Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Okay, I'm so far behind right now. Will try and get more reviews done ASAP.

Match: Swords of Essex ( c ) Vs The Inner City Machine Guns for British Tag Team Championship
Show: High Stakes
Promotion: Revolution Pro Wrestling
Rating: 4.75/5
Comment: The ICMG entrance alone was hilarious. The match itself was beyond entertaining, both teams were impressive. Each team worked hard and showed masses of skill.
Majour's Match Count: 11

Match:
Colt Cabana ( c ) Vs Marty Scurll – 30 min 'Iron Fist' match for Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship
Show: High Stakes
Promotion: Revolution Pro Wrestling
Rating: 4/5
Comment: Loved Marty's entrance with the Storm troopers, but overall wasn't the best match. Rather than the great technical ability I expected from both guys, we got around a billion chops and the pair throwing each other into the barriers for the most part. When the pair were tied at 3 falls, five minutes sudden death was added, allowing Marty to steal the title from Cabana.

Majour's Match Count:

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Kevin Steen & El Generico vs the Young Bucks
Show: Final Battle 2009
Promotion: ROH
Rating: 3/5
Comment:
I found it a little slow most of the way through, but the last few minutes really picked up the pace and made it more enjoyable.

Majour's Match Count: 13

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Gonna do a little project over the weekend with Akira Tozawa's PWG run in 2010-2011 (I have all the shows from that era, all of em). And I am also looking at a future project with the ROH vs CZW feud. Stay tuned

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
DDT4 had at least two DUDs. The 4-way semi-main event is one of the worst matches ever, and that’s not a hyperbole, it almost murdered a wrestling fan inside of me. How can anyone rate it more than DUD is beyond me...

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
DDT4 had at least two DUDs. The 4-way semi-main event is one of the worst matches ever, and that’s not a hyperbole, it almost murdered a wrestling fan inside of me. How can anyone rate it more than DUD is beyond me...
You must be an idiot if you think its anything lower than *** 1/2

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Maybe you are just blind?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Go Shiozaki vs Kai, 2013 Champion's Carnival
Rating: 3.4
Comment: Fun little All Japan jaunt. I really like Shiozaki and Kai is okay though I don't see that much in him with reservation for not having seen a lot of his work. Shiozaki hits hard since Kai started bleeding from the chest early. Hard hits mixed with nice heavyweight meets Jr heavyweight style wrestling. Liked it.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Jessica Havok Vs Allysin Kay
Show: Shine 15
Promotion: Shine
Rating: 2.5/5
Comment: Entertaining, but what started as a normal match descended into more of a hardcore match. The finishers were the used within the first two minutes and all technicality went out of the window.

Majour's Match Count: 14

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: TV Title-Dean Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero(c)
Promotion: ECW
Event: Hostile City Showdown
Rating: 4.5
Review: Just a real great technical match from two masters of it, some really good sequences,submissions and counters on display. Crowd was a bit shit at times in this but they did show their appreciation at some of the near falls towards the end.

Pop Tart Match Count: 27

Stopspot

Reaction score
Hayabusa vs Jushin Liger, New Japan Pro Wrestling super juniors cup 1994
Rating: 3.5
Comment: A good match between one of Japan's better juniors in the 90's in Hayabus and arguably the greatest junior of all time in Liger. These guys have good chemistry stemming from their time in Mexico together training and their friendship from before wrestling. Hayabusa works a more brutal style than Liger so Liger has to go more vicious himself to counter and meet the soul of FMW while still keeping it a high flying affair.

Stop's spot count: 53

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Blitzkrieg vs Rey Mysterio
Promotion: WCW
Date/Event: 02/08/99 Nitro
Rating: 3
Review: Impressive outing for Blitzkrieg in his debut match. Lots of fast paced action as you expect and some good exchanges in this competitive match.

Pop Tart Match Count: 28

conkers

Jobber
Reaction score
dude is it too late to join this? I could defo have a crack getting 100 in from now to the end of the year.