NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bringing this shit back with a massive bump, got like 6 weeks of this to catch up on.

August 8th

• Digging that opening package with all the guys talking about wanting and needing to be the first NXT Champion, makes the belt seem important. Good shit.
  • Gabriel/McGillicutty, this should be good. Gabriel rocking tassels on his boots, seems very old school. Holy fuck that inside cradle into the Perfectplex was fucking beautiful. Very good match.
  • Ohno's match was ok, was expecting more of a squash than a somewhat even match. Nice elbow for the finish.
  • Awesome Ascension video package, seriously need to be on RAW before long.
  • Divas tag was meh, nothing of note.
  • Dallas/Mahal was ok, about as good a match as you can expect with Mahal involved.

August 22nd
  • Cesaro/Bateman was fine. I know this was done quite a while ago but I feel like Cesaro has plenty of potential .
  • Another great video highlighting the NXT title but this time done by actual superstars. Good stuff.
  • Tamina/Sofia. Ok match, really dunno why they released Sofia though as I think she has it all to be a Divas star.
  • Ohno/Carter. Liking Ohno's camo coloured gear. Surprised at them giving KO balanced matches and not squashes, but I guess it's better that way.
  • More hype for the title, shame they can't do that with the midcard titles.
  • Time for Michael McAwesome and his sweet music. First time i've ever seen him a botch a move too. Very fun match, these two teams should be getting used more on the main brands.
  • Nice promo setting up the NXT Finals, done a really good job of getting the belt over

August 29th

• Hunico/Camacho avenging their tag loss from a couple of weeks ago. NXT seems to be doing a good job of booking the tag matches they have and for the most part they're all good. This was one of the weaker ones i've seen though.
  • Ascension with the sweet beat down of The Uso's, make's them look pretty badass.
  • Big E Langston is just weird looking, like for real. Sweet finisher though.
  • Bringing out Fink, Dusty and the whole NXT roster for this title match, certainly making a big deal of it.

Will add in the NXT Title and other shows at a later day.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll attempt to keep this thread updated each week as well. Let me start off by saying you guys need to watch Kidd/McGillicutty from this week ASAP!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video=youtube;fjsLYXgnzHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fjsLYXgnzHs[/video]

Funny little promo video.

TKK

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Trent back, I've been a fan of his for a long time now and I'm hoping that he gets something going on NXT.

By the way, Cody Rhodes vs. Rollins last night got rave reviews. The match stayed one on one until Ohno laid out Cody and it was made a triple threat. Rhodes hit Ohno with the Cross Rhodes and Rollins threw him out to take the victory.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
September 5th
  • Steamboat/Ohno was uneventful as far as the match goes and wasn't really a fan of the finish. Post match assault was good and I liked how they brought Ricky into the ring after looking pissed
  • Paige/Audrey Marie was nothing to mention other than that sick ass DDT from Paige to win the match.
  • Backstage segment with Ohno and The Dragon was good, loved Ohno asking him if he was going to armdrag him :lmao
  • Saddens me how generic Percy Watson looks now, I miss the old Percy who first debuted on NXT 2 as he had something about him, this version doesn't. Still not sold on Leo Kruger either, cool finisher though.
  • Asencsion/Uso's was a really fun tag match. Dominated largely by the heels while the faces eventually get the hot tag. Nice finishing sequence too.
  • Nice little promo by Seth to finish the show. Keep flip flopping on this guy, but there's doubt in my mind he could be a star for the WWE on the main roster with their backing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't know about you guys, but Ohno has been NXT's Daniel Bryan lately for me in the sense that he's what I look forward to most while watching the show. His "What are you gonna' do, arm drag me?" line made me actually lol.

TKK

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but Ohno has been NXT's Daniel Bryan lately for me in the sense that he's what I look forward to most while watching the show. His "What are you gonna' do, arm drag me?" line made me actually lol.

