NXT TV on USA Network Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Not if it was just a good TV main event earlier in the year, NXT has a lot of those and I'm drunk for them more often than not. If the champ retains and no feud comes of it I could forget

Well that's fair. Drunkenness will do that to you.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
So back on topic, Walter/Kushida was fire huh? Can’t wait til the show gets uploaded on the network

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So back on topic, Walter/Kushida was fire huh? Can’t wait til the show gets uploaded on the network

Way weaker show than last week obviously bc there really wasn't any topping that, but it was still a good show. Cruiserweight title to open the show and the main event were easily the two best matches of the night, especially the last few minutes of the main event

Reactions: Cwalker

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
WALT and Kushida had a hell of a match, that was good stuff. There were times where they had me and I thought Kush might’ve got an upset.

Opening cruiserweight title match was real good too I’m happy that Lio won, I also dug Swerve vs Roddy.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Does anyone know what time the show usually gets on the network? I’m tryna catch it before work.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Does anyone know what time the show usually gets on the network? I’m tryna catch it before work.
Tonight at 10PM Eastern is the Network premiere. I'd venture a guess that's when it get added, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tonight at 10PM Eastern is the Network premiere. I'd venture a guess that's when it get added, but I could be wrong.

I think that's right except for I was thinking it was like 8 PM for the premiere instead but if that's what network says it won't be any earlier. Watchwrestling probably has it up tho CW

Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I’m digging babyface Lio Rush more than I probably should. Good for him winning the belt.

Kushida/Walter was as good as advertised. I’d pay to watch them wrestle again.

I’m assuming Rhea Ripley is the one to take the belt off Shayna cause there is literally nobody that Shayna hasn’t beaten at this point.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't love Lio Rush winning the Cruiserweight Title this quickly upon returning. I didn't even agree with him getting that number one contenders match in his first match back, because there's no basis for him to get that shot. I also love Gulak so I'm pretty down on the whole situation. But I hope the best for Lio and I'm sure as time goes on, I'll forget all about it and grow to appreciate his reign.

Rhea Ripley looks like a million bucks. At her age, with her look and her presence, she should have a very prolific career in WWE. Hopefully she gets that belt off Baszler in November.

Loved Breezango's entrance this week. I'm still not vibing with The Forgotten Sons. Usually NXT are so good with these monster tag teams but these guys have made no impression. And I like Jaxson Ryker at least. But their gimmick is super fucking vague and their ring work is not up to par with the other teams in NXT at this time.

I dig the Lynyrd Skynyrd gimmick for Cameron Grimes. Wondering when he's going to start wrestling actual matches though. I know he's got a good amount of talent. Sucks for ol' Boa, getting squashed in five seconds by Grimes and then getting wrecked by Killian Dain after the match.

Swerve and Roddy really brought it. I loved the stiff exchange they had early on in the match. I loved a lot of Swerve's innovative offense as well. That should carry him well as he continues to grow and develop his character to complement his in ring skills. What I did not enjoy about the match was the predictable involvement from The Undisputed ERA. I've had enough of their antics at this point. They can have great matches (especially Strong and KOR) but their nWo-level fuckery has turned me off of them a lot. I mean, in this match, they didn't exactly get their hands dirty, but their presence throwing off Swerve was just unneeded.

The Dream thing was alright. I was much more interested to see Ciampa come out again. But then he didn't really do much either so... whatever.

WALTER vs. Kushida was fun, and it's pretty dope to see these two go at it here in NXT. Both men vaunted for their international/indie work, but probably never would have faced off if not right here. The dynamic of this match worked splendidly. I maintain that I want to see Imperium in War Games this year. I just don't know which four opponents they would have. Obviously Kushida fills one spot. Breezango have been sort of intertwined with this thing so far, but I'm not sure. I just know I'd rather see Imperium in there this year than The Undisputed ERA or Bazler and her goons.

A good episode this week for certain. I'm still not really engrossed in most of these storylines though. The Undisputed ERA stuff is just boring to me at the moment. WALTER vs. Kushida is cool, but I couldn't really tell you what the basis of this feud is, to be honest. Then there's Priest vs. Dunne which sounds like it could be a good match but I have my doubts about Priest's character. It's got a cool presentation but just like The Forgotten Sons, it seems like the concept is so vague. What would you call his character? It seems like the description would just be "edgy guy who rambles about infamy", similar to how The Forgotten Sons are "big angry guys with an unspecified agenda". And then it looks like Keith Lee and Dijakovic isn't done yet either and as much as I like both of those guys, I really don't need to see them wrestle each other again for a while.

Great in ring product as always, but the storylines on this show are doing absolutely nothing for me.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Decent opener from Ciampa and Garza to start this show off

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Super fun match from Lorcan & Burch vs Barthel & Eichner

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Mauro calls Io The Genius of the Sky, he should start calling her The Evil Genius of the Sky since her heel turn.

Either way, Evil Io rules