NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
tumblr_npdhnkNXqr1s0zdtdo2_500.png

Starting "Rate NXT" threads every week seems a bit redundant, seeing as how they haven't been drawing much attention.

In order to avoid that, I've decided to create something like this.

From here on out, this is going to be the general discussion thread for the weekly NXT show.
If y'all are willing to participate, of course.

This thread would be quite similar to the LUG and ROH discussion threads.

Okay, let's do this, folks!​

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
NXT Results For Tonight

* Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley defeated Elias Sampson & Mike Wallace.

* Emma beat Blue Pants. Blue Pants got a crazy pop. Greg Hamilton led the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to her afterwards.

* Tyler Breeze beat Bull Dempsey. There were "cardio" chants when Bull was running around the ring.

* Becky Lynch defeated Jessie McKay with an armbar.

* Baron Corbin defeated Angelo Dawkins

* Samoa Joe defeated Scott Dawson with the muscle buster. Kevin Owens was on commentary. Joe cut a promo after the match and called Owens to the ring. Owens said Joe should thank him for not choking him. Owens called Joe a rookie in NXT and said he has to earn a title shot. Regal comes out makes Owens vs. Joe in a non-title match for next week.

Sounds like a fun lil show.
Looking forward to watching it tomorrow!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping it under spoiler tag wraps, bro/yo. :eek:tunga:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Can NXT please stop pushing shitty Dana Brook and actually book Sasha well? Is that asking a lot?

I couldn't agree more.

Where has Sasha been since TakeOver, anyway? Missin' that lass.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I thought the 6/10/15 episode would be fun, but in the end, it wasn't.
Come on, get your act together, NXT!

- Broski & Mojo vs Samson & Rallis was OK.

- The 'Finn Bálor arrives' vignette was cool.

- Emma vs Blue Pants was meh, boring.

- Tyler Breeze vs Bull Dempsey was OK, I guess.

- Becky Lynch vs Jessie McKay was OK.

- Baron Corbin vs Angelo Dawkins was boring.

tumblr_nprarsH6yb1saykaxo1_250.gif

tumblr_nprarsH6yb1saykaxo2_250.gif

tumblr_nprarsH6yb1saykaxo3_250.gif

tumblr_nprarsH6yb1saykaxo4_250.gif

- Samoa Joe vs Scott Dawson was OK.

Looking forward to KO vs Samoa Joe next week!

Snowman1

Reaction score
Can NXT please stop pushing shitty Dana Brook and actually book Sasha well? Is that asking a lot?

Know on this set of tapings, they've been using these viginettes (sp?) to build up a Sasha match on the 3rd taping, but her boyfriend had an injury at the Center and they had to write her off to be with him.
OK with that, but... good lord does this division need her. Badly. WHERE IS CHARLOTTE?

Speaking of such, I'm really starting to worry about the future of NXT. When THE DEMON BALOR wins the title - which in and of itself is an awesome moment - and Owens will mostly be gone, this roster will seem really depleted, really fast.

Ryder and Rawley being a team? I'm not sure about that... They need teams? I guess? See, I'm one match in and already just shamelessly throwing out question marks. Cool to see Ryder with something to do though! Hot damn has it been too long. He's teaming with Ass on a Plate and... well... the NXT Crowd loves it, so... fuck it, lets go. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Balor video package was fantastic and the best non-Zayn/Owens/Enzo/Emma thing I've seen on this show in months and months. Dana Brooke continues to work for me in the most awkward of ways, but don't really like her talking about being better. Lol Keep that gimmick for Eva Marie since it doesn't help yours... but speaking of working for me... if you think a show featuring Angry Emo Emma vs Birthday Girl Leva is getting a bad rating out of me, you clearly don't know me well enough. :p

Thank GOD for the internet! Someone actually wrote this down word-for-word:

“Yeah, Alexa Bliss, a girl on fire. It’s like the Gamemaker just drops her into Unstoppable, pssh, came to ruin your day, Mockingjay. Well guess what, if this was the Hunger Games she wouldn’t last one night, aright, neither would the sweet boys, cause they got the life expectancy of a snowman in the sun. We rep our district like a barbell, OK?”

“If she grew up where we grew up if they grew up where we grew up … send ’em to live with Uncle Phil. How you doin’.”

“Call ’em an Uber. Hey I tell you what, I got plenty of time, I got no time for this.”

SMACKTALKER. SKYWALKER. :lol1:

AN OUT OF SHAPE GIMMICK? Ugh. Please get Vince McMahon away from my beloved NXT show... although Regal stealing his food for him to shrug and pull out a candy bar was the non-Enzo moment of the night

Match of the Night goes to... nobody since this was all jobber garbage, but shoutout to Jessie McKay, who may have a nice future here. Can't judge much from a 4 minute squash but damn good showing from the lady. GREAT to see Becky's still around, she's solidified herself as up there with Charlotte and Sasha and deserves all the credit that those two do.

Baron Corzzzzzzzzz

And Samoa Joe's WWE debut sucked! :yay: Welp... good luck with Owens... I guess... lol

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Know on this set of tapings, they've been using these viginettes (sp?) to build up a Sasha match on the 3rd taping, but her boyfriend had an injury at the Center and they had to write her off to be with him.
OK with that, but... good lord does this division need her. Badly. WHERE IS CHARLOTTE?

But she's the champion and besides the last PPV, she hasn't been booked like a good champion, even before her fiance had the accident. Charlotte's probably been with the main roster- I'm sure that I read somewhere that she'd been doing dark matches with them.

Snowman1

Reaction score
But she's the champion and besides the last PPV, she hasn't been booked like a good champion, even before her fiance had the accident. Charlotte's probably been with the main roster- I'm sure that I read somewhere that she'd been doing dark matches with them.

Oh, no. :sad: Poor Charlotte. Gone too soon.

The booking of Sasha has indeed been really poor. IMO it's not hurting her as champion, it just sucks.

In theory the idea of scaling back on the established girls to get the new ones ready is a good one, but... Come on, NXT. Break out of this slump