NXT Takeover: New York Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah but I shouldn't be marking for it when one guy does it bc I want it to be an every match thing :side:

edit: wrong quote this was meant to be shields about selling my bad
It should be an every match thing, but maybe if we mark enough it will be. :side:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Gargano on that Rock Mania x7 kick out levels tbh.

Gonna have to shoot him with an uzi to keep him down at this point.

Reactions: Chris

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You guys should have seen me when I got super heated because Orton tapped out when looking at the clock of an iron match with like 8 seconds left. I was so mad. Like I could take a sledgehammer to my TV mad. This was also in the middle of me really hating Cena. :hhh5:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
honestly it's gotten to the point where I know shit isn't happeneing until I see him do apron spots.

Like how I know Cena doing the first AA means nothing in a big match.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Rocky was stupid superman in that match, but at least he lost. The story being Austin had to kill him with the chair to win.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I wouldn't be surprised if they do that spot where they use the fireworks gun to blind Johnny to beat him.

Or maybe we bring back the cattle prod. :side:

Reactions: Deezy

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think this might have been the most successful TakeOver discussion we've ever done! :mark:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they do that spot where they use the fireworks gun to blind Johnny to beat him.

Or maybe we bring back the cattle prod. :side:

How bout they take a gun and put a bullet right between his eyes?

• Haha
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't hate it at all, I just feel like he's most "NXT" guy on the main roster currently so I used that as an example

Well that's fair, I definitely get that. He does have a bad rep for no selling and all that which, you know, I understand, but it doesn't bother me much. I am entertained enough by him to look past his shortcomings in psychology at times.

As far as this being a sign of the future, I'd argue it's peaking right now with the level of success NXT, British and Japanese wrestling are experiencing. The main roster has definitely adapted elements as well. We're seeing more suicide dives, planchas and top rope moves than ever. We also see a lot of offense taking place on the apron and on the floor. They also overuse the spear through the barricade spot nowadays. The "fighting spirit" thing is huge and pretty much a go-to for any match that promotions want to give a legendary feel to. I mean, I think tonight's main event was a gross misuse of it and probably the most over the top version I've seen. Usually it's fine and really effective at getting you drawn in. But it's a delicate balance in doing just enough and too much. All in all, I think it's a phase we're experiencing and I feel like scientific wrestling and story telling will become more prevalent once the shock factor of this style dies off.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Whew lad. :stephena2:

This post-show has certainly entertained me.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well it's been a complete opposite of days for me the last 24 hours, from having a shitty day to a great one today getting off work, to enjoy NXT Takeover: New York. It's a blessing to be able to lay down and rest and be stress free even for me one day. Man are we spoiled as fans people between NXT, Wrestlemania, and all the other Wrestling Companies I have to watch as well in the coming day from their Shows this weekend, we should take the time and look around how much Wrestling we have these days. I'm so wrecked from watching NXT Takeover, I might have to push back my new project I have to do here, and push back NJPW, Impact, Stardom etc till tomorrow. LET'S DO THIS!

So the opening NXT Tag Title Match to start off the Show was downright amazing. Seeing these two teams break the formula of the usual Tag Team Match, to a back and forth killer of a Match was fun to watch. I swear I thought the War Raiders nearly killed Ricochet[heard he's hurt?] when they did modified Doomsday Device on him landing him on his Neck. I thought for sure he was done there and Black saved him with The Warriors's Way! That's one hell of a way to end the run for Black and Ricochet in NXT, as The War Raiders are looking like unstoppable forces that might never lose those Tag Titles great stuff here.

Dream vs Riddle. Can I say first please stop Dream with these sexy ass Entrance you're making me question my sexuality hehe. No seriously loved this Match, early on it both guys looked a little lost what they wanted to do, but once they found their groove it was perfection especially in the second half. We got to see Riddle not put him with the Mind games from Dream, we also saw him lose control and be frustrated like never before. Riddle showed shades of grey in this one, and if "The Bro that runs the Show" turns Heel I wonder if people will buy it? Dream can do that make a Wrestler lose his mind, and Riddle is used to winning and if he doesn't get it, he could become a spoiled brat and that could be great to see develop. This feud is just starting people enjoy it, because I see it getting better like Dream fighting Riddle barefooted like Tyler Bate once did at the first Super Strong Style I watched from Progress!

Dunne vs Walter. Something different from everything else on the Card and on the Show by this point still a good Match. We knew Dunne would give everything he had, but he couldn't handle the Tsunami named Walter as the Match went on! Violent and raw like it needed to be as one long reign ends, another has begun and that should put fear into all his future opponents now that Walter is Champion.

NXT Women's Fatal Four Way. Code Blue WWE doesn't know what they are doing with the NXT Women's Title in my opinion. If ever the moment to change the Title to one of the other ladies in this Match, this Takeover was the moment for it. I'm saying that because Shayna Baszler has been very inconsistent at times, and looks to be lost in Matches and Promos when you need your Champion to be the opposite of that. Even in this Match she was the least memorable Wrestler in this Match yet she retains? What do you do now with her seeing as though she's defeated everyone? Also I thought it could be a great time to make Bianca a Heel too because I don't see her as a Face she's all Heel. I guess WWE is holding back her turning because of Shayna, but what now for Io and Kairi who were great as well in this? The tease of their tension had me wanting to faint, but Kairi I imagine is leaving and Io is staying unless WWE has something big up their sleeve like Triple Tails 2.0 with Asuka making her a Heel on Raw who knows. Still a questionable decision to have Shayna retain let's see what is next for all these ladies.

Cole vs Gargano. The journey is complete for Johnny Wrestling! Even though it would of been great to win the NXT World Title over Ciampa beating Cole is just is great. Struggle in life leads to something great if you want it hard enough and Johnny earned this so much. I'm so afraid when this guy comes up WWE doesn't capture his magic that he has on NXT. Damn good Main Event thanks for making me sweat through my shirt.