Ohno is fucking money and he has been for quite some time, I don't care what anybody says. Richie Steamboat is benefiting sooooooo much from their angle.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I'm not so high on Steamboat. I think he's a solid talent, but definitely don't see any star potential, and he will always be compared to his dad, no matter what. Hell, after the backstage segment, I'd be good with a Ohno/Ricky Steamboat feud. Or at least let Ricky talk for Richie since his mic work is a tad better.

DashX

Reaction score
Just saw this past episodes nXt and I thought it was pretty good. It was great to see Trent back, I am loving the Usos vs. The Acension feud, and the main event was good.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Usos/Ascension feud has been very enjoyable actually, and it's made me an Ascension fan where I wasn't before. Still not big on the Usos though, but they've been pretty good in it as well.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
September 12th
  • Great little opening match between Jey Uso and Kenneth Cameron. I'm loving this feud and how it's now branching out into singles matches to keep it going and not becoming stale.
  • Standard Big E squash. I really don't want to like this guy, but I do. His squashes and the 5 count thing he's got going on are quite interesting though.
  • Garrett Dylan, this jobber reminds me of Trevor Murdoch. First time i've ever enjoyed Sandow, feels like more of a fit for NXT than he does the main roster.
  • Tyson / McGillicutty time and it's getting about 12 minutes :mark: :mark: :mark: Another quality match between these two, I don't think I could ever get bored of watching these two go at it, amazing chemistry.

Side note, I thought the crowd was excellent on this show and we're hot throughout the night. Seemed to be a few odd chants that I couldn't make out, but they were great, something which I don't think they have been since moving to the smaller arena.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's been announce Hulu Plus will air the episodes from now own starting in October, when Ion also will beginning airing the Wednesday show they are now advertising along with the new and final season of Flashpoint

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Gonna' edit this post with thoughts on the most recent episode as I watch it.

- First match was pretty good with McIntyre vs Steamboat, I enjoyed it and loved the ending, but that's because Drew won and I'm biased as fuck. Ohno/Steamboat was progressed nicely though. NXT is doing a damn good job with the few feuds they've started so far.

- Big E Langston vs Aiden English is next, and holy shit Langston is over as fuck with this crowd, they obviously love the five count gimmick. This match was what you would expect, I really don't care for Langston, not that there's really anything wrong with him, he's the black Ryback, but therefore becomes kinda' useless since WWE is already doing Ryback. Wish they'd get different jobbers though, English jobbed to Ryback last week, and I actually like that guy, feed them the shitty ones.

- We get a promo spot for CM Punk on the show next week, looks awesome.

- McGillicutty/Rollins segment here. This match will take place next week. McGillicutty's promo was decent at best, didn't sound very into it. Rollins cut a pretty good one once he came out, definitely got the crowd into it. Decent segment, I didn't care so much for it though. McGillicutty needs to cut some more promos like the ones he did during his feud with Kidd.

-We get a short, pre-recorded interview with Gabriel and Kidd taped before the show aired in an empty arena. At the end, The Ascension's music plays and the lights go dim. The Ascension show up in the balcony and the two teams have a staredown :lmao that was great.

- Ohno vs Percy Watson is next, but Ohno gets attacked by Steamboat before it starts. Regal puts him over huge and plays a nice heel commentator talking about how Ohno wanted to start the match despite being attacked before it. This was fun to watch, and fuck, I mark every time Ohno elbows someone.

