Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Has anyone here watched Shingeki No Kyojin?

Me and my friends are doing an Abridged series of it :)
I have heard of it, but i will check it out, its something that my friend watches but i havent got around to yet.
I used to watch a lot of anime, but not as much now. I only watch if there is nothing interesting to watch on Youtube( e.g my subscriptions or any playthroughs im watching)

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I have heard of it, but i will check it out, its something that my friend watches but i havent got around to yet.
I used to watch a lot of anime, but not as much now. I only watch if there is nothing interesting to watch on Youtube( e.g my subscriptions or any playthroughs im watching)
There's only 4 episodes at the moment but it is great. The animation and look of the anime is just amazing. Easily the best there is at the moment and the story has been really good so far, looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
There's only 4 episodes at the moment but it is great. The animation and look of the anime is just amazing. Easily the best there is at the moment and the story has been really good so far, looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.
Will check it out later on, thanks for the tip :)

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Ah, that's a shame about Fairy Tail, but I suppose that's the case with most long running series. One Piece has so far averted that, though I've read a few people hating on the show post-timeskip. One Piece has forced me to change my tune on subs, which were never negative but I never gave them a chance before due to some bad past instances.

Yeah, I had to switch over two episodes ago. Luckily I'm already familiar with the voice cast since I've watched a two of the movies. I think Eric Vale & Luci Christian do a better job as Sanji & Nami respectively, but I think the Seiyuu of Luffy is better than Colleen Clinkenbeard. Everyone else in the crew (though I haven't heard the shipwright yet [not spoiling who it is even though it's hard not to know if you're slightly familiar with the series]) are pretty equal in both languages. I will say that John Swasey was terrible as Crocodile in the dub, but his Seiyuu was phenomenal.

I've heard very little about Claymore, so that's nice. I have two hundred animes on my planned to watch list, so I doubt I'll be getting to it anytime soon.

So I'm caught up on Fairy Tail, both Manga and Anime. (Actually my first time reading manga, pretty good experience.)

d246a00ae9bf1388a15ddad0f9446d74.jpg

Thoughts: After being somewhat critical throughout the show, I could say that this show proved me somewhat wrong. I've come to the conclusion that the plot revolves around their Nakama. (If you read Manga or watch Anime, you should know what it means.) There has been around 3-4 good stories in this anime, nothing that really blew me away, maybe once or twice. But that can be because my friend spoiled most of it to me. I'd give this show a 8/10, also the first 49 episodes are on YouTube if anyone wants to bother watching it. Also they stopped the Anime because it was catching up to the Manga. They were literally like 5 episodes behind.
- 175 Episodes (Stopped Production)
- 1 Movie

d40919188ddcbca9fb52361c01d723a9.jpg
Also, I watched one episode of Claymore and the dub was alright. Was a pretty enjoyable episode, but it's kind of a different type of anime I usually watch. I'm probably going to finish watching it this week if I have time.
- 26 Episodes

9c02331fceef74d907fcfe813abf645b.jpg
I also caught an episode of Hunter X Hunter 2011, because my friend suggested it. I think it's alright. But I heard it gets better throughout the show, so I'll give my thoughts on that.

case-closed--small--11.jpg
Before I forget, Mustafar, I noticed you were going to watch Case Closed also known as Detective Conan. It's a pretty enjoyable show, if you're a fan of mystery. It's probably 18% Storytelling and 82% Filler, but the filler is enjoyable most of the time.
- 130 Episodes dubbed
- 6 Movies

2e6d5105fb6b4d5707da4327dffcf545.png
As for One Piece being bad post-time skip, it's alright. Not the best stories, but the current episode which I'm at, which is 593 kinda made me pumped for the next episodes. It's supposedly supposed to get really good. How far you in Water 7 now?

William if you're interested.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So I'm caught up on Fairy Tail, both Manga and Anime. (Actually my first time reading manga, pretty good experience.)

d246a00ae9bf1388a15ddad0f9446d74.jpg

Thoughts: After being somewhat critical throughout the show, I could say that this show proved me somewhat wrong. I've come to the conclusion that the plot revolves around their Nakama. (If you read Manga or watch Anime, you should know what it means.) There has been around 3-4 good stories in this anime, nothing that really blew me away, maybe once or twice. But that can be because my friend spoiled most of it to me. I'd give this show a 8/10, also the first 49 episodes are on YouTube if anyone wants to bother watching it. Also they stopped the Anime because it was catching up to the Manga. They were literally like 5 episodes behind.
- 175 Episodes (Stopped Production)
- 1 Movie

d40919188ddcbca9fb52361c01d723a9.jpg
Also, I watched one episode of Claymore and the dub was alright. Was a pretty enjoyable episode, but it's kind of a different type of anime I usually watch. I'm probably going to finish watching it this week if I have time.
- 26 Episodes

