NXT TV on USA Network Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This main event is fire too, I'm hype they let it go over the time :mark:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
CIAMPA AND HIS FIRE THEME BACK :mark: bruh this episode was insane

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Wale and Street Profits :banderas2

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fuck a dude named Finn, Ciampa gotta get Goldie back around his waist :homer:

Reactions: Jimmy King

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Yeah I like Finn but Ciampa needs to be reunited with Goldie

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
If I had to compare NXT vs AEW Dynamite in terms of quality of Wrestling NXT clearly had the better product. I never thought any Match from last Night was something I needed to skip. Cole vs Riddle was a banger some people might not like the moment with Riddle and Cole unleashing Signature Moves towards the other and kicking out of them. I'm not a stickier with that when you're dealing with high pain thresholds and adrenaline in the moment I enjoyed that moment during Match and before then the Match was good and it got even better from that moment on. It makes me happy to see that Riddle vs Cole killed it to start off the Show and their are plenty of room for even more greatness between the two bravo fellas.

First time ever if memory serves me right first time one on one Match between Shirai and Yim. Shirai keeps her momentum going with the win and Yim after that flat Takeover Match she had with Shayna came out looking strong as well. Gargano/Thorne was really disappointed in not from a Gargano perspective, but from Thorne. For a guy who pounding at his Chest telling people he is great, he came up pretty small I thought vs a NXT Legend. He did put up a solid fight, but I just hoping and wanting to see more from him.

Baszler vs LaRae. The Bully vs Babyface with a chip on her Shoulder. Crowd hot for a Title Change and both ladies played their roles well another great bout involving the ladies on the same Show. People are saying Dakota Kai might be the one who stops Shayna, but those same people like me thought Candice would be chosen one and she still might do it, just not right now. Kai I feel is too bland a Character right now she needs some time to find her niche before we start putting the NXT Women's Title on her. I don't know Dunne vs Birch I started to fall asleep because my sleep schedule is fucked these days, but with what I saw both guys loved to hit the other with pleasure and it was something a little different compared to the other Matches during the Show.

The Undisputed Era vs The Street Profits. Man had The Street Profits have come into their own these past few Months as a Team. They no longer feel like the rooks rather the veterans out there, and they just got beat by the better team and smarter one at that. The Street Profits will day not be victims of surprise appearances rather they'll be able to get the upper hand with it. Still a damn good Main Event where it could of gone either way. Just like Balor showing up made my Mouth drop, Ciampa showing up made my Mouth fly to the Moon as its a possibility Cole might be defending his NXT World Title vs two different eras of NXT.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
WWE NXT preview, Oct. 9, 2019: Can Lio Rush dethrone NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak?

20190926_NXT_DrewGulak_LioRush--c8e3459e316ff412b6ff945e22b00d56.jpg

NXT’s live two-hour premiere on USA was one for the ages, from the shocking returns of Finn Bálor and Tommaso Ciampa to the three thrilling championship battles that had the NXT Universe on the edge of their seats. The action heats up once again this week, with NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak putting his title on the line against Lio Rush. The Man of The Hour was impressive in his win over Oney Lorcan to earn the opportunity, but can he overcome the ruthless Philadelphia Stretcher? Find out on WWE NXT, live tonight at 8/7 C on USA!

Lio Rush will face one of his first major tests since returning to action when he challenges NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak tonight on WWE NXT,
The Man of The Hour made his return to the ring after a sabbatical on the Sept. 18 edition of NXT, defeating Oney Lorcan in a thrilling battle to earn the right to take on Gulak for the title. During his dominant reign, The Philadelphia Stretcher has declared himself the law when it comes to the Cruiserweight Title. Will Rush be able to enact his own change in the Cruiserweight division and dethrone Gulak?

Kushida and WALTER to clash on NXT

20190926_NXT_Kushida_Walter--2d1eaf62d252e9abf64e55dbac1a1d1c.jpg

WWE United Kingdom Champion WALTER and Imperium have made their presence felt in NXT since its debut on USA Network, mainly at the expense of Kushida. Tonight, the Japanese Superstar will get his chance at retribution when he goes one-on-one with The Ring General.
When Imperium first wreaked havoc on NXT three weeks ago, Kushida put a stop to their mayhem, taking out Alexander Wolfe, Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner, before slipping out of WALTER’s clutches. However, he would not be so lucky the following week. Though he and Breezango bested Wolfe, Barthel & Aichner in Six-Man Tag Team action, Kushida ended up on the receiving end of a big boot from the WWE United Kingdom Champion.
Will the outcome be the same when Kushida and WALTER lock horns?

