NXT TV on USA Network Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Except for Shafir and Duke, the NXT women’s division is awesome

Yeah I just finished AEW Dynamite and was already spoiled on what is going on with the ladies with Wargames can't wait to see it. I rather would of wanted to see Kairi and Asuka team up with Shayna to weave in the Program with Kai and Nox. Kairi and Io being former rivals with her and now being asked to help her out would of been amazing when it comes to story. I feel they dropped the ball with that, and I have a fear when the Wargames happens we will be talking about how bad Shafir and Duke are and losing ourselves within the Match.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm pretty excited for the women's WarGames match mostly just bc I didn't want ANOTHER Undisputed Era one...personally wanted Imperium against British Strong Style (with someone cool as the fourth man), but this is cool too. I do hope something happens in storyline to take Shafir and Duke out of it tho bc they could bring the whole match down...such a shame they didn't take to the business like Rousey and Shayna did

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Another great show this week as usual. At least WWE has one great show although Raw was pretty good this week

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Solid show, Priest vs Dunne and Nese vs Garza were both super fun and that main event was good too.

Next week looks really good.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Another really good show, especially that main event and the ending with the Bullet Club tease and Cole laying out both AJ and Ciampa :mark:

Nice to see Taynara getting a win for once and also nice to see Santana Garrett back, plus I thought they built the two WarGames matches up really well this week, especially the women's one. I said it in the WarGames thread as well, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Dakota Kai turned heel after everything that happened this week and ended up being the final member of Team Baszler.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Taynara Conti and Santana Garrett? :cenafap

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Taynara Conti and Santana Garrett? :cenafap

It's just Taynara now, she's the most recent victim of losing half her name

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's just Taynara now, she's the most recent victim of losing half her name
Should be losing more clothing instead of last names. :vince4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Here's how you increase ratings @TripleH
EIzYcu1WsAEDF2u

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Watching the show now. Priest and Dunn are tearing it up!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I came out of Priest and Dunne’s rematch thinking Dunne is still one of the best wrestlers in the world for my money. And to his credit, Priest really brought it as well. When this feud started I actually thought Priest was just going to steamroll Dunne to get him established as a huge threat, like NXT often does. Thankfully, it has been a very evenly matched feud so far and there’s definitely at least one match left in this thing. The question is, how does Dain fit into things? Because at this point he’s made a rival out of both of these guys.

Dakota Kai and Shayna Baszler both looked good in their match up. It was great to see a little more edge out of Kai’s character and the amount of offense she got in on Baszler bodes well for her legitimacy. Baszler came through with some good looking joint attacks and throws, mixing in the nasty stuff when she needed to. I wasn’t into the aftermath of this one because they just did that same brawl last week, and I’m also not into Yim so that just completely missed the mark for me. But, it seems like Kai being left out is going to be a set up for something else down the road. Could even see Kai becoming the fourth member of Team Baszler.

Great showcase for the cruiserweights between Garza and Nese. Garza continues to grow on me week by week. He sure seems like someone who will have a bright future in the company if WWE fully gets behind him. Having said that, I’m sure he isn’t going to beat Lio for the title on his first try, but I do expect him to get there before long. And on a side note, it’s great for the cruiserweights becoming a part of NXT, these Full Sail fans are really giving them some proper respect.

Mauro calling Swerve the “Flyest In The Room” might be a step too far. I’ve always figured his name was inspired by Travis Scott, but now you’re giving him nicknames inspired by Travis Scott song titles. At least try a little bit of subtlety. Anyways, Scott and Dijakovic had a very solid match, though the finish might have been slightly over indulgent. They’re both likely to thrive in WWE. I’d say Dijakovic might have the upperhand due to his size but Scott has a special charisma that I think should help elevate him. If nothing else, I can see Scott racking up accomplishments down in NXT. The main roster could be a different story.

And what a six man tag in the main event. Ciampa, Riddle and Lee defending their turf against The OC was absolutely exhilarating. Matt Riddle was the standout of this thing, there’s no question about it. I was jacked when he caught fire and was laying into Styles and Anderson. Man, he should be WWE Champion right now. That ending was really well put together too. Leave fans wondering where Finn’s allegiance is, if he has any. At this point he could be tied to The OC, he could be a lone wolf, or he could even be the next member of The Undisputed Era. I think all three are possibilities right now. Way to keep developing that story, which I think is quickly becoming one of the most interesting in all of wrestling right now.

A really good episode this week. Next week we get Yim vs. Shirai in a ladder match and Garza vs. Rush for the Cruiserweight Title. That’s already looking like a damn nice show and I’m pretty sure neither of those will be the main event.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Don't you wish with all the momentum that NXT gained for Survivor Series and Takeover you want to see it all get settled this Weekend I'm I right? Man did NXT this Week start off with a bang as we saw The OC and Undisputed Era fighting. Who told Bobby Fish to put Blood pills in his Mouth because that splat of blood was hilarious, but it might be real considering I heard Fish had a Tooth knocked out during that fight? You see that happen then The OC show up and Team NXT shows up as well. Ciampa saying Welcome to the Main Roster is the truth for real. I'll put up the Matches and Memories from NXT since it's beginning vs The Main Roster anyday of the Week.

Dunne vs Priest. Now I've gone on the Record saying Priest hasn't impressed since his Debut, but his Matches with Lee and Dunne has turned the corner for me. WWE doesn't have alot of Hispanic talents that are getting over these days and Priest might be the guard with Angel Garza that will be the change of all that. Dunne matches up so well Priest and he's improving Priest with every moment out there. I loved how Priest wanted to score the victory again the same way and Dunne was ready for it and used it himself to get the win for himself. Dain coming out and beating down both guys has me wondering if a Triple Threat is in the works because I can totally see Priest vs Dain next Week to settle those problems.

Taynara Conti vs Santana Garrett. The Debut of Santana who I've seen in Impact and Stardom who is a solid talent, but Conti looked like a fucking star in this one and made me completely forget about Santana really quick. Now if the looks don't kill, her Submission Game and Striking Game is starting to develop more and more. V-Triggers I need to see more from her, as Conti is moving up in the World. Baszler vs Kai was a good bout with what was on the line it sucks Kai didn't get a surprise win somehow. Kai showed plenty of fire and swagger during this one. I loved how Kai was fucking with Shayna and she should considering her experience, why would see fear any lady or guy in Wrestling give it to her. Mia Yim showing up I pegged her to turn Heel and join Shayna, but seeing how Kai acted after it could be her turning Heel here. WWE loves...loves to do best friends turn enemies, and I can easily see even Kai showing up at Wargames to help out and boom she drops Nox and Team Ripley loses Wargames.

Garza vs Nese. The Cruiserweight Division getting some shine during this Week's NXT. Nese is a solid talent, but he's not on Garza's level I feel and that's due to him not having a Character still. He'll give you a good to great Match, but he won't keep you consistently interested in a feud. You know a talent is getting over when everyone is standing wanting to see what a Wrestler is going to do. I mean did anyone see those guys stand up when Angel was going to take off his Pants? They got their wish later and Angel picks up the win over a former CW Champion. Angel loves to play around, but when it's game time he knows what to do along with Lio Rush. I just can't see him winning the CW Title right off the bat, but hey anything it possible. Can't wait for next week for that Match!

Dijakovic vs. Scott. I really enjoyed this one and I'm happy to see Swerve get in plenty of Offense vs Dijakovic who could be still battered and bruised from the Wars with Keith Lee. I don't know what is the overall long plan for both guys, but I'm very interested. Team NXT vs The OC was a cool Main Event. All the guys really worked hard in this one and made me want to see a program in the future with Riddle and Styles! Balor showing up was perfect who does he want to work with or is he rolling by himself? The Story progression of that alone has been a major thing that is winning me over going forward. Best spot is that Pounce that knocked Styles and was it Drake so sick as well. Onto next week familia!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Solid stuff this week building towards WarGames as opposed to Survivor Series for the most part. Dijakovic replacing Riddle is fine with me bc Riddle/Balor should be awesome but it/s pretty obvious that was supposed to be Gargano. Oh well, solid last minute fix on NXT's part. The women's ladder match and stuff at the end kind of fell flat for me, the match overall was fine just not anything special. KLR being the final member of Team Baszler after they swerved us thinking it would be Kai was also fine...I'm just not a big KLR fan so it's whatever to me. Bayley finally laying someone out after getting wrecked for a few weeks was cool, but that was kinda rushed I'm assuming cause the show was ending.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Alright so right off the bat we get the NXT Cruiserweight Championship match. Loved this battle. Angel Garza’s charisma really shined through in this match. He’s someone who I thought was pretty raw and nondescript when he first showed up, but the last couple of weeks he has proven to be a really strong total package who should have a very bright future. Lio Rush still doesn’t really do much for me from a character standpoint, but I give him all the credit for being an exciting in ring worker. Clearly with that finish, this feud isn’t over just yet and since a lot of the big stars on the brand will be tied in the two War Games matches, hopefully Rush and Garza’s rematch takes place at TakeOver.

I’m a Xia Li fan. I love her look and her moveset. Aliyah… ehhhh. There’s some potential there and honestly, I could see them doing something with this “Gen Z icon” thing they touched on. But it’s gonna need some refinement. The match itself here was really just whatever. They both looked incredibly green. I saw Aliyah got busted up from that finishing kick but it still looks to me like Li got her in the shoulder and then her shoulder hit her face. Regardless, I’m pretty sure Aliyah and Vanessa Borne’s comments on Twitter about Li being unsafe were a work. You know, because they’re boujee Gen Z-ers so they have to be extra soft and have a poor work ethic, yada yada yada. I’ve always felt like when you get a legit injury in wrestling, you might as well take it and run with it, so kudos to them if that is indeed what they’re doing.

