeks chapter! This is going to be amazing!

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dude, we have an anime thread. lmao.
But yeah dude, fucking beast chapter. The last 3 have been really dope. This can potentially be better than Marineford. I don't think Sabo is happy with Luffy though.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Dude, we have an anime thread. lmao.
But yeah dude, fucking beast chapter. The last 3 have been really dope. This can potentially be better than Marineford. I don't think Sabo is happy with Luffy though.
He clearly resents him. Luffy was crying and all happy whilst Sabo was just there being negative.

As for this, I made a thread because of the pure awesomeness of this chapter and that it would get more attention which means better discussions.

This arc is going to be crazy when it reaches it's peak though. 1 Yonkou already there, 2 Shicibukai, The Strawhats, an Admiral, the Revolutionary Army is slowly showing up, it won't surprise me if Kaidou turns up and then there's all these other badass mother fuckers in the tournament!

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Ohh and you can't forget that Smoker and G5 will most likely show up and there's also CP-0!

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
He clearly resents him. Luffy was crying and all happy whilst Sabo was just there being negative.

As for this, I made a thread because of the pure awesomeness of this chapter and that it would get more attention which means better discussions.

This arc is going to be crazy when it reaches it's peak though. 1 Yonkou already there, 2 Shicibukai, The Strawhats, an Admiral, the Revolutionary Army is slowly showing up, it won't surprise me if Kaidou turns up and then there's all these other badass mother fuckers in the tournament!
One member of the Blackbeard pirates is there as well. I really hope Sabo is OP. Fuck, I don't know how Oda does it, but holy fuck I'm going insane.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
One member of the Blackbeard pirates is there as well. I really hope Sabo is OP. Fuck, I don't know how Oda does it, but holy fuck I'm going insane.
I could see the Blackbeard Pirates possibly showing up with the revolutionary army, Bartolomeo and Luffy all after the Mera Mera fruit. Burgess is going to struggle defeating everyone and then he'll have to deal with an Admiral when he gets out because the World Government hates the Blackbeard pirates for what Teach did at Marineford. So Blackbeard and such could also be showing up. This arc is just insane.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I could see the Blackbeard Pirates possibly showing up with the revolutionary army, Bartolomeo and Luffy all after the Mera Mera fruit. Burgess is going to struggle defeating everyone and then he'll have to deal with an Admiral when he gets out because the World Government hates the Blackbeard pirates for what Teach did at Marineford. So Blackbeard and such could also be showing up. This arc is just insane.
Is it me that only thinks Zoro is admiral level? I have the strongest feeling he is.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
But then there is that stuff where he will never lose again. I have faith in Zoro as I am a Zoro fanboy. He's definitely stronger than Sanji.
That's a no brainer, Zoro will kill anyone, Sanji won't even hit a girl...