NXT TV on USA Network Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
A tv show. Jesus.

giphy.gif

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I decided this morning to rewatch this and man did they do some great things during this Show. Candice getting the big win over three top Contenders in a good opening was great to see. Not gonna lie in saying, I didn't want Io to win, but I can wait for Candice to beat Shayna and them giving us that again Months down the line. I really didn't go hooray for Grimes/Lee showing up because I never thought he was all that special with Impact. Now he has the talent, but I hope they give us more of the douchy Character he showed in the Indies rather than what I've seen so far.

Strong vs Dream was a wonderful Match. Strong was the perfect guy to lead with Dream who he has great chemistry with the Ring. Even with the interference at the end, the Match was great to watch as you saw Dream before our eyes becoming a even better performer. You can't not like Strong winning his first Singles Title with WWE, from living in a Trailer Park to NA Champion that's a great story to see. Dream losing the NXT North American Title opens the Gate for him to face Cole, even though Strong might be a guy he faces too if they go with Strong not liking UE getting involved in his Matches more. I still think Dream wins the NXT World Title leaving Cole and Strong to feud and cause problems within the ranks with the other members.

Dunne vs Ruas. Ruas had a good showing again like he did with Riddle Months ago and I wonder what is the plan for the guy? Riddle and Ruas matched up well I felt and it's a win win for both guys during this Match. Aliyah vs. Xia Li pretty skipable not for Li, but Aliyah who does nothing for me when I see her during NXT Shows.

The moment WALTER, and Imperium showed up talk about a Bolt of Lightning that was put into everyone watching. Let's be honest what else did WALTER have to face in NXT UK? I watch that weekly and I thought welp how much longer will they keep him away from other talent not in NXT UK. I'm glad we are getting him on NXT and KUSHIDA is the perfect guy to be his dancing partner. You look at the size difference and the story is told already. KUSHIDA needs this just as much as WALTER does, and it's going to be exciting how that plays out for both guys.

Rush vs Lorcan. Personally I rather wanted to see a Mult-Man Tag with the 205 Cruiserweights, and even though putting Rush in there felt like really..really, but it worked out. Rush was energized for the Match as you saw during the Match itself and Lorcan played up his role as well. Gulak will do great with Rush and he'll pull no punches with Rush on the Microphone and I expect like I saw during this Show, the people getting behind Rush more and more wanting to see him dethrone Gulak.

Dain vs Riddle. FUCKING CHAOS! I guess we'll have to wait to see Dain vs Riddle truly one on one for another time, but it teases a NXT vs NXT UK Wargames style of Match possibly. I wanted to get me some in there with all the brawling going on for sure. As much you would love to see a true Match for a Main Event, it shows once again watch NXT you never know what you might see next!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I am a little surprised that Riddle/Dain has the number one contender's stipulation for next week, so I'm definitely assuming Riddle wins there and I'd love him vs Cole, but I still expect Cole to win. I'm with you saying Dream should be the guy to take the belt off Cole, and if Riddle doesn't get the WarGames title shot, Dream should win the belt then or at the Rumble TakeOver (except I've heard they're replacing that with another World's Collide so that may not be an option)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I just watched this on their YouTube where they did an "Injury" report from the live show which included Kona Reeves suffering a legit possible orbital bone injury as he got busted open under his eye pretty bad, but they also had Arturo Ruas on there with some finger injuries due to Pete Dunne which are definitely kayfabe so I'm unsure if Dream's is kayfabe or not since the video clearly included kayfabe and non-kayfabe injuries

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I just watched this on their YouTube where they did an "Injury" report from the live show which included Kona Reeves suffering a legit possible orbital bone injury as he got busted open under his eye pretty bad, but they also had Arturo Ruas on there with some finger injuries due to Pete Dunne which are definitely kayfabe so I'm unsure if Dream's is kayfabe or not since the video clearly included kayfabe and non-kayfabe injuries
Perhaps they keep him under wraps until he magically gets drafted.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Perhaps they keep him under wraps until he magically gets drafted.

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I'd still like him to stay in NXT a bit longer and win the championship from Adam Cole towards the end of the year and the beginning of next year. He's so young, I don't wanna rush him to the main roster but I can't argue that he looks like he's been ready for a little while now

Reactions: Vegeta

Sabretooth

Reaction score
All I fuckin want is Johnny gargano on the main roster lol. The guy has literally given his fucking soul to NXT. What he's done for that brand he deserves a push. If there's anyone they could/should call up in the draft it's Johnny.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All I fuckin want is Johnny gargano on the main roster lol. The guy has literally given his fucking soul to NXT. What he's done for that brand he deserves a push. If there's anyone they could/should call up in the draft it's Johnny.

I love Johnny, so this is not a knock on him at all, but I really can't see him fitting in on the main roster like at all. I've been proven wrong before by guys so I won't say it's not possible, but I can't see him doing anymore than being on Main Event or something, his peak might be a US title reign when it's at it's more irrelevant cycles AKA not when AJ is the champion.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I love Johnny, so this is not a knock on him at all, but I really can't see him fitting in on the main roster like at all. I've been proven wrong before by guys so I won't say it's not possible, but I can't see him doing anymore than being on Main Event or something, his peak might be a US title reign when it's at it's more irrelevant cycles AKA not when AJ is the champion.

So you want him to be in NXT forever

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So you want him to be in NXT forever

If it gets him used and not losing to the Lucha House Party on Main Event like EC3 just did then yeah I'd prefer that then him never getting to have a match go longer than 10 minutes. Granted I also can't see much more for him to do in NXT, but I'm just scared for how irrelevant he'll be made on the main roster. But like I said, he could prove me wrong, and I hope he does

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's a developmental show
Let's see......

TV show on big cable in two hour primetime slot?
Multiple PPV's in major arenas
Established their own merchandise brand for all performers

AEW is a development show too????? :whoa