9c02331fceef74d907fcfe813abf645b.jpg
I also caught an episode of Hunter X Hunter 2011, because my friend suggested it. I think it's alright. But I heard it gets better throughout the show, so I'll give my thoughts on that.

case-closed--small--11.jpg
Before I forget, Mustafar, I noticed you were going to watch Case Closed also known as Detective Conan. It's a pretty enjoyable show, if you're a fan of mystery. It's probably 18% Storytelling and 82% Filler, but the filler is enjoyable most of the time.
- 130 Episodes dubbed
- 6 Movies

2e6d5105fb6b4d5707da4327dffcf545.png
As for One Piece being bad post-time skip, it's alright. Not the best stories, but the current episode which I'm at, which is 593 kinda made me pumped for the next episodes. It's supposedly supposed to get really good. How far you in Water 7 now?

William if you're interested.
I finished Water 7, months ago :p I've just finished Fishman Island and I'm starting on Punk Hazard once these fillers are finished.

Also I've heard a lot about most of the animes you mentioned. Fairy Tail I plan to watch soon as I've heard great things about it, Case Closed I am interest in watching as it could be sort of like a Death Note Investigation sort of show and I've heard great things about HunterXHunter even though I watched the first episode and didn't like it much I am still gonna wait till episode 10 - 15 before I say no to it.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Well you all need to give Hunter X Hunter a chance, because having sat through every episode made, it is absolutely interesting. I'll admit it starts off abit slow, but it just keeps on getting better and better a must watch in my eyes.

The standard on here will be Dragon Ball Z, I'd also recommend the original Dragon Ball for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Avoid GT like the plague because it's terrible and probably could have been written from somebody on the internet.

One of my personal favourites is a series called Bobobo-bo bo-bobo, it's a comedy anime and doesn't take it self seriously at all, only 79 episodes and each of them was amazing.

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well you all need to give Hunter X Hunter a chance, because having sat through every episode made, it is absolutely interesting. I'll admit it starts off abit slow, but it just keeps on getting better and better a must watch in my eyes.

The standard on here will be Dragon Ball Z, I'd also recommend the original Dragon Ball for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Avoid GT like the plague because it's terrible and probably could have been written from somebody on the internet.

One of my personal favourites is a series called Bobobo-bo bo-bobo, it's a comedy anime and doesn't take it self seriously at all, only 79 episodes and each of them was amazing.
I remember watching DragonBall Z on Cartoon Network when i was about 7-8, i thought it was awesome, i didnt know until i was older that it was edited, really edited.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
If you want a comedy anime, my favourite is Excel Saga. It spoofs a ton of the most popular anime and has a sick sense of humour. Give it a try!

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I finished Water 7, months ago :p I've just finished Fishman Island and I'm starting on Punk Hazard once these fillers are finished.

Also I've heard a lot about most of the animes you mentioned. Fairy Tail I plan to watch soon as I've heard great things about it, Case Closed I am interest in watching as it could be sort of like a Death Note Investigation sort of show and I've heard great things about HunterXHunter even though I watched the first episode and didn't like it much I am still gonna wait till episode 10 - 15 before I say no to it.
It was meant for Mustafar Reginald ,lol.
I was just seeing if you're interested as well.

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
If you want a comedy anime, my favourite is Excel Saga. It spoofs a ton of the most popular anime and has a sick sense of humour. Give it a try!
I can recommend Ouran High School Host Club, its funny as hell if you get past all the weirdness/oddness of it

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I've definitely finished Death Note considering it's really not that long and have seen the Japanese live action films of it. Thank god the rumors of an English live action remake of it weren't true. They would just whitetify everything. :tough:

I've also finished Elfen Lied. Very sad anime, that.

I've watched every Naruto episode before Shippuuden. Have not watched Shippuuden at all, lmfao.

I've also watched some Inuyasha, Haruhi Suzumiya and Sekirei.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I've definitely finished Death Note considering it's really not that long and have seen the Japanese live action films of it. Thank god the rumors of an English live action remake of it weren't true. They would just whitetify everything. :tough:

Ummm.....I have some bad news for you. They're planning on making a live action one again in the US....and Zac Efron is in talks for Light Yagami.... :why:

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Ummm.....I have some bad news for you. They're planning on making a live action one again in the US....and Zac Efron is in talks for Light Yagami.... :why:
Oh, dude actually said yes? Last time I heard he was only thinking about it in an interview he was doing. Well, I love Zefron and him and Light sort of look alike, so I have hope. :smug-47:

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Oh, dude actually said yes? Last time I heard he was only thinking about it in an interview he was doing. Well, I love Zefron and him and Light sort of look alike, so I have hope. :smug-47:
I'm just not sure if Zack Efron could pull off the evil and sinister feel Light has to him. I'll applaud Efron is manages to pull this off though.

Also I'm pretty sure it was confirmed. Give me a few minutes and I'll try find a source.