- Ascension vs Kidd/Gabriel is our main event tonight. This was real good, I've become a huge fan of The Ascension since their feud with The Usos, and Kidd/Gabriel are probably my favorite team not named Friendship, so I definitely enjoyed this one. I do wish it was a little more balanced, I understand why it wasn't, and I'm fine with it, but I think I would have enjoyed it more with a little bit more of Kidd's awesome offense, what we got was still great though, and Kidd getting killed for 5 minutes was worth an awesome hot tag to Gabriel. Ascension's finisher is pretty fucking awesome, I swear that was my tag team move on like Day of Reckoning, but I've never seen anyone in WWE actually use it until now.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
September 19th
-
Trent/Curtis. I'll just leave this simple and say it was solid. Not really into either guy so I was kinda just waiting for it be over.
-Paige/Alicia. Thought it was a pretty good Divas match although I was expecting that given the women involved. I don't care what anyone says, I think Alicia is properly talented in the ring and I think Paige could be a success on the main roster.
- O'Brian/Uso. Wasn't really feeling this match despite the feud being pretty great. Finish looked rather on the weak side aswell.
- Sparring Session with Kassius Ohno. Bleh, was expecting much more from this, pretty let down by it.
- The South African Dude (forget his name) looks to be getting repackaged judging from that video package. Kinda creepy with a dash of retardation I got from it. Looking forward to seeing it though as I haven't thought highly of him at all previously.
-Rollins/Victor. I know this match was set up because of the slap on Rollins the week before, but has this Victor guy even had a match on NXT as I can't say I can recall him doing so. Has something about him in this match, but he kinda reminds me of Gunner from TNA. Got a damn load of offense in during the match, thought it was going to be him getting his ass kicked for the majority.

September 26th
- Mike/Bo. Nice arm work by McGillicutty from the mid point of the match onwards. Bo sucks though, or should I say he's as interesting as a blank sheet of paper.
- Weird promo Package on Paige, came across as very heelish which is the total opposite reaction she actually gets.
- Kruger/Carter. Kruger seems instantaneously better with this more deranged gimmick he's got going on, some wonderful facial expressions.
- Ryback looking legit pissed these jobbers ripped his singlet :lmao
- Kassius/Steamboat. Very fun match, thought the ending and after match stuff was good. This feud is building nicely but Steamboat just reminds me of Bo Dallas, uninteresting.

October 3rd
- Drew/Steamboat. Two pretty uninteresting guys but should be good to see Drew going at it. Good booking with having Kassius interfere at the end to cost Steamboat the match. Feels bizarre seeing Drew win.
- Big E Langston time, best get a 5 count. He does, I love it when he does the 5 count himself :mark:
- The Ascension perving on Kidd & Gabriel from the window :lmao
- Percy Watson, god this motherfucker has fallen into a giant pit filled with blandness. Bring back Showtime, that motherfucker was EPIC. Steamboat attacking Ohno from behind for the 2nd time in the day, cheap bastard :hm: Can't keep a good man down though and Kassius delivers an elbow that Wade wishes he could do.
- Kidd&Gabriel/Ascension, this should be good.

October 10th
-
BOring Dallas vs Curtis? No thanks, skip that.
- Kaitlyn & Alicia on the same team? Thew new WGTT. That was quite a good Divas tag match actually, miles better than what you get on the main shows. All impressed me.
- Yeah I can get behind this Leo Kruger deranged gimick, that promo after the match in the spotlight was very simple but effective.
- Rollins vs McGillicutty with JR, Regal AND Punk on commentary, fuck this better deliver. Yeah I really enjoyed that, delivered for me. Wasn't expecting that finish either, thought it would finish with the standard Blackout.

October 17th
-
Alex Riley vs Jinder Mahal? No thanks.
-
Jake Carter vs Trent Baretta. Urgh, no interest in this either but i'll give it a watch. Carter looks so much like The Miz at times it's bizarreconsidering he's the son of Vader lol.
- Sandow time, I enjoyed him last time he was on NXT. That's quite a big ass jobber he's facing, he's being talked up a fair bit so I guess he must be a someone in FCW at least. Well i'll be damned, this is quite a competetive match not a squashfest I was expecting.
- Ascension and Ohno vs Uso's and Steamboat has potential. Both of these feuds have been pretty damn good so far and been built well, nice variation to put them in a six man. Hot start with them rushing the ring. Ohno bitching out of the ring and tagging in O'Brian :lmao Steamboat is fucking terrible, watching him try to unleash his aggression after being tagged in was cringe worthy. Nice finish with Ohno nailing the elbow from the apron though.

Last edited: