Offical "How to Fix Raw" 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
So I sit here and read through various threads and everyone has some input as to how Raw can be made better for the remainder of the year. You have your "push MVP to the Main Event" and the "get rid of the guest hosts" and the "stop the Orton/HHH every week" comments.

But seriously, how can the E make the rest of the year the BEST it can be??? Can Chris Masters really be in the Main Event scene?? Does MVP have the FANS behind him enough to reach the top?? Is this Mark Henry face turn really the way to go?? Is Orton/Cena a better way to go?? Is missing HBK really hurting Raw?? Is the lack of mic skills on most of the developmental stars the reason the E is not getting ready made talent up in the E?? Could the move of Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger to Raw instead of keeping them on ECW a good thing?? Should they have instead brought over Christian??

Those are questions I ask myself while watching Raw and reading posts here on IWF.

My question to you the community is:

What things do you think can benefit the E in making RAW better??? This is not about Smackdown or ECW because Smackdown, by FAR is the better show right now and come on, what do you expect from ECW... Raw is supposed to be the A brand and it is turning out to be the SHIT brand.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
Official "How to Fix Raw" 2009 Thread

1. Depush Cena and change the WWE title match at Summerslam into a Triple Threat or a Fatal Fourway. Many if not most fans are sick of Cena's predictable 2 or 3 moves and undeserved title matches.

2. Bring out Batista, injured or not and put him in with Orton and Cena. Tonight's Lumberjack Match would have been a smash if, when Cena was getting piled on by Legacy, Batista had made the save with one arm in a cast. That would have set up his entry into the title match at Summerslam.

3. Stop pushing Kofi Kingston. He's just an acrobat and a prima donna. Get the US belt back on MVP and push him to main event status.

4. HBK should be back just before or at Summerslam and he can carry the show.

5. Make Flair the guest host periodically and have him torture Legacy with handicap matches, steel cage matches, I quit matches, street fights and first blood matches. Flair's son Reid, who may have debuted by now, has legal problems and this is likely diverting Ric's attention.

6. Get rid of Lawler. He's not funny and he never was a great wrestler. Just a clown who captured the imagination of his home town, bought the local promotion and made himself Memphis "Champion" 21 times. Oh yeah, he won the AWA title shortly before that fed went defunct on account of Kerry von Erich's bleeding too much while applying the face claw just before Lawler could submit or pass out.

Now just watch as The Rated R CM Star crawls out of the woodwork and disses my post

Evil Austin

@ WCW4Ever - how exactly do you want MVP to be pushed into the main event status while you want him to hold the mid card title?

SnackZ

Reaction score
1. Depush Cena and change the WWE title match at Summerslam into a Triple Threat or a Fatal Fourway. Many if not most fans are sick of Cena's predictable 2 or 3 moves and undeserved title matches.

I find this hard to agree with. Depush Cena? Why? He has the best workrate of anyone in the ME scene right now. Maybe switch up his character a bit and make him a little more bad ass/heelish but to depush him would be moronic imo.

2. Bring out Batista, injured or not and put him in with Orton and Cena. Tonight's Lumberjack Match would have been a smash if, when Cena was getting piled on by Legacy, Batista had made the save with one arm in a cast. That would have set up his entry into the title match at Summerslam.

The fact that you think Batista is a credible main eventer makes me a little suspect about you man... Batista CANNOT work the mic, has a VERY limited moveset, sells horribly and is injury prone. He would have come out to help Cena and would have slipped getting in the ring and hurt his Achilles heel and been out for another year.

3. Stop pushing Kofi Kingston. He's just an acrobat and a prima donna. Get the US belt back on MVP and push him to main event status.

So..............stop pushing a face who actually garners a reaction from the crowd and give the belt to a face who gets the bathroom break treatment from the fans????? That cannot be serious dude. I say keep Kofi in the mix and have this belt center around Kofi, MVP, Swagger, Even Bourne.

4. HBK should be back just before or at Summerslam and he can carry the show.

Smartest thing you've said thus far.

5. Make Flair the guest host periodically and have him torture Legacy with handicap matches, steel cage matches, I quit matches, street fights and first blood matches. Flair's son Reid, who may have debuted by now, has legal problems and this is likely diverting Ric's attention.

I don't like this idea, while doing it ONCE would suffice doing it periodically would not be a good idea.

6. Get rid of Lawler. He's not funny and he never was a great wrestler. Just a clown who captured the imagination of his home town, bought the local promotion and made himself Memphis "Champion" 21 times. Oh yeah, he won the AWA title shortly before that fed went defunct on account of Kerry von Erich's bleeding too much while applying the face claw just before Lawler could submit or pass out.

Who do you suppose they replace him with. While I agree that he is not entertaining and should be replaced I don't have any ideas on who would prosper in that position.

Now just watch as The Rated R CM Star crawls out of the woodwork and disses my post

he has not posted....viewed but no post. Maybe he agrees with you.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
1) Push MVP to the main event. Don't care about any rebuttals to this argument, push him to the main event. End of story.

2) Keep Triple H and Orton away from each other for the rest of the year. No more interactions whatsoever. I don't care if you have to have Orton feud with Cena and Triple H feud with Big Show or vice versa, no more of the neverending feud.

3) Stop having Cena squash any mid carder he goes up against. Make him take a page out of JBL's book and force him to actually put over an up and coming upper mid carder to create a new main eventer. Learn to give back to the business. We get it, he does alot of movie shit and whatever for WWE and is their marketing machine. So STOP squeezing his main event status for everything its worth and use him to create NEW stars before his gimmick becomes entirely stale and he starts to lose heat.

4) Push Ted Dibiase Jr to the main event. See MVP. Non negotiable, don't care about your rebuttals. Stops teasing the fucking face turn and DO IT. At least it'll give Randy Orton a DIFFERENT feud for 3 months. Fuck.

5) Fire all the divas or move them over to Smackdown where there's actually a semi competitive scene. I'm tired of seeing the POINTLESS six woman tag matches every single week that somehow justify a singles feud come PPV time.

6) Replace Jerry Lawler with Joey Styles/Mike Adamle or switch out Michael Cole with Jim Ross so that we can actually have someone that brings out the best in Lawler. Either that or move Gregory Helms to the announcers booth from ECW to RAW.

6) Stop firing all your decent midcarders like Ken Anderson, The Brian Kendrick and others. These are the people who could stay in the mid card while you push guys like MVP and Ted Dibiase. And yet you're gonna keep on firing them to justify continuing to stall their pushes? Whatever.

7) Do not let Triple H become 17 time world champion. If this comes true, you kill the business. Period.

8) Bring back Shawn Michaels. Since he appears to be the ONLY man in the company willing to actually job to an upper mid carder to elevate them to the main event scene. So bring back Shawn Michaels and have him pick up Cenas, Trips and Ortons slack IMMEDIATELY.

9) Fire Hornswoggle, don't move him to Smackdown. Don't move him to ECW. Don't send him to FCW. FIRE HIS ASS. And may he never see the light of day again in a wrestling ring.

10) And FINALLY. Get Vince McMahon away from the creative process. He fucks up ALL the storylines. Comes up with ALL the swerves just to piss off the smarks that their guy didn't get the push he deserved *MVP, Miz, ect*. Get him AWAY from the creative team, stop letting him destroy the storylines just as they get hot. Take his hand out of the cookie jar and chop it off if you have to. But he obviously doesn't book like he booked in the late 90's. He's gotten too obsessed with media exposure and wanting to be considered "mainstream" that he doesn't care about WRESTLING anymore. So get him the fuck out of the creative process and let the greater minds flow.

My top ten ways to fix RAW.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Start getting only past wrestlers as GMs that dumbass last night called summerslam summerfest.

The Rated R CMStar

1) Push MVP to the main event. Don't care about any rebuttals to this argument, push him to the main event. End of story.

2) Keep Triple H and Orton away from each other for the rest of the year. No more interactions whatsoever. I don't care if you have to have Orton feud with Cena and Triple H feud with Big Show or vice versa, no more of the neverending feud.

3) Stop having Cena squash any mid carder he goes up against. Make him take a page out of JBL's book and force him to actually put over an up and coming upper mid carder to create a new main eventer. Learn to give back to the business. We get it, he does alot of movie shit and whatever for WWE and is their marketing machine. So STOP squeezing his main event status for everything its worth and use him to create NEW stars before his gimmick becomes entirely stale and he starts to lose heat.

4) Push Ted Dibiase Jr to the main event. See MVP. Non negotiable, don't care about your rebuttals. Stops teasing the fucking face turn and DO IT. At least it'll give Randy Orton a DIFFERENT feud for 3 months. Fuck.

5) Fire all the divas or move them over to Smackdown where there's actually a semi competitive scene. I'm tired of seeing the POINTLESS six woman tag matches every single week that somehow justify a singles feud come PPV time.

6) Replace Jerry Lawler with Joey Styles/Mike Adamle or switch out Michael Cole with Jim Ross so that we can actually have someone that brings out the best in Lawler. Either that or move Gregory Helms to the announcers booth from ECW to RAW

Agreed

6) Stop firing all your decent midcarders like Ken Anderson, The Brian Kendrick and others. These are the people who could stay in the mid card while you push guys like MVP and Ted Dibiase. And yet you're gonna keep on firing them to justify continuing to stall their pushes? Whatever.

