Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Tomohiro Ishii & Yujiro Takahashi vs Naito & Honma, New beginning in Hiroshima.
Rating: 3.2
Comment: A reasonably fun tag match. Ishii was driving Naito nuts throughout the match and took offense like a champ. The match was build up for Naito vs Ishii on the 11th and the story was Ishii pissing Naito off, playing with his mind if you will.

Stop's spot count: 31

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Okada/Yoshi Hashi vs Goto/Shibata, The New Beginning in Hiroshima
Rating: 3.6
Comment: fun tag match. Goto and Shibata have obvious chemistry and Okada and Hashi worked together well as well. Yoshi didn't look too out of place in the match kayfabe roster position non withstanding and worked it to his advantage, being the scrappy one trying to measure up to ass kicker Shibata. Shibata throwing Yoshi across the ring to make him tag in Okada was a fun moment. Set up the Okada vs Goto match well enough. High on action, good tempor and pacing and good work from all involved. Recommended watch.

Stop's spot count: 32

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Jeff Hardy Vs Matt Hardy (I Quit Match)
Show: Backlash (2009)
Promotion: WWF
Rating: 3.5/5
Comment: Not as fast paced as I like, but it had a lot of great moments... and Jeff Hardy.
Majour's Match Count: 8

Match:
Samoa Joe Vs Low Ki
Show: Glory By Honor
Promotion: ROH
Rating: 3.75/5
Comment: Heavy on submission moves in places, really great to watch.

Majour's Match Count: 9

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Caleb Konely Vs El Garado (Didn't catch his name so im not sure if this is the wrong name, I skipped entrances so)
Promotion: Evolve
Show: Evolve 26
Rating: 2.8
In Depth: Solid match. I have taken a liking to Evolve, really glad I checked it out. Caleb Konely, first time seeing him and I was impressed, I will need to watch more of his stuff. Garado took away from this match for me, Caleb targeted the leg the better half of the match but in the end Garado no sold it and was pulling off high flying moves which come from mainly the legs, it took away from the match for me and Garado winning wasn't something that made me happy.

Match Counter: 26

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Match: Okada vs Goto
Promotion: NJPW
Show: New Beginning Osaka 2/11

Match Rating: ****1/4

Just the entrances worth 4 stars. Okada coming out with a giant sword and A FUCKIN DINOSAUR.
Things started out very slowly. Okada was going after the neck. Goto was going after one of the legs. Okada dominated through most of the match till Goto gain some momentum and dropped Okada on his knee a couple of times. Both men avoided each others finishers. Okada finally hit the rainmakaah ftw, Great match. Loved it

Match Counter: 13

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Operweight title- Kana vs Arisa Nakajima(c)
Promotion: JWP
Rating: 3.7
Review: This was a nice little match, Kana dominated Nakajima for a while before the champ got back into it, some lovely submissions and the way they were transitioned into was top notch. Some decent counters. Would of liked the match to go on a bit longer and did not have as much drama in it to take it to a four rating.

Pop Tart Match Count: 21

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Kana vs Meiko satomura
Promotion: I am not sure what promotion this is as the information was all in Japanese, did not look like any Joshi promotion I have see before
Rating: 4
Review: Hard hitting as fuck, really enjoyed this both have similar styles and were really stiff. Match started off with Satomura extending her hand for sportsmanship but Kana kicked her hand. Real good battle with some nice moves on display, both work extremely together and they put on a exciting match with some believable nearfalls.

Pop Tart Match Count: 22

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Young Bucks Vs The Colony (Soldier and Fire Ant)
Promotion: CHIKARA
Show: High Noon
In Depth: Fantastic Bout, everything was hit perfect.

Match: Prince Devitt Vs Davey Richards
Show: ???
Rating:3.2
In Depth: Its was alright. If it was other guys then it would have been a great match but from guys like Davey and Devitt it was a let down. Still good but expected a lot more.

Match: Sami Calihan Vs PAC Vs Brodie Lee Vs Rich Swann
Promotion: 2CW
In Depth: Awesome match, full of fast paced action and insane moves. Sami and Rich stood out a ton during this match.

Match: Brodie Lee Vs Michael Elgin
Promotion: Somewhere in Canada
Rating: 3
In Depth: Solid hard hitting bout, I overall enjoyed the big men match.

Match: Super Smash Bros Vs KOW
Promotion: ROH
Show: ROH Wrestling on HDNet Episode 75
Rating: 3
In Depth: Solid entertaining match. The crowd sucked and was dead all of the match, I liked it especially for an enhancement talent match, I wish we got Super Smash Bros in ROH

Match: Dean Ambrose Vs Seth Rollins, 30 Minute Iron Man Match
Promotion: FCW/WWE
Show: FCW TV
Rating: 5 STARS. First time from me during this challenge
In Depth: Holy fuck this match was epic. I didn't expect this, it was just overall awesome. It ended 2-2 and went to sudden death where things picked up and you could feel the desperation in them and it spiralled into an all out war, the ending made both men look strong and was awesome. Personal favourite of mine. First time ever watching it and im glad I did.

Adam's Match Counter: 32

6 matches totalling 1 hour 40 minutes. @Dazzle Jackson thanks for the watching wrestling session man #SuperkickParty #AmericanDragons

Reactions: B.Dazzle

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Lee vs. Elgin was C4 Wrestling. A lot of nice matches you just reviewed.

Reactions: Shadie T

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Thought it was that thanks. Yeah there were some good matches.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Randy Orton vs Cesaro, Smackdown of february 14
Rating: 3.8
Comment: Really strong showing by Cesaro here. Orton isn't an in ring slouch but Cesaro was on his A-game (as if he has another game?) and came out looking like a star. Not a four star match but close.

Cesaro vs John Cena, RAW february 17
Rating: 4.3
Comment: Second MOTY candidate from the WWE so far alongside Bryan/Wyatt. Cesaro was once again on his A-game and you really felt Cena working hard to keep up. Very well paced match and I loved the finishing stretch. Really strong showing from both guys and Cesaro looked great in defeat.

Stop's spot count: 34

Reactions: THG?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Brian Cage vs Anthony Nese. PWG All Star Weekend X, night 1
Rating: 3.2
Comment: What the fuck happened to Brian Cage? He used to be one of my favs in PWG but since he started with the bodybuilding his cardio has taken a hit, he cannot do a lot of the stuff he used to do in ring anymore, his ring attire is fugly and he looks sloppy as hell in the ring. Some of the things he did to Nese hurt to watch. Thank god Nese was in there and took the match to above a three. Still a better match than the one they had at Ten. But Nese was the shining star here without a doubt. Cage needs to shape up.

Rockness Monsters vs Joey & Candice. ASWX night 1
Rating: 3.4
Comment: Fun, fairly short tag match by PWG standards. Not any form of ring work exposé but it relied on the characters involved, which made for a fun bout. And all four are good wrestlers as well so its a plus.

Drake Younger vs tomasso Ciampa, ASWX night 1
Rating: 3.4
Comment:Decent outing from both guys. Drake is an energy pill and Ciampa is one of my personal favs. There were some loud and stiff shots dealt here and Ciampa utilizing his power moveset well on the smaller Drake. I enjoyed it.

Stop's spot count: 37

Last edited:

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Prince Devitt (c.) Vs Low Ki Vs Kota Ibushi (For IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship)
Show: Wrestle Kingdom VII
Rating: 4/5
Comment: Consistent fast pace, some high flying, a lot of awesome duels and a few edge of the seat near-falls. Overall, I'd say it's well worth the watch.

Majour's Match Count: 10

Last edited:
Reactions: THG?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Big E vs Jack Swagger, Elimination chamber 2014
Rating: 3.9
Comment: I really enjoyed this match. Two big guys working a physical style trading blows for about ten minutes? Count me in on this. Some good physicality out of both guys and Swagger is bomb as a physical/rough heel. Knew how to put together the match very well.

The shield vs The Wyatts, Elimination Chamber 2014
Rating: 4.5
Comment: WWE went hard in the paint with this one. Really trying to get MOTY out early I see. You could feel that the two factions hated each other and absolutely everyone shined in this. Rollins and Harper were the undisputed MVPs of this match, putting it together like master builders, pacing it out perfectly. I'm stoked for a possible rematch if it gets a chance to happen down the road. Future is bright.

Andrew Everett vs Cedric Alexander, ROH TV for February 22
Rating: 3.7
Comment: A fun sprint of a match. Both guys are high flying and athletic so you knew what you were getting with this one. Enjoyed it.

Kevin Steen vs Kyle O'Reilly, ROH TV for February 22
Rating: 3.9
Comment: Kevin Steen actually wrestling in 2014, whoda thunk it?
Really enjoyed this one. Kyle directed a lot of traffic and got to shine and Kevin proved that he could hang. Real good match.

Stop's spot count: 41