Isaiah “Swerve” Scott to battle Roderick Strong

20191009_NXT_StrongScott--d6972b7fd5ca929ace126f72d32d0390.jpg

NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong will be in action tonight on USA Network, when he takes on Isaiah “Swerve” Scott in non-title action. The match was announced on WWE’s The Bump, which streams live on WWE Network, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter Wednesdays at 10 a.m. ET.

Scott has made major impressions since his arrival in NXT, with big performances in the NXT Breakout Tournament and against NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak on 205 Live. Strong has made waves himself, dethroning The Velveteen Dream as North American Champion on Sept. 18 and bringing The Undisputed ERA one step closer to completing their prophecy of gold. Despite Strong’s victory, Dream has vowed to reclaim the title.
Will “Swerve” continue to show why he’s one of NXT’s fastest rising Superstars and fast-track himself toward a title opportunity, or will Strong smash his speedy foe’s back into pieces and send a message to The Velveteen Dream?

How will Finn Bálor’s arrival impact NXT?

20191002_NEXT_Balor--d0b9c163f2a11f62a4f46ade96b1e230.jpg

Last Wednesday, Finn Bálor shocked the world when he confronted NXT Champion Adam Cole with a simple message: “As of now, Finn Bálor is NXT!”

What does The Extraordinary Man’s arrival mean for the future of the black-and-gold brand? Will he be looking to dethrone Cole and become a two-time NXT Champion?

How will Tommaso Ciampa’s quest to regain the NXT Title continue?

20191002_NEXT_CiampaCole--03a791d7e43be5504b0342b44d34e94d.jpg

Adam Cole’s night didn’t get any easier after Bálor’s arrival. As the NXT Champion arrived on the scene to celebrate with The Undisputed ERA after Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish’s successful NXT Tag Team Championship defense, the party was cut short by the return of Tommaso Ciampa.
Unlike Bálor, The Blackheart had nothing to say upon his return from neck surgery. Instead, he slowly paced around Cole, his eyes locked on the championship he had to forfeit because of his injuries. Will Ciampa’s quest to reclaim “Goldie” continue this week?

Can anyone stop Shayna Baszler?

20191002_NEXT_CandiceBaszler--480547303d3b9429205da6bcdc41cf37.jpg

Despite a spirited effort from Candice LeRae, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler retained her title in a thrilling battle.
As The Submission Magician’s reign rapidly approaches the one-year mark, will a new challenger emerge to try and dethrone The Queen of Spades? Find out on WWE NXT, live tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So it is the NXT Cruiserweight Title now? :whoa

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Those 3 announced matches all look pretty fire, and I'm interested to where Ciampa and Finn go from their awesome returns. I'll be here live tonight

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So it is the NXT Cruiserweight Title now? :whoa

There was no 205 after SmackDown last week even though it had been advertised so maybe so.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
There was no 205 after SmackDown last week even though it had been advertised so maybe so.

I noticed on Friday when I went to add the preview.

This preview definitely refers to it as the NXT Cruiserweight Championship. Just makes more sense to me. Especially with NXT being 2 hours now.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I just checked the Superstars page and Gulak is listed between Strong and Undisputed Era in the NXT Champions section and he’s listed there as the NXT Cruiserweight Champion. It’s official. :mark:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I noticed on Friday when I went to add the preview.

This preview definitely refers to is as the NXT Cruiserweight Championship. Just makes more sense to me. Especially with NXT being 2 hours now.

It's just weird bc they were advertising up even on the day of and then a little before SmackDown aired they removed all their previews including the matches that had already been announced and tweeted about so it seems like a last minute change. Like I said before, while I wasn't a fan of 205 getting killed, if it's to bring more talent to fill 2 hours of NXT instead of more jobber matches on the show then I'll be cool with.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man Ciampa's return still gives me chills, the moment was so awesome and then you combine the crowd reaction, my own opinions of Ciampa, and the fact that I didn't expect him back nearly this soon :mark: