NXT TakeOver: Portland Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I also heard they were stopping doing the Mania weekend Takeover shows too

As far as I can see, they're still doing an NXT TakeOver: Tampa. You can buy tickets at least.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why let other companies leech a night on their Mania weekend?

Naw.....Takeovers should never leave the big 4 weekends.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Card looks legit amazing. Might be the best Takeover yet?

There's not one match that doesn't look good on that card, and there is multiple I think could steal the show. I already think WrestleMania won't be able to compare. I've literally not seen such a stacked card in the longest time.

Reactions: Showstopper

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
Card looks legit amazing. Might be the best Takeover yet?

There's not one match that doesn't look good on that card, and there is multiple I think could steal the show. I already think WrestleMania won't be able to compare. I've literally not seen such a stacked card in the longest time.
Same here. Looking forward to all of the matches, literally, which is kinda insane. Match I'm most looking forward to though is Gargano/Balor. They should tear it up. And with Balor as a heel and not booked like he was on the main roster, it has even better potential. Really can't wait for that one (and the entire card as awhole).

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I also heard they were stopping doing the Mania weekend Takeover shows too
Ok so maybe I wasn’t tripping.

But I did a google search and there is a Takeover: Tampa scheduled.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Same here. Looking forward to all of the matches, literally, which is kinda insane. Match I'm most looking forward to though is Gargano/Balor. They should tear it up. And with Balor as a heel and not booked like he was on the main roster, it has even better potential. Really can't wait for that one (and the entire card as awhole).

I think it'll be Gargano/Balor, but I also could see the Women stealing the show as well. I think the Street Fight will really elevate it to new levels. It's actually crazy how many matches on this card could steal the show. Aside from the Tag Match, I honestly feel as though every match could be believable as a main event. That is insane.

Reactions: Showstopper

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I'm mainly watching this for Dakota Kai's match. I LOVE that my girl is finally getting a spotlight!!! :homer2:

• Love
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
I think it'll be Gargano/Balor, but I also could see the Women stealing the show as well. I think the Street Fight will really elevate it to new levels. It's actually crazy how many matches on this card could steal the show. Aside from the Tag Match, I honestly feel as though every match could be believable as a main event. That is insane.
Hell yeah man, I'm pumped for this show. Should be a really, really good one. All of the matches seem like they could at least be 'good.' Should be a really strong show. :)

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm mainly watching this for Dakota Kai's match. I LOVE that my girl is finally getting a spotlight!!! :homer2:

I'm loving Dakota right now. I never imagined her being so good as a Heel, but she feels natural, and somehow got hotter in the process. Even if she goes back to being a face, I hope she keeps the same style. It's hot and really suits her.

JjXTDLA.jpg

Hell yeah man, I'm pumped for this show. Should be a really, really good one. All of the matches seem like they could at least be 'good.' Should be a really strong show. :)

I think I'm maybe even sleeping on the Tag Match, I seem to do that a lot with Undisputed Era. Often times their matches will get overshadowed and then they come out and put on a literal tag classic. Riddle & Dunne are both good, especially Dunne. I love that we can get work ourselves with excitement for a Takeover and not get let down. You can't do that with the main roster. You have to say "Be realistic" to yourself. Usually the only PPV's where I let up is Rumble & WrestleMania as it's hard for me to not have fun.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the tag title match was the best match of this card tbh, all four can go like crazy.

Reactions: Cwalker

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Pretty stacked card.

The only match that I don't care for is the Balor/Gargano match. Everything else, i'm all for.

Keith Lee vs. Dijakovic is a match that can happen over and over again and I wont get tired of. They just work well together.

You better believe that Bianca Belair is going to be motivated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
What’re the odds that Charlotte runs in on the Woman’s title match causing a DQ and we get a Triple Threat at Mania?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What’re the odds that Charlotte runs in on the Woman’s title match causing a DQ and we get a Triple Threat at Mania?

Not likely IMO bc I don't think Bianca is ready for that despite how much I love her.

Now a triple threat match with someone else added somehow I could see, they still got time to involve someone else after this weekend without it feeling too rushed.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Not likely IMO bc I don't think Bianca is ready for that despite how much I love her.

Now a triple threat match with someone else added somehow I could see, they still got time to involve someone else after this weekend without it feeling too rushed.
You’re right in the sense that maybe she’s not ready for the big stage but I can’t see Charlotte winning the NXT Women’s belt and I think Rhea ends up going on the road soon.

A 12 minute Triple Threat can hide her weaknesses and get the belt on her. Cause that needs to happen sooner or later.

Or I could be very off base and she loses clean again.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You’re right in the sense that maybe she’s not ready for the big stage but I can’t see Charlotte winning the NXT Women’s belt and I think Rhea ends up going on the road soon.

A 12 minute Triple Threat can hide her weaknesses and get the belt on her. Cause that needs to happen sooner or later.

Or I could be very off base and she loses clean again.

I mean I'd love it for sure, I just can't see WWE going with that....they probably haven't realized they've booked themselves into a corner with Charlotte/Rhea one-on-one yet and they'll worry about it when they notice 8D

• Haha
Reactions: Cwalker