Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the 2nd half of RAW. Not so much the first. I called a Punk heel turn during the Main Event but then thought no way the WWE would do that.

Kinda let down by the 1000 episode but WWE always lets me down so eh.

Would have been interesting if WWE planned the poll so Rock/Cena would get the most votes which fueled Punk's heel turn. Turns out the fans want Punk/Rock.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's 3 hours you could have only used so many guys can't have every old name you ever had though I understand the let down in no Austin but apparently he is filming Grown Ups 2.
JBL is the busiest former wrestler in the world right now, yet he managed to show up. That's really not an excuse for Austin as far as I'm concerned.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I just wanted to say that from top to bottom this was an awesome raw. I couldn't catch it til after work which was after 11 of course. But I had the whole thing recorded and this is the first raw I watched all the way through ever since last summer.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
If this isn't a heel turn, it's one hell of a statement. I wouldnt call this a complete heel turn, but Cena vs Punk at Summerslam is basically a lock in. I dont like the fact that the match ended in DQ, but I do understand the purpose of Big Show being there. CM Punk is showing signs of a heel turn but I wouldnt call this a complete heel turn yet. I mean he clotheslined The Rock, so what? The match was over. But no one can doubt that the WWE is giving fans another round of "Summer of Punk" and I cant wait.
He could of helped cena when he had the chance and he didn't so the rock came out to help. And I guess punk go jealous and attacked the rock.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Former WWE Diva Chyna posted the following on Twitter:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in & offer my congrats on the 1000 episode of Raw. I was not asked to appear but I have a few thoughts .. As for Degeneration X, the most powerful group in the history of the WWE, I am very proud to have been a part of that .. And if you're not down with DX, I have two words for you: SUCK IT! XOXO! ... I am very proud to have played a role in the history making event that Raw is. I have many found memories from my time there ... To all the WWE fans, Thank You for welcoming us into your living rooms each week and into your lives. We are who we are because of you.

Classy statement by Chyna. She could have easily went a different direction with her comments. I was expecting a rant before I clicked the article. Surprised.

WWE.com published a new article questioning whether or not CM Punk was justified in his actions at the end of Raw 1,000 tonight, and the article clarifies John Cena's Money in the Bank contract status by saying the following:

Punk watching Cena get punished by Big Show may be a little more puzzling. Cena became the first Superstar ever to cash in a Money in the Bank championship contract and not win a championship despite not losing the match. In fact, Cena won by disqualification when Big Show attacked him. Regardless of how the match ended, though, the fact of the matter is that Cena had one, and only one, opportunity to cash in and challenge for the WWE Championship. And now that opportunity is gone.

Officially, Cena is not due a WWE Championship rematch.

"Officially, Cena is not due a WWE Championship rematch... But he'll still get one anyway."

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I know I'm late but Punk's heel turn is great. Finally something that will be must see TV just like last night. I loved Raw although no Austin or Edge is a disappointment but I'm always trying to think positive when many good things happen. Lita and the APA were mark out moments. Lesnar looks to be in excellent shape as well. Many positives with the show than negatives which really helps. Lot of odd comments, hopefully Andrew calms down next time. I like Andrew but sometimes he just says things without putting any thought into it. Psych is Psych, usual nonsense.

Daniel Bryan was MVP of the show. He was money all night and being entertaining. Punk turn was my biggest mark out moment but Bryan well done. I've been souring a bit on Bryan on the mic lately but he brought it tonight. Charlie Sheen needs to piss off, he was worse than Snooki.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am with you big time on Sheen. I actually think we might see a triple threat for the WWE Title now with Show as the other guy with Cena and Punk, it is clear with his involvement last night he still around the main event picture can't think they would have him get involved and then not be in the title picture.

Reaction score
I watched Raw and enjoyed it but I have to admit that I expected more. The legends weren't used as much as I would have liked them to. I was shocked that the biggest name in the WWE, Austin was not there. The 1000th episode of Raw did not feel complete without him.

I did enjoy seeing:

-X Pac, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn back in the WWE

-Mae Young's grown up hand! (hilarious!)

-Stephanie McMahon bitch slap and take down Heyman. Stephanie, please come back! No other female in the WWE will ever outshine you on the microphone.

-Lita kicking Slater's ass. I marked out for Lita! I am so happy that she is getting the respect she deserves. It was also great to see the APA again!

-The Hitman as ring announcer

-Christian vs The Miz

-Taker and Kane taking down Drew Mcintyre and his men

-The Rock/Punk/Bryan segment. The Rock is hilarious and made Punk and Bryan look mediocre on the mic. I loved his "umpa lumpa" song! Too funny!

I am not entirely sure how I feel about AJ Lee being the GM. It is great that Vince has a lot of faith in her but I would prefer to see her in the women's division. They need her there!

CM Punk's heel turn was random. I guess they are planning to keep the title on him for a while. I hope Rocky kicks his ass at The Royal Rumble.

Bryan vs Sheen?? No thanks! I thought Sheen was actually going to be physically present at the show. His Skype segments were unnecessary.

Overall, it was a pretty good show but I did expect a couple of flashbacks, at least after each segment or match. Again, not having Austin on the show was a huge disappointment.

tjScarbi

Reaction score
Went to bed at 4:30am dying inside, really wasn't expecting Punk's turn. Sad times. Other than that I actually really enjoyed the show, nice set up for a Show/Punk vs. Cena/Rock.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Thats a pretty fair summing up of the show think I agree with you on most things.

I like what did with AJ, but it will be interesting how much it effects how long term career or if it is a long term role. The interesting part is weather the thing with Bryan is over now with AJ getting her pay back for all those months he mistreated her or if it will carry on a bit with her as GM maybe making his life a hell that way. I suspect it maybe done now and if you think about it it has been clever the way WWE have bought full circle its almost like they knew months ago than this was how it was going to end. So if she has moved on now it will be interesting to see what new feuds she gets into.

As for the legends, I have mixed views in a way I think they went a bit overkill with them to the point where at least one appeared in almost every segment, but at the same time there were some nice segments involving them and like you hinted someone like Austin should have been there.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
JBL is the busiest former wrestler in the world right now, yet he managed to show up. That's really not an excuse for Austin as far as I'm concerned.

Dude. Austin is filming a movie and he isn't that big of a name that he can take a day off from the film and say I am going to RAW. He is being committed to whatever professional duties he is performing now. That is more than a good enough excuse.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
RAW 1,000 And Why Stone Cold Steve Austin Wasn’t There
http://brokenskullranch.com/archives/1142

On July 23, 2012 WWE celebrated the 1,oooth episode of Monday Night Raw. I watched the show from my home in Los Angeles. After watching the show, I got on my Twitter account, @steveaustinBSR, to read responses to the show. There were many people blaming Vince McMahon and the WWE for not having SCSA on the show. And there were some folks who had some very negative things to say about me, personally.

The reason I did not attend RAW 1,000 was because I underwent a major knee surgery on my left knee on July 2, 2012. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, CA performed the surgery.

The surgery was a complete success. I am currently three weeks post op. I began physical therapy a few days ago. I had a world class surgeon and a great medical team working on me. I am now working with a top notch PT team. I am still on crutches and will probably lose the crutches in another week. Then I will be in a custom knee brace much like the braces I wore in the ring for 9-12 weeks.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN IS A 100% ASS KICKING MACHINE. There was no way I was going to limp down the ramp on crutches for RAW 1,000. It was time to get my knee fixed. The decision to no-show RAW 1,000 was made by me and no one else. I have always taken pride in making my shots and have never faked an injury or illness. Pro Wrestling is a tough game and it was time to pay the piper for some of the damage I incurred in the ring. No gripes. No complaints.

To the fans that were hoping to see SCSA, I’m sorry I missed the show. I would have loved to be there under different circumstances. I normally keep my personal business to myself, but due to feedback and incorrect speculation, I have posted this blog and given the 411 on why I was not at RAW 1,000.

I will post more blogs about my PT and recovery soon.

- Steve Austin

Fair enough. Sucks he couldn't make it especially since the 1,000th RAW only comes around once.

Reaction score
I respect that but man, even Austin on crutches would have been awesome. :Smash:

Really though, I completely understand his perspective. Hopefully, he will make an appearance soon to make up for it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Yeah for us that would of be awesome, but listening to Austin interviews in the past he would want to give the people a show which he couldn't do if hes on crutches.