Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Here's the final product for the MEP I've been doing with a few guys :) Check it out and give it a like guys? :woo:

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
^Would watch but I'm averse to spoilers and I haven't seen/caught up with most of those animes that seem to be in there.

Since I've caught up on Breaking Bad, I can finally resume watching anime and I decided to watch a bunch but before I get to that I started reading One Piece. I'm still watching the anime but I don't honestly imagine I'd ever get into the mood of marathoning that again. I'm started from the beginning of the manga, just so I can catch any changes made during the anime but it shouldn't take me too long to catch up with you guys in the current arc.

As for anime, I've been watching Berserk, Case Closed, Desert Punk, Ghost In The Shell, Madlax, Rosario to Vampire Capu2, School Rumble 2nd Term, Special A, Steins;Gate, Gurren Lagann & X-Men. Not really far into any of them and I don't like all of them (hate several of them) but the ones I do like are pretty great. Of the new stuff I've been watching Steins;Gate's been pretty great so far and Gurren Lagann is a lot of fun. Not much to talk about here since I'm not far into them like I said but I liking those two the most so far. Also finished Madoka Magica, it was really great. Personally I'd give it an 8/10 but with my reviewing system it gets a nine (basically, it has great visuals and a fantastic score, which gets nearly equal stock to story and characters in my system so my personal score isn't always my final score [though it's never more than a difference of one]).

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Give Shingeki No Kyojin a watch bro! You won't regret it!

I've been watching Black Lagoon and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood over the last few days, love them both!

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Anyone see the latest Naruto episode from this week?

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Give Shingeki No Kyojin a watch bro! You won't regret it!

I've been watching Black Lagoon and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood over the last few days, love them both!

I plan on watching that once it finishes airing so I can just marathon it and not be forced to wait (really hate that).

Black Lagoon's been on my plan to watch list forever, I should really get around to giving that a go. FMA: Brotherhood is like my fourth/fifth favorite anime of all-time. The only real problem I have with it are the early episodes dealing with the same material as the first series, as they're terrible (particularly if you've seen the first series). Otherwise it's just fantastic and the finale is one of the greatest I've ever seen period. Plus, Roy Mustang is my favorite character in all of anime. How far into it are you?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I watched Battle of the Gods yesterday and thought it was meh. Wasn't a huge fan of the battle, although the interactions kept me entertained and also the appearance from Lord Pilaf.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I watched Battle of the Gods yesterday and thought it was meh. Wasn't a huge fan of the battle, although the interactions kept me entertained and also the appearance from Lord Pilaf.

Well, I clearly have a different opinion than you, I loved it. My only real problem with the fighting was that weird bit with CGI, otherwise I thought it was great but honestly I can see why someone wouldn't get it. It's kind of derivative of the standard DBZ battles, mainly benefiting from the budget and advancements in animation but I thought it was gorgeous and I did like the fight choreography (and the song that played too).

I also loved the result and that Goku was undeniably the loser of that bout. It's a big reason why I enjoyed the movie as much as I did. Also, Bills is probably my favorite DBZ villain/antagonist now, I just really loved him during this film (Buu was such an insufferable ass) and him bitch-slapping Bulma was probably the highlight for me. Pilaf, Mai & Shu were great too, most of the comedy was. The characters were a lot of fun here, from drunk Gohan to unintentional dick Goku & everything Vegeta did.

Super Saiyan God is probably my biggest problem with the film, it worked within the context of the story I guess and served it's purpose fine but still they're really driving this Saiyan power stuff even further into the ground. Oh, and was a little disappointed that as per use, Gohan was useless in the big fight. Whatever happened to him being the strongest non-fused character in the series? But I'll ignore that as I did enjoy the movie.

By the way, how's Claymore going? Figured you'd probably finished it a while ago but you haven't really brought it up so I figured I'd ask.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Well, I clearly have a different opinion than you, I loved it. My only real problem with the fighting was that weird bit with CGI, otherwise I thought it was great but honestly I can see why someone wouldn't get it. It's kind of derivative of the standard DBZ battles, mainly benefiting from the budget and advancements in animation but I thought it was gorgeous and I did like the fight choreography (and the song that played too).

