Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Downloaded a pack of 150 Daniel Bryan matches. Been watching for a while and writing stuff on Microsoft Word. The spoiler contains 22 matches (Bryan and ASWX)

Match: Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins

Promotion: WWE

Show: Smackdown 6/9/13

Rating: **1/2

Short match between two great wrestlers. Bryan had to “knock out” Ambrose and Reigns in order to finally pin Seth Rollins. The match had a great suplex. Loved how Seth sold the running knee

Match: Chris Jericho vs Daniel Bryan

Show: Raw 11/2/13

This match took place one week before EChamber. Jericho was searching a spot inside the chamber why Bryan already had one. The crowd was really into it as the people in the arena liked both men. The ending was cool. Great codebreaker by Y2J.

Match: Kane vs Daniel Bryan

Show: Raw 27/7/2013

Rating: **1/4

Average match. The former Tag Team champions would go one against one. Both men hit their signature moves. Bryan would try to go for the Yes Lock a few times but at the end would reverse a Chockeslam into a small package to steal the win. Mr Small Package strikes again.

Match: Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs Team Hell No - WWE Tag Team Championship - Extreme Rules 2013

Rating: ***

It was an okay match. Hell No really shined while the Shield had a great ending stretch. Liked the way Roman and Seth worked together to get the victory. That Flying knee-Spear sequence was cool and the tag move they pulled off to win the match wasn’t expected.

Match: Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan

Show: Raw 25.10.10

Both men were champs at the time. Some storylines were going on (Like Kaitlyn’s affair with Ziggler). Punk joined the commentary table, the guy did pretty well putting over Bryan as a great technical wrestler. The match itself was pretty cool. Wondering why Ziggler doesn’t use the Superkick as his alternative finisher.

Match: Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston Tag Team Championship Match

Show: WrestleMania 29

Good match at the biggest stage of them all. It was a fast match with a lot of spots. Every single guy got to hit their signature moves. Big E Langston debuted so he was obviously not going to eat the pin. Looked like the crowd cared about this “filler” match.

Match: Team Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars Tag Team Championship match

Show: Royal Rumble 2013

Rating: **3/4

Meh match. It’s funny to see how things have changed a lot in just one year. Sandow stills jobbing, Kane is part of the authority, bryan is two times WWE Champ and Rhodes is tag team champion. Anyways, the WWE was teasing a Hell No break up so there was some kind of “bad feeling” between both men (Bryan would eliminate Kane that night). Daniel was the one who really shined in this match.

Match: Chris Jericho vs Daniel Bryan

Show: NXT 23.2.10

Rating: **1/4

Bryan’s debut match. What an amazing (Botched (?)) suicide dive. Both men did their job. It was too short IMO.

Match: Kane vs Daniel Bryan

Show: SummerSlam 2013

Funny to think Daniel Bryan opened the show in 2012 and closed it in 2013. The crowd was already behind him even if he was a heel. Loud “Yes” chants. The match itself was okay and Bryan (Mr Small Package) got the win.

Match: The Shield vs Team Hell No & Randy Orton

Show: SmackDown 14.6.13

This was the first loss of the Shield as a trio and I remember reading so many posts from people bitching about why wasn’t this on RAW. Anyways, it was a nice match. The crowd was into it (Despite fake pops). Loved the RKO, Seth Rollins jumped just in time to get it and sold it very well. Solid match.

Match: Daniel Bryan vs Christian

Show: SmackDown 12.7.13

Rating: ***1/4

It was a great match for SmackDown. Both men have their time to shine and hit their signatures moves. Daniel sold the spear really well. The crowd was clearly behind Bryan. The last stretch was very well done with Bryan countering a crossbody into the Lebell Lock.

Match: Wade Barrett vs Daniel Bryan

Show: SmackDown 23.8.13

11 minutes steel cage match. It was an okay match, with some good spots like Bryan smashing Wade’s head into the cage or the variation of the sunset flip that allowed Bryan to hit the running knee.

Match: Daniel Bryan vs Ted Dibiase

Show: Survivor Series 2010

Match for the USA Championship. The Miz is a sob, Maryse looked hot as hell. Both men put on a good match. The first part of the match was dominated by Ted but then Bryan clearly got the control. The botched suplex to the ringside and the botched suicide dive looked really painful. Thought Bryan had hurt his arm for real.

ALL STAR WEEKEND X PWG

Night One

Anthony Nese vs Brian Cage

***1/2

Cage needs to drop the roids lol. I liked the match, specially the last stretch with the powerbombs and the sick clothesline. As Stopspot said Nese was the one who got to shine.. Btw, no Asian guy at ringside no party.

Rockness Monsters vs Joey and Candice

***1/2

Short but dynamic match that had a lot of ringside action. Still don’t understand why the WWE has Eva Marie hired and Candice is in the independent scene. Big fan of the girl. Crowd was into it.

Younger vs Ciampa

***1/2

Very dynamic match with a lot of spots. The crowd was behind Drake (cuz hes awesuuuuume). Reminds me of Generico, I mean, the way he acts when he gets the win or when the guy kicks out at 2.99999. Good match.

Gargano vs Richards.

***3/4

Gargano made Richards tapout to a series of submission holds, pulling out the STF to finish off a great match. I’m not a big fan of Richards but I can’t deny he’s good inside a ring. Gargano always put on great matches. Best match of the night this far.

DojoBros vs Strong & Edwards

***1/2

Very fun match focused on….chops. Had a lot of spots and some great tag team action. The last stretch was dope.

ACH vs Michael Elgin

*** ½

I’m not a big fan of Michael Elgin but the guy is a tremendous powerhouse. The first half of the match was okay but then the quality raised a lot. ACH sold those powerbombs like a bossssss. Crowd was split. Enjoyed it.

Steen and the Young Bucks vs AR Fox, Rich Swann and Ricochet

****1/2

What a freaking match. It was a spotfest, I know. But what a fucking match. You got some of the best high flyers in the world, you got the best tag team in the world and Mr Wrestling itself. Just amazing, I wouldn’t be able to choose a spot. All those dives, superkick (What a way to sell them), tag team moves, the fucking tombstone piledriver, the stunner…Just amazing. MOTYC IMO. And yeah, I watched it twice.

Adam Cole vs Chris Hero

***3/4

Expected more tbh, I love Adam cole and I know what hero is capable of. It was a good match but it feels like it should have been better (Hard to top the six man match). I don’t like the generic “Referee drama” but I understand it was a way to “protect” Hero. Expected more.

Match: El Generico vs Austin Aries

Promotion: ROH

Show: (?)

Rating: ***1/2

Good match between two fantastic workers. The match started off slow but became pretty dynamic towards the end. Enjoyed it.

Match count 13 + 22 = 35

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
BJW vs ZERO1, Kazuki Hashimoto & Ryuichi Kawakimi vs Daichi Hashimoto & Kohei Sato
Rating: 4.4
Comment: I fucking love this match. so much fun. Stiff kicks, hard punches, brawling and a never ending power struggle. The two youngsters (both named Hashimoto) looking to get at each other but also prove themselves against the veterans, and the veterans just want to beat people up. MMMMMMMMMM.

Stop's spot count: 65

Daichi Hashimoto & Kazuki Hashimoto vs Brahman Shu & Brahman Kei, BJW
Rating: 3.4
Comment: Fun ten minute tag match. Lots of hijinks from the heel Brahman team here. And the two Hashimoto's answering with the same coin right back at them to even the odds. Lots of stiff kicks and punches thrown in as well. Throw me on the Hashimoto bandwagon, both of them.

Stop's spot count: 66

Go Shiozaki & Kotaru Suzuki (Xceed) vs SUWAMA & Hikaru Sato (Evolution), All Japan pro wrestling 3/18/14
rating: 3.8
Comment: Another fun tag match out of Japan for today. This was Sato's first match as a member of Evolution and he was out to prove himself. But Suwama and Shiozaki's hate for each other stole the show. After their last series of matches these two despise one another and spent the entire match trying to get at and hurt the other, even brawling throughout the arena. Really enjoyed this one, more of this please Mr. All Japan.

Stop's spot count: 67

Last edited:
Reactions: Bort

Stopspot

Reaction score
Kazuki Hashimoto vs Shinjiro Otani, Zero1 pro wrestling
Rating: 3.6
Comment: This match told a pretty fun story. Otani is the boss in Zero1 (literally) but Hashimoto just doesn't give a single flying fuck. Hell, he even runs out of the ring before the match starts just so he can get a couple of shots in on Otani pre-match. The match then circles around the veteran Otani trying to whip some respect into the boy but Hashimoto just not drinking the kool aid and trying to beat Otani into unconsciousness. Stiff kicks and punches. I like but coulda' been better.

Stop's spot count: 68

Kazuki Hashimoto vs Ryuichi Sekine
Comment: K-Hash vs a Kaientai dojo rookie/youngster. Decent match up with Kazuki knocking around the youngster but getting shocked that the rookie is fighting back, and that's where the fun starts. K-Hash spends the rest of the match schooling Sekine on how it is done whilst making the dude look good. Was a fun jaunt.

Stop's spot count: 69 (giggity)

Kazuki Hashimoto vs Shinjiro Otani 2 (this time in BJW)
Rating: 3.7
Comment: Taking place roughly a month after their previous encounter, but this time in K-Hash's home turf of Big Japan. Both guys have another approach to the match than the last one. K-Hash is definitely more cautious of the old timer this time around, but also more methodical and aggressive in his workovers, whilst Otani is more arrogant towards the youngster, even using his own moves against him, which only serves to piss K-Hash off. Slightly better than their previous encounter due to the story involved.

Stop's spot count: 70

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Koji Kanemoto vs Kazuki Hashimoto, BJW
Comment: Another K-Hash vs veteran match up, and like most of them they start of with a bang. K-Hash doesn't give a single fuck what Kanemoto has done previously and goes right at him before the bell. Kanemoto dominates for sections of the match, even using some of Hashimoto's own moves against him, which generally does not sit well with K-Hash. I rank this one point above Otani one due to Kanemoto being sprier than Otani, does delivering more physically. But to counter it the Otani ones had more emotion and fighting spirit behind them imo.

Stop's spot count: 71

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Match: Billy Kidman vs XPAC

Show: WWF Invasion 2001

Promotion: WWF/WWE

Rating: 3.8

This match actually surprised me. It was very dynamic and had great spots. Both men had near falls and I thought XPAC would get the win when he hit the X Factor. Great match.

Match: William Regal vs Raven

Promotion: WWF/WWE

Rating: 3

It was An Okay match. Regal pulled off some technical moves and locks while Raven tried to make the match a brawl. Tazz helped Raven to score the win. Btw, Raven’s finisher is weak as fuck.

Match: RVD vs Hardy No DQ for the Hardcore Championship

Promotion WWF/WWE

Rating: 4

That was one hell of a match. I don’t currently like Hardy or RVD but that night they were at their finest. The match involved chairs, ladders, crazy bumps, brawls outside the ring. Great.

Match: Rocknes Monsters vs Best Friends

Show: DDT4 2014

Promotion: PWG

Rating: 3.5

Good opening match where all participants got their moment to shine. Great tag team action and some comedy to get the people ready for the show.

Match: Unbreakable Machines vs PRAY

Rating: 3.2

Not a big fan of Unbreakable machines this “I can hold a guy for a whole minute” got stale. At least for me. PRAY pulled off some cool tag moves and as expected, the machines moved on to the next round.

Match: Ryan and Candice vs Steen and Cole

Solid match. Nothing too great. Great heelish attitude by both Steen and Cole. Candice got some cool spots. The match was kinda slow for me but the closing stretch was awesome. Enjoyed it.

Match: Inner City Machine Guns vs African American Wolves

Rating: 4.2

Great match. These Four highflyers took all kind of bumps. A fireman’s carry from the turnbuckle to the apron or those crazy dives were just sick. That match was awesome.

Match: Best Friends vs Cole and Steen

The whole match was more a brawl all over the “room” rather than a match. Had some comedy spots and it was nice to see Best Friends getting to the final . First time they test the end of Mount Rushmore.

Match: Best Friends vs Inner City Machine Guns

It was a short but very dynamic match. Ricochet is just awesome so are Best Friends. Rich Swann or however he’s called is great. It had a lot of dives and….superkicks. Reminded me of Buck’s SuperKickFests. The moved that Taylor pulled off to get the win was just sick.

Match: Cedric Alexander vs Roderick Strong

Show: SuperCard of Honor VIII

Good opener. It had some beautiful transitions and countless near falls. Cedric had to fight against the decade as a whole and even if he lost he looked great.

Match: The Decade vs Adrenaline Rush and Andrew Everett

Show: Supercard of Honor VIII

Rating:

ACH chants from the first moment he entered that ring. There’s not much to say about this match. ACH got to shine with those crazy dives so did Everett who surprised me. Heard he has signed with PWG. Great. The Decade still a dominance force and scored the win.

Match Counter: 46

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Kenny Omega vs. Scott Lost
Show: BOLA 09 N2
Rating: 4/5
Comment: A really enjoyable bout from these two as you would expect. A lot of great counters and the finishing stretch was really awesome. Thought Lost was winning this but in the end Omega did with a sick Croyt's Wrath.

Match: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Sara Del Rey
Promotion: CHIKARA
Show: not sure
Rating: 3/5
Comment: It was odd seeing these two wrestle eachother, since they're a couple and shit. Idk about this match, most of it didn't click with me, seemed like Cesaro was just too soft with her. The crowd was fully behind Sara, and she pulled off some good stuff like a senton to the outside on Tursas. Claudio hit the Ricola Bomb and a devastating uppercut, but he decided not to pin eachtime, which cost him in the end when Sara rolled him up.

Match: Steen, Tozawa, Super Dragon vs. Neville, Generico and Yoshino
Show: KRR3
Rating: 4.5/5
Comment: Dubbed as a "Never in Your Wildest Dreams Match", this was bound to be epic, and so it was. As you would expect from all these guys, this was fucking crazy. The crowd wasn't the best, but man, in terms of the action in-ring, this was soooo awesome. I recommend buying this show solely for this. Great stuff.

Match: Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Roddy Strong
Show: KRR3
Rating: 3.5/5
Comment: Of course, a very hard-hitting bout from these two men. Roddy with the chops, Mochi with the kicks. That was mostly what this match was about, but some really nifty counters also happened in this match. Mochi wins with the top rope enziguiri.

Match: Matt Cage vs. Davey Vega vs. Danny Cannon vs. Bexx Bulmar
Promotion: Beyond Wrestling
Show: Critical Acclaim
Rating: 3.75/5
Comment: All these men went for an all-out crazy bout, and I was really into this. Cannon sorta reminds me of Davey Richards, small but very intense, and he was the noticeable star of the match. One of the craziest spots was Cannon climbing up a pillar, a quite tall one and moonsaulting off of it. This match was full of action and made for a very entertaining bout. It's on Youtube, so I recommend it.

THG?'s Match? Counter?: 26

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: AJ Styles vs. Johnny Gargano
Promotion: 2CW
Show: Living On The Edge
Rating: ****
Comment: I'll be honest, this show was kinda shit, but the main event really made up for it. First ten minutes started slowly with technical wrestling but after that it really started to pick up. Lot of counters. One of my favorite moments was when Styles was doing his combo, he went for the backfist but Gargano blocked and went for the Garga-NO escape. Really nifty match. Pele Kick and Styles Clash ftw here.

Match Counter: 27

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I have been lazy and not reviewing wrestling. Will post some old reviews from else where.

Young Bucks Vs ReDRagon (C) for the Ring Of Honor Tag Team Championships

***1/2

Solid match, I liked the targeting on Matt's hand but they seemed to just drop that after a while then go back to it, if you are going to target, TARGET. It was a bit slow and not much going on but it still was a solid bout, I came into this expecting more because it was really hyped up and obviously nothing ever lives up to the hype. I liked this match but expected much more, ReDRagon won the No.1 Contenders match so the rematch should improve on this.

Roderick Strong Vs Cedric Alexander

This match wasn't good, it was a complete burial of Cedric, he had next to no offence and Strong was just beating him down. I have started to dislike Strong because of matches like this. Strong didn't need this win, Alexander did.

6 Man Scramble: The Decade Vs ACH, Thomas and Andrew

The spike threat at the beginning was good. Why did Whitmer no sell ACH's dropkick? I dont understand the logic behind it, Whitmer isn't a big guy, he shouldn't be no selling. Andrew Everett is really catching my eye recently, I am loving his work and I cannot wait to see his PWG Debut Vs Trevor Lee and Cedrick Alexander. He is a really talented high flyer. Thomas is Thomas, he is a bit slow in the ring compared to his team mates but you hardly even notice him in this match. Really awesome match, a lot of fun, Everett slipped on the ropes at one point and they fixed it amazingly and Corino played it off on commentary which is something a lot of veterans in wrestling can't do. Again I don't think The Decade needed this win but whatever, Can't change it now.

***1/4

#TheNewStreak RD Evans Vs Silas Young

I really enjoyed this match, it was a bit of comedy and good wrestling, the chair drop onto the apron was brutal. RD Evans picked up the win #TheNewStreak 83-0. Not much to say on this, give it a watch for some light hearted fun

Mark Briscoe Vs Mike Bennett

I hate Bennett. Now lets watch this match. I really dislike Bennett, he is boring and sucks in ring imo. Mark Briscoe right off the bell laying into Mike. Briscoe does a crazy fucking dive in the crowd, its just an all out brawl. He tried to be Edge and do the spear with taunt but Briscoe throws him into the chair and drops a beast Cactus Elbow. Briscoe is speared off the stage and through the table! Bennett locks in the Anaconda Vise for the win via KO. Does Bennett just steal moves from everyone? He used Hardy's side effect, the Edge Spear with taunts, the Anaconda Vise? Jesus. It was a good match but I still hate Bennett and he needs to be original. Mark Briscoe is a crazy motherfucker.

***1/2

There was a Matt Hardy promo but fuck Matt Hardy and I skipped.

Hanson and Rowe Vs ReDRagon Vs Forever Hooligans, Winner faces The Young Bucks for the ROH Tag Belts

Extremely fast paced and exciting match, it was hard to keep up with at times but this was my first taste of Hanson and Rowe and damn these guys are awesome, I am pleased I checked this match out. Fantastic match.

****1/4

Jay Lethal Vs Tomaso Ciampa, 2/3 Falls for the ROH TV Title

It was okay, I liked parts and disliked parts. Lethal as Truth's new member is a bit odd and fuck Lethal winning, I hate that they had Lethal win, he can be so boring and Ciampa is always putting on good matches. It was dumb to have Ciampa lose imo.

***3/4

Doug Williams Vs Bryan Danielson

Before I start, I hated the commentary. They belittled the British style of wrestling and British wrestling as a whole. But obviously doesn't effect the match itself. Very technical bout, I really enjoyed it. Doug was so fast and fluent. The ending for anti climatic and was pretty meh. Overall a really good match to start the DVD. Note to self: ROH 2002 Commentary is cringe worthy.

***1/2

Spanky Vs Punk, ROH 3rd Anniversary

Match Count: 41

Got nearly all of PWG 2010, Kurt Russell Reunion 3, DGUSA Freedom Fight 2011 except the Main Event already watched, Revolt! 2013, Ultimate Gate 2013, Ultimate Gate 2014 except the main event already watched, Some Evolve shows, some recent ROH shows, Bryan Danielson Vs The World and RIse To Glory, CM PUnk Second City Saint and then all the VOD shit with ROH Ringside Memberships. Will likely buy Adam Cole Making Of A Champion too.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Drew Gulak vs. Green Ant
Promotion: Wrestling Is ....
Show: Quest To Be The Best (Or something like that)
Comment: A 10-minute technical bout, that's about it. This was basically submissions, holds, pin-falls and mat work, which was great, but I just wished they had more action going on. Not bad, but not great.

Match: 3.0, Ebessan & Takoyakida vs Colt Cabana & Swamp Monster & Darkness Crabtree & Yohnel Sanders
Show: KoT 2012
Rating: ****
Comment: Comedy gold, that's all I can say. Check it out for yourselves.

Match: Team Uppercut (Danielson and Castagnoli) vs. Quacksaw
Show: Not sure
Rating: ****1/2
Comment: This match was absolutely incredible. It really was. Match started with Cesaro and Jigsaw going at it, but then they both tagged in Bryan and Quack respectively and man these two are the greatest technicians in this business. Hot opening minutes, but then Team Uppercut took advantage of Jigsaw's hurt leg and they worked the leg so good. Cesaro's single leg swing on Jigsaw was just amazing. Good shit, check it out.

Match counter: 30

Stopspot

Reaction score
SUWAMA vs Takao Omori, All Japan 13.04.2014
Comment: From the first day of this year's Champion Carnival. I am falling in love a bit with the All Japan style, where less is more and the slow build makes every move in the ring matter. These two vets went at it to start the carnival off right and I felt that they did. Enjoyed this one.

Stop's spot count: 72

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Am I still able to do this? I would love to give it ago.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Extreme Rules 2014

El Torito vs Hornswoggle in a WeeLC match
Comment: I loved this match for the entertainment value alone, and the fact that it was a decently worked little match only sweetened the deal. Hornswoggle delivers a good looking clothesline. Shout out to Micro Cole.

Cesaro vs RVD vs Swagger
Comment: Well worked match, RVD doesn't mech with Swagger and Cesaro and I would have preferred to see Cesaro vs Swagger one on one.

Bad News Barrett vs Big E for the IC title
Comment: Very well worked match between two hitters/brawlers. Barrett is way over with his new character which messes with the face/heel chemistry with the crowd but it still showed that both men can go.

The Shield vs Evolution
Rating: 4.2
Comment: Match of the night. Incredibly well worked old southern style worked tag match. Long FIP moments with chaos mixed in ending with a real good finishing stretch. Seth once again proving that he is one of the top talents in the company right now.

Bray Wyatt vs Cena in a cage
Comment: Story heavy once again but not as good as previous cage matches. Enjoyed the mania match a lot more.

Daniel Bryan vs Kane for the WWE WHC in an extreme rules match
Rating: 3.9
Comment: Real fun match. Bryan doesn't tend to work that well in gimmick matches but Kane on the other hand is at his best in them, and Bryan certainly held his own in this and carried his own parts. Lots and lots of brawling in this one and the "infamous" forklift spot. Seems like we're getting round 2 at Payback so let's see if it can top this one.

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2014

Bushi, Captain New Japan, El Desperado and Máscara Dorada vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Kushida, Tiger Mask and Yohei Komatsu
Comment: Typical multi man dark match, lots of juniors in this one so it went at a high pace.

The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero) IWGP jr tag championship
Comment: Typical junior tag match featuring the bucks. You got exactly what you'd expect. Well worked, high pace, crotch chops, superkicks, Rocky Romero being a loon.

Crazy Ichizoku (Takashi Iizuka and Toru Yano) vs Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki and Shelton X Benjamin)
Rating: 3.3
Comment: The story of Suzuki and Yano trying to kill each other via hijinks continues. Starts of with a brawls and then goes into stiff shots and hijinks in the ring. What you'd expect from this line up. Which Suzuki would get some more serious singles matches since he's the bomb old guy.

Satoshi Kojima (c) vs Wes Brisco (with Bruce Tharpe) NWA world championship
Comment: Positively surprised by Brisco, he kept it simple and it worked out well for him. Kojima is another dope old guy in New Japan and still tares it up on the regular. Having Hansen there in the background and Tharpe being a cartoon character only added to it.

Kota Ibushi (c) vs Ryusuke Taguchi IWGP junior heavyweight belt
Comment: Taguchi coming back has helped breath more life into the junior division. Well worked match, both men obviously know what they are doing, but you felt that there was a real feud missing from this.

Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Tomoaki Honma Never openweight belt
Rating: 3.9
Comment: Ishii keeps on pushing out match of the night after match of the night. Fucking love the little bulldog with his I don't give F attitude. Him and Honma delivered, not as good as the Ishii vs Naito series but damn. So good. Looking forward to Ishii vs Ibushi.

Jushin Liger, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito and Togi Makabe vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and Tama Tonga)
Comment: Team New Japan vs team Bullet Club. Went a bit long in my opinion but I still enjoyed it. Tama Tonga is da man when he's allowed to be and all the guys in this match know what they are doing. Looking forward to the Tanahashi/Makabe vs Anderson/Gallows match that was teased.

AJ Styles vs Kazuchika Okada IWGP heavyweight belt
Comment: Liked this match. AJ worked the leg a lot and Okada sold accordingly for 90% of the match. Also a lot of western wrestling hijinks and the Yujio thing to end. Brought AJ up to the upper echelon quick enough but I felt that these two could do a lot better, Okada felt at times like he was running on autopilot.

Stop's spot count: 86

Stopspot

Reaction score
Fujita Jr Hayato vs Jinsei Shinzaki, Michinoku Pro
Comment: I liked this one. Fujita is one small dude but he kicks like a bleeping tank. And Shinzaki is insanely fit for a dude his age. Nicely paced match with Shinzaki dominating for large parts while allowing Fujita to come back with youthful fire and flare. Post match both student and teacher showed respect for each other.

Not sure if @POP TATARI has seen this match, but he probably has.

Stop's spot count: 87

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Fujita Jr Hayato vs Jinsei Shinzaki, Michinoku Pro
Comment: I liked this one. Fujita is one small dude but he kicks like a bleeping tank. And Shinzaki is insanely fit for a dude his age. Nicely paced match with Shinzaki dominating for large parts while allowing Fujita to come back with youthful fire and flare. Post match both student and teacher showed respect for each other.

Not sure if @POP TATARI has seen this match, but he probably has.

Stop's spot count: 87

Yeah I have seen this a while back, I like Fujita a lot. Is this your first time seeing him?