NXT on the Road?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It really depends, I mean if the tickets were dirt cheap, and I mean like DIRT cheap, I'm talking like $10 a pop here, then yeah I'd go. Why not? But I can't see this as being a financially viable decision. Because no one in their right mind is going to pay the full price of a typical WWE ticket just to see NXT, that's just not going to happen, no matter how infrequently they come to town. NXT is probably better off being mass-produced out of a single arena with multiple tapings per day since it's not really a high-demand product. But I'll give it a chance to see how it does. I'm just not expecting a whole lot from it unless they plan on having regular WWE superstars make more appearances on the show to boost interest in the product.

If they were to do it I would assume they would charge a lot less than they do for RAW and Smackdown. Something like $25 front row and then $15-$20 for a regular ticket, price it similar to what indy companies in the area do but with a slight premium. That is why I think the idea of adding one of the WWE Legends under contract to each house show would be a good idea, adds a bit of name value and something extra for the fans. I doubt it will be a regular thing, maybe once every few months just to test the waters and see if they can break even at least.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I read about this the other day, and I found it intriguing. There's only so many times you can run shows in the Florida area, so taking it on the road, giving people exposure to NXT if they've never seen the current crop of talent before, could do well for ratings of their TV show. And it could also generate new people turning upto Full Sail for an NXT Taping.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Meh, I really doubt ratings will be affected significantly. Alternating venues isn't going to change that because as far as the viewing audience is concerned, it's still the same show. If you put mustard in a ketchup bottle, it's still mustard.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Meh, I really doubt ratings will be affected significantly. Alternating venues isn't going to change that because as far as the viewing audience is concerned, it's still the same show. If you put mustard in a ketchup bottle, it's still mustard.

I think this is more akin to a territory like system, where they run a few select towns to get their youngboys experience of working infront of different crowds and getting them ready for a full WWE travelling schedule, why would they care about ratings for a show that is only shown on their website in the States?

Your argument isn't cutting any mustard tbh.