I also loved the result and that Goku was undeniably the loser of that bout. It's a big reason why I enjoyed the movie as much as I did. Also, Bills is probably my favorite DBZ villain/antagonist now, I just really loved him during this film (Buu was such an insufferable ass) and him bitch-slapping Bulma was probably the highlight for me. Pilaf, Mai & Shu were great too, most of the comedy was. The characters were a lot of fun here, from drunk Gohan to unintentional dick Goku & everything Vegeta did.

Super Saiyan God is probably my biggest problem with the film, it worked within the context of the story I guess and served it's purpose fine but still they're really driving this Saiyan power stuff even further into the ground. Oh, and was a little disappointed that as per use, Gohan was useless in the big fight. Whatever happened to him being the strongest non-fused character in the series? But I'll ignore that as I did enjoy the movie.

I think meh wasn't what I meant. The last fight and Super Sayian God were my only problems which is why I said it.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I have only ever watched Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sailor Moon (LOL), Big O, and a few others I can't think of atm.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I think meh wasn't what I meant. The last fight and Super Sayian God were my only problems which is why I said it.

Ah, gotcha. Guessing you haven't seen anymore Claymore then?

I have only ever watched Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sailor Moon (LOL), Big O, and a few others I can't think of atm.
I've expressed my thoughts on DBZ countless time and excruciatingly long detail before and my thoughts on Bebop are pretty clear (favorite anime). Fullmetal Alchemist is good, assuming you mean the original. Brotherhood is even better, the episodes covering the same material from the first series are crap but afterwards it just keeps getting exponentially better making it probably my fourth/fifth favorite anime. If you enjoyed the first I'd definitely recommend it. Sailor Moon . . . I remember liking it as a kid. No doubt I'd absolutely hate it today though. I need to get around to watching the Big O (and at least one hundred other anime titles).

Reactions: catlady

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score

I've expressed my thoughts on DBZ countless time and excruciatingly long detail before and my thoughts on Bebop are pretty clear (favorite anime). Fullmetal Alchemist is good, assuming you mean the original. Brotherhood is even better, the episodes covering the same material from the first series are crap but afterwards it just keeps getting exponentially better making it probably my fourth/fifth favorite anime. If you enjoyed the first I'd definitely recommend it. Sailor Moon . . . I remember liking it as a kid. No doubt I'd absolutely hate it today though. I need to get around to watching the Big O (and at least one hundred other anime titles).

I enjoyed Big O. It was like Batman meets Tranformers... Though I'd imagine that is a piss poor example of what it is... haha I haven't watched it in years. I want to see if it is on Netflix. Cowboy Bebop is my second favorite Anime, DBZ being my first.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I enjoyed Big O. It was like Batman meets Tranformers... Though I'd imagine that is a piss poor example of what it is... haha I haven't watched it in years. I want to see if it is on Netflix. Cowboy Bebop is my second favorite Anime, DBZ being my first.

I'm sold. Will probably get around to watching it once I finish Berserk (which I've been finally getting around to doing).

Dragon Ball Z probably wouldn't even make my top ten, it'll always hold a place in my heart for being the show of my childhood but the Androids/Cell stuff was really the only consistently great stuff. I have a lot of other problems with the other saga's, as I've expressed in the past. Plus, I also really love Baccano!, Trigun, FMA, Monster, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Haibane Renmei, etc.

Reactions: catlady

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm sold. Will probably get around to watching it once I finish Berserk (which I've been finally getting around to doing).

Dragon Ball Z probably wouldn't even make my top ten, it'll allows hold a place in my heart for being the show of my childhood but the Androids/Cell stuff was really the only consistently great stuff. I have a lot of other problems with the other saga's, as I've expressed in the past. Plus, I also really love Baccano!, Trigun, FMA, Monster, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Haibane Renmei, etc.

I understand. There was a lot of unnecessary filler in DBZ. The movies tended to be better stories than the actual story the sagas told.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

No, I haven't. Didn't have the time or will to watch it.
I understand. There was a lot of unnecessary filler in DBZ. The movies tended to be better stories than the actual story the sagas told.

The only reason DBZ is/was good is because it was a part of everyone's childhood. The story had no plot as well as many plot holes.
When you expand and watch other anime's you realize that Dragonball Z wasn't that good.