NXT is coming to USA Wednesday's 8-10 starting September 18

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If investor confidence isn't there for a head...the stock would implode or a vote of no confidence happens....not happening.....I'll trust the judgement of the people who know him over someone making assumptions because he read something on a newsletter.

Also.....lol, what am I supposed to do with a fucking sellout post? "Good for them?"....what a fucking stupid post that would be.

Notice nobody says shit too when I post WWE quarterly reports..... :whoa

Funny how that works.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I honestly think it's too early to judge AEW though. It's easy to come out strong since they have new company hype. We'll see if they can maintain good quality as time goes on.

Reactions: Cwalker

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
A newsletter? hell I make my judgement over what I see on TV each week.

I honestly think it's too early to judge AEW though. It's easy to come out strong since they have new company hype. We'll see if they can maintain good quality as time goes on.

This I can agree with. Like I never said AEW is going to be this amazing thing. Just I'm excited for it. I like plenty of what they showed me so far. Weekly TV will be hard to do for sure, and I hope they can get going good. I want NXT to do good as well. I want wrestling as a whole to do good. The better both companies and all these shows do, the better it is for us fans.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Shhhhh......don't bring up anything about maintaining anything....it's nothing but a home run here.....nothing wrong.

Don't be a hater.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If investor confidence isn't there for a head...the stock would implode or a vote of no confidence happens....not happening.....I'll trust the judgement of the people who know him over someone making assumptions because he read something on a newsletter.

Also.....lol, what am I supposed to do with a fucking sellout post? "Good for them?"....what a fucking stupid post that would be.

Notice nobody says shit too when I post WWE quarterly reports..... :whoa

Funny how that works.

Except no matter how "bad" WWE storyline are, I think it would be pretty fucking hard for the company to tank so bad that investors vote no confidence. As long as WWE is doing "well" then investors can praise Vince but as a pure wrestling fan, I want a great product on my tv. Just because WWE is doing well doesn't mean they're delivering a great product.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegeta

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A newsletter? hell I make my judgement over what I see on TV each week.

This I can agree with. Like I never said AEW is going to be this amazing thing. Just I'm excited for it. I like plenty of what they showed me so far. Weekly TV will be hard to do for sure, and I hope they can get going good. I want NXT to do good as well. I want wrestling as a whole to do good. The better both companies and all these shows do, the better it is for us fans.
So you base business success on what you see on TV? :rock3

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Except no matter how "bad" WWE storyline are, I think it would be pretty fucking hard for the company to tank so bad that investors bore no confidence. As long as WWE is doing "well" then investors can praise Vince but as a pure wrestling fan, I want a great product on my tv. Just because WWE is doing well doesn't mean they're delivering a great product.
No shit....that's my entire point.....bitching and moaning about the "quality" of storytelling.....doesn't negate what the bottom line is......if you're going to paint anything with broad strokes like that....you'll look silly.

If they're making money hand over fist....someone's perspective of what they are watching on TV....doesn't mean much in the long run.

Which is why I've never knocked AEW selling out shows.....

But then again, I'm not getting any buyrates or quarterly reports for them.....which is weird.

Last edited:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So you base business success on what you see on TV? :rock3

I base what I like on what I see.

Is WWE having success sure, but let's face it..it's not cause of the quality of programming they put out. WWE's name helps a lot like I said. The Saudi deal is helping a lot as well. I mean Fox is even worried they just paid to much for Smackdown, and that ain't nothing I read in a newsletter, that's something that came straight from Fox people themselves. WWE won't ever die because they got the name value to help them live on. But that doesn't mean the shows are great either.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Quality of entertainment is subjective.....I'm fine with what I'm watching for the most part....outside of Seth Rollins being the epitome of "getting your shit in" instead of storytelling and the odd unfunny skit.

Simply going..."well thatvsucks, so it's a failing" without looking at the bottom line is just my opinion which doesn't mean you are right.....it's just being myopic.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The WWE name is what helped them get a lot of these deals they got man, Vince at one point was great and I give him credit for what he built. But the dude has slipped a lot over the years. Can he still come up with some great ideas, sure. But a lot of his stuff sometimes is really hit or miss, more so miss. He doesn't know how to book people sometimes, and a lot of times the wrong people get pushed. I still love the company, and I mange to find something about each show I like, or at least something going on in the product I like.

Now as far as loving everything The Elite guys do, I don't even do that. But it just seems that you and @KeepItFresh only come in there to talk shit. Anytime they do something good, or sell out a show, or something I hear no praise. Nothing, you just keep shush. Now KIF said he did like the Cody/Dustin match, that's good and I'm glad he did. So the way you talk about how no one gives Vince credit for the good, you're the same way with AEW. Checkmate.
I’m bias in this entire argument but I would like to know what you mean by “the wrong people get pushed”

Do you mean people that you want pushed aren’t getting pushed?

Reactions: Deezy

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
This may be your best post ever

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m bias in this entire argument but I would like to know what you mean by “the wrong people get pushed”

Nah, I mean honestly I like Seth...but him being double champion and stuff right now is the wrong move.

They are people I'm not a fan of, like Asuka who deserves a better push than she's getting as well.

Nothing to do with who I like or don't like.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Of course it is....it's the "we know better" mentality......

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Nah, I mean honestly I like Seth...but him being double champion and stuff right now is the wrong move.

They are people I'm not a fan of, like Asuka who deserves a better push than she's getting as well.

Nothing to do with who I like or don't like.
Ok. Follow up question. And these are legit questions.

What makes someone deserving of a push?