7) Do not let Triple H become 17 time world champion. If this comes true, you kill the business. Period.

How is Mr. Kennedy a decent midcarder with him only being active for about 3 months per year? Anyways, he's not worth it if he was indeed putting in jeopardy the guys he was working with. As TBK, and me being a fan of his and that totally hated his move to Raw and booking as of late, you cannot blame WWE for the firing completely. TBK had a lousy attitude backstage.

As for HHH, you are overreacting. Anybody outside the IWC don't have a problem with HHH being a champion.

8) Bring back Shawn Michaels. Since he appears to be the ONLY man in the company willing to actually job to an upper mid carder to elevate them to the main event scene. So bring back Shawn Michaels and have him pick up Cenas, Trips and Ortons slack IMMEDIATELY.

9) Fire Hornswoggle, don't move him to Smackdown. Don't move him to ECW. Don't send him to FCW. FIRE HIS ASS. And may he never see the light of day again in a wrestling ring.

10) And FINALLY. Get Vince McMahon away from the creative process. He fucks up ALL the storylines. Comes up with ALL the swerves just to piss off the smarks that their guy didn't get the push he deserved *MVP, Miz, ect*. Get him AWAY from the creative team, stop letting him destroy the storylines just as they get hot. Take his hand out of the cookie jar and chop it off if you have to. But he obviously doesn't book like he booked in the late 90's. He's gotten too obsessed with media exposure and wanting to be considered "mainstream" that he doesn't care about WRESTLING anymore. So get him the fuck out of the creative process and let the greater minds flow.

Agreed until the McMahon part. Not only as of late the so called McMahon storylines are indeed the ones more often than not more interesting, but also has the most ratings.

Second, do you really think McMahon is the one responsible for MVP and Miz not being pushed? I don't think so.

Airfixx

"Second, do you really think McMahon is the one responsible for MVP and Miz not being pushed? I don't think so."

Reportedly, he too is pissed about MVP & Swaggers lack of push so the original complaint would appear to be way off the mark.

Reaction score
Put all 3 brands back together, have one World title, 1one mid card, one womens and of course an extra title eg Hardcore or Cruiserweight. Thats how I would fix it and cut cost.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Put all 3 brands back together, have one World title, 1one mid card, one womens and of course an extra title eg Hardcore or Cruiserweight. Thats how I would fix it and cut cost.

This has to be the worst possible idea so far. Putting all 3 brands back together NEGATES the entire pushing of midcarders into main eventers such as Jeff, CM, Edge, Jericho, etc..... Those guys would not be in the ME scene any more, making one ME title would ruin the success the E has had with pushing guys. They ECW guys and damn near 3 quarters of the roster would be stuck doing nothing of any significance.....

The Rated R CMStar

Cut cost? How exactly? Because with that idea either you are cutting out Superstars and ECW, which would mean a nice check to indemnize Syfy and WGN America or take the lawsuit from ending the contract. Not also counting the fact that you would have to take out some house shows as well.

That, or exploit your roster into an impossible calendar.

Airfixx

Raw; the brand, rather than the TV show, but a few things that spring to mind....

*Better commentary. Sack 'em BOTH IMO - Kings just passed it and Cole... How can you consistently be the worst commentator in the company for over 10 years only to find yourself in 'THEE' seat of arguably the best ever... I don't care what he does OFF-screen; ON-screen he is shite!

*Retain regular weekly focus on the US title (particularly at times where there's no PPV time available for the mid-carders during that month).

*Add at least one more proper tag team so that, if nothing else, Ted & Cody can have someone to work with, build heat against etc. aside from just handing out random beat-downs for future Orton opponents.

*The occasional storyline that doesn't revolve around the ME-ers or titles (i.e. give us a reason to give a fuck about the mid-carders like Henry, MVP and co.).

*Bring back that "and finally they meet" big match feel - Keep guys apart a bit more in terms of competetive matches prior to PPVs.

the dark knight

*Better commentary. Sack 'em BOTH IMO - Kings just passed it and Cole... How can you consistently be the worst commentator in the company for over 10 years only to find yourself in 'THEE' seat of arguably the best ever... I don't care what he does OFF-screen; ON-screen he is shite!
ON-screen he is a god in their eyes, probably. he's exactly what a company would want, an ass kiss who does exactly as told and plugs everything all the time. as long as he keeps repeating "wwe universe" and "longest running weekly episode television show" 10000000 times a show we'll have to put up with him :nonono:.

i wanna stab the fuck..