The whole War Games-focused portion of this show was great. Balor and Riddle’s stuff was great. The war between Keith Lee and Roderick Strong was muy bueno. Strong is one of my top picks for Wrestler of the Year in 2019. Dude has always been a sensational worker but these last two years as part of TUE, he has been absolutely killing it. Now, I’m not real sure about Dijakovic becoming the final member of the face team at War Games. He’s been heel for the longest time, and though you could say this wasn’t a face turn and instead he just wants a chance to be in on the action, I just think he’s a weird fit alongside those other guys, minus Lee who has a deep history with. At the same time, there aren’t a lot of options out there but if it were up to me, I would have gone with Isaiah Scott instead. But I’m quickly becoming a bit of an Isaiah Scott stan so I’m biased in that regard. With Matt Riddle out of the match too now, maybe Scott can fill his spot.

And speaking of Scott, I was happy to see him pick up the win over Bronson Reed. Both of these guys have the makings to be big time players down in NXT. They have that exciting brand of offense that the Full Sail crowd eats up. I think this match showed that the brand is in good hands going forward. Scott needs a new theme though because that late early 90s pseudo-hip hop electro “Pump Up The Jam” style song seems pretty damn unfitting for him lol. I mean if they’re going to rip off Travis Scott for his name and nickname, at least give him a more brooding, trap sounding entrance theme.

I really thought the scene with all the War Games women laid out was pretty hilarious honestly. People just running around screaming for medics, like that shit was super unrealistic and exaggerated. In that situation I feel you only need like one or two people yelling for medics, not a whole flock of people scrambling around like someone just opened fire out there. I mean, it’s a harmless segment in the grand scheme of things, I just thought it was really hilariously carried out.

As for the main event ladder match, I was definitely into it. I thought it was great to see the fans behind Mia so aggressively, although I don’t care for her myself. The match had a good amount of drama and was laid out really well. I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s one of the best ladder matches I’ve seen in years but it probably is the best women’s ladder match I’ve ever seen. There certainly aren’t any others springing to mind at the moment. I thought Mia’s bump off the ladder through the ladder on the outside looked absolutely devastating. I don’t feel any particular way about Kay Lee Ray joining War Games since I don’t follow NXT UK much and Bayley’s appearance at the end of the show was a dud for me since I think she’s been poor as champion.

Anyways, hell of a show this week. NXT seems to be getting better and better lately, which I’m happy to say after my interest in the show kinda fell off earlier this year. It’ll be real intriguing to see what comes after War Games and Survivor Series. Seems like there’s a healthy chance Keith Lee could be next in line to challenge Cole, which I’d be very much down for. The women’s division is a different situation. Is Rhea going to be a permanent fixture on NXT going forward? If so, I’m definitely pulling for her to finally dethrone Shayna.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I was really smiling from ear to ear throughout that Garza/Rush Match for sure. We've seen glimpses of what Garza could be, but I knew he had this great Match in him, because he purposely held that side of him back unleashing it out to everyone this Week. When we get the Rematch high money Garza takes home the gold and makes me shed a box full of Tissues. Garza vs Rush will be a Match I remember come talks about Match of the Year talks for sure. Yeah I've been get this girls off my TV feelings towards Borne and Aliyah for a long time now and it sucks that the accident from Aliyah is some kind of way for them to be relevant still in NXT. I just don't see any potential in either lady right now, as I think could Xia Li could be something and could use this as a gain that if you mess with her you leave with a busted up face.

Strong vs Lee was fun of course. I always love see the contrast of styles coming together and seeing if the Soup tastes good, and boy it did at least for me. Strong is making a great stand as NA Champion right now and come the time Dream returns we are in for a treat of a feud if Dream doesn't become the last guy in Team NXT like I predicted weeks ago. Reed vs Swerve I was happy with as well showing that the NXT Roster will keep being the place to see all kinds of styles in Wrestling. Even though I'm not really sold on Reed just yet, I can totally see WWE making him the next big monster for them going forward. Swerve just has mood when he comes out that makes me want to get hype. He doesn't need say he's the shit, but he is is..almost like he has the It Factor without telling us we just know it.

I second the chaos with the mugging involving the NXT ladies this Week being funny. I did question welp who attacked who, because it almost felt like they were saying some ladies from Raw or Smackdown came in except Bayley did a number on them, but we never saw that be answered on the Show. The Ladder Match with Yim and Shirai was so perfectly executed. They didn't need to do a whole bunch of high stops, but rather more both ladies tiring out the other and trying to go for the Briefcase later in the Match. Usually in Ladder Matches you see high spot after high spot and the competitors going for the prize like crazy, but I liked how that happened later when it made sense. Beth Phoenix please stop talking, lady didn't like Kay Lee Ray attacking Mia Yim, but clearly forgot Dakota Kai getting involved minutes before wake up lady. Still brutal when it needed to be, while also having KLR show up which makes Team Shayna super dangerous at this point. KLR is a Technical Wizard with a mean street, she'll have plenty of fun in Wargames. Bayley showing up was due, because she has been an afterthought in that Three Way at Survivor Series, but blame WWE for that. It could of been on purpose, but come on you don't have Bayley during that sitdown with Shayna and Becky and not Bayley? Granted I haven't been impressed by this new Bayley so she needed something for people not to forget her.