NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Vince's Devils were doing TBP act long before TBP and KOs were ever introduced. They were doing it to Ashley. Trish was doing bitchy, I'm better looking, than you shit to Lita as a heel. Sable was doing it for years as the first diva with all the women that want to be me stuff. Moolah was doing it first as kif pointed out. The act though isn't a rip off TBP since they weren't even close to doing it first or as big. Torrie, Victoria, and Candice did it bigger in terms of exposure before Angelina, Velvet, Madison, and Lacey even were tv regulars, people just have short ass memories

Raquel reminded me of Ariel in the role down to how they had her dress with the red and black as part of Ascension and I thought it fit, but eh she can make this work. I mean no one including Eddie himself thought he had the charisma to pull off Latino Heat but he did

As for Creed, I find it weird that he is in the opening video and still hasn't been seen.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm not saying there weren't similarities, but The Beautiful People's thing was "Cleansing the world, one ugly person at a time." That's much more similar to Raquel's "Exfoliating Ugliness Tour" than anything Vince's Devils did. The Vince's Devils/Beautiful People comparisons should really stop once you get past "Faction of 3 hot girls."

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They were about targeting the trash divas, how Ahley got called Trashley to start with. Trish just came bak and steam rolled them, but their initial thing was Ashley wasn't a diva, was ugly, lacked the look, and had to be erased from the ranks,

Aniking

Reaction score
NXT - Episode 6

We start the show with Byron Saxton and William Regal on commentary.

Match #1 - Johnny Curtis & Michael McGillicutty def. Bo Dallas & Derrick Bateman. Pretty short match. I liked the pairing of Curtis & McGillicutty and think that they worked well together. They punished Dallas to start with, then Bateman unleashed on Curtis, but Curtis & McGillicutty got the win after some heel tactics while the referee's back was turned. Dallas showed absolutely nothing, Bateman not much either, but I thought there was something there for Curtis & McGillicutty as a team. Look for them to tag more in the future.

Jim Ross now on commentary with Byron Saxton and William Regal.

Match #2 - Antonio Cesaro def. Alex Riley. The crowd loved Riley during his entrance and so did Aksana by the looks. She seemed to be eyeing him off, which is interesting. The match was fairly even early on before Cesaro began to work over Riley for a couple of minutes. Riley got back into it but Aksana distracted him and the result was a victory for Cesaro. To me Cesaro is a little rough around the edges, but I don't really wanna say anything else in case I make myself sound stupid when speaking about a guy who's loved on the Indys. Again, I don't know a whole lot about the in-ring craft in any great detail.

Backstage, Briley Pierce interviewed Kassius Ohno. Ohno spoke about the fresh faces, but that something's missing - an element of danger. Ohno says it's what he brings and that he's the most dangerous man in sports entertainment. He said he's on NXT to inflict pain and enjoy it, as well as hurt people. Very good promo.

Again backstage, Matt Striker interviewed Drew McIntyre. Striker said McIntyre's time has passed and that guys like Rollins carry the torch into the future. McIntyre says everybody's been talking, talking, talking and that the talking ends tonight. Bit of a nothing promo that failed in hyping the main event.

Match #3 - Sofia Cortez def. Natalya via countout. I hate to judge Diva's matches because I have trouble siting through them. I know it sounds disrespectful, but the division really doesn't interest me. From what I saw, it was a decent match with a few unique pinfall attempts, which was cool to see. Natalya got more offence in, which is why the ending was wierd with her refusing to get back into the ring, therefore getting herself counted out.

After the match, Natalya jumped into the ring and locked on the Sharpshooter.

Jim Ross no longer on commentary.

Match #4 - Conor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron def. Dante Dash & Garrett Dylan. This match was a squash. It started out with O'Brian blocking every move Dash attempted, before the two began to dominate. Dylan never got tagged in. The match didn't end with the combined finisher O'Brian & Cameron ended their previous two NXT matches with (read back through my past posts to understand what I'm talking about). They're a pretty intense team and are pretty unique, which is refreshing.

Video package hyping Big E Langston. He said he doesn't see his matches as a challenge and therefore trains accordingly. Couldn't hear the rest because my family's noisy.

Jim Ross back on commentary.

Match #5 - Drew McIntyre def. Seth Rollins. Both Regal and JR continued to talk up McIntyre pre-match, saying he has unlimited potential and is a future WWE Champion. They also brought up he has had issues in his personal life but has come out the other end a better man. Now as for the match, Rollins started off and actually looked impressive, which he really hasn't been on NXT thus far. Return from the ad break and McIntyre now has control. Entertaining part in the match where both men were down, then McIntyre kipped up, then Rollins, and when McIntyre turned around he copped a kick to the head. The final few minutes of the match were fairly even but quite entertaining, but in the end McIntyre hit a pretty vicious Future Shock DDT to win. Best match of the night.

So that interference by McGillicutty back on Episode 4 to distract Tyson Kidd has again come to nothing, so it looks like it was pretty pointless. That's the only end that the WWE hasn't tied up, but it was good to see the continuation of hyping Langston's eventual debut as well as the proposed match between Cesaro & Riley. Speaking of the matches, they were better than last week, but so was the show as a whole. A few quick matches, most not too bad, as well as two backstage segments. Fairly balanced show and overall was better than last week, with the main event and Ohno's promo being the standouts. No hints for next week other than possible matches for Langston and Ohno, but nothing concrete. Saxton did say that next week Dusty Rhodes has a huge announcement, which would probably be the introduction of the NXT Championship.

After six episodes, the NXT records stand at this:

Conor O’Brian: 3-0
Jinder Mahal: 3-0
Kenneth Cameron: 3-0

Antonio Cesaro: 2-0
Leo Kruger: 2-0
Sofia Cortez: 2-0

Camacho: 2-1
Michael McGillicutty: 2-1

Seth Rollins: 2-2

Bray Wyatt: 1-0
Corey Graves: 1-0
Darren Young: 1-0
Drew McIntyre: 1-0
Hunico: 1-0
Jake Carter: 1-0
Justin Gabriel: 1-0
Kassius Ohno: 1-0
Raquel Diaz: 1-0
Tamina: 1-0
Titus O'Neil: 1-0

Johnny Curtis: 1-1
Richie Steamboat: 1-1

Bo Dallas: 1-2
Derrick Bateman: 1-2
Tyson Kidd: 1-2

Alex Riley: 0-1
Garrett Dylan: 0-1
Heath Slater: 0-1
Jason Jordan: 0-1
Jiro: 0-1
Kaitlyn: 0-1
Natalya: 0-1
Nick Rogers: 0-1
Percy Watson: 0-1

Aiden English: 0-2
CJ Parker: 0-2
Dante Dash: 0-2
Jey Uso: 0-2
Jimmy Uso: 0-2
Mike Dalton: 0-2
Paige: 0-2
Rick Victor: 0-2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Some quick thoughts on the show this week.

McGillicutty/Gabriel was pretty good, but that's expected. I've become such a big McGillicutty fan over the past year or so, dude is good. Ohno squash was good you know because it's OHNO, but I thought the let Parker get too much offense in, don't think it should have been very competitive really. Divas tag match was nice, Paige being so over really shocked me, and Kaitlyn looked great. Couldn't have cared less about the main event, though it's fun playing the "Take a shot every time Jinder Mahal does a knee strike" game, you should try it sometime.

TKK

Reaction score
McGillicutty and Gabriel is pretty good imo, I wouldn't even seeing him hold the belt though I do feel that guys like Gabriel and McINtyre should be pushed up before others as they have more recognition. McGillicutty is doing well imo, he's really at his best when he lets his actions and mannerisms speak for him. With a mic, well ... just look below.

[video=youtube;YS8HGR4U9GE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS8HGR4U9GE[/video]

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How about we judge his mic skills from something more recent, not two years ago? Look up his "You're not a Hart" promo with Tyson Kidd towards the beginning of the year.

TKK

Reaction score
How about we judge his mic skills from something more recent, not two years ago? Look up his "You're not a Hart" promo with Tyson Kidd towards the beginning of the year.

I just love that promo, but he still does things like that from time to time. He drags on and adds in stuff to his promo that don't have any use. I find him enjoyable in small exchanges, I tend to lose interest the more that he talks. Maybe that's just me. Like I said, I would rather see him put in some good performances than cut promos at the moment because it will do so much more for him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't have a problem with his mic skills at all, especially since he's only had what, like 3 chances to cut a promo longer than a minute this year? I thought he's made the best of all the time he was given during that feud with Kidd and his matches are always top-notch.

TKK

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with his mic skills at all, especially since he's only had what, like 3 chances to cut a promo longer than a minute this year? I thought he's made the best of all the time he was given during that feud with Kidd and his matches are always top-notch.

His matches are great and I enjoy the character. I'm sure that everything else will improve over time, he's one of the WWE made wrestlers to come out in the last while.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Show an attitude and get fired, nice way to run a tight ship as Christina and Ivelesse are now both gone and fired.

I have liked the show so far, just wish they were 90mins long (meaning 15 more wo commercials)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- WWE will tape three more episodes of NXT tonight from Full Sail University in Florida. Jim Ross, WWE Champion CM Punk and others will be there. Ross teased on Twitter that Punk would be doing some announcing.

Both Punk and NXT Champion Seth Rollins, the former Tyler Black, are looking forward to tonight’s tapings. They tweeted:

Punk: “Who’s going to @wwenxt tonight @FullSail ?? I’ll be there. So will @wwerollins hmmmmm”

Rollins: “Tomorrow night @WWENXT descends upon @fullsail once again. @CMPunk will be in the house. So will I. Imagine that…”
Think I'm gonna go out of my way to watch this if for nothing else to hear Punk on commentary.

DashX

Reaction score
Re: NXT from Full Sail University SPOILERS Discussion

I just saw the recent NXT, and I thought it was alright. The main event tag team match was really good, I really like the team of Curtis and MM (I refuse to learn how to spell his name).

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 22/08/2012 - Derrick Bateman vs. Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana)
This was taped before Cesaro won the US title so he doesn't bring it with him. This was pretty solid for what it was Cesaro looked good and controlled most of the match which made Derrick look good. I wish Cesaro would of used more European uppercut. *1/2

Tamina Snuka vs. Sofia Cortez
This is Cortez’s last match in the WWE as she was released a few weeks ago and was NOT happy about it. And i'm not happy about it as well. This was basically a Squash for Snuka, i have no idea why? cause Snuka isn't gonna do anything with this win. Post-match, Raquel Diaz attacks Snuka while her back is turned because she feels Tamina is ugly. DUD!

Jake Carter vs. Kassius Ohno
Another Ohno squash match here, i kinda felt like they want to do anything cause they knew that this is just a filler match and just here to start the Steamboat/Ohno angle. But i must admit Ohno looked pretty badass here with those rolling elbows :mark:. I’m glad his elbow finally got a name. The “Dream Killer” i could wear a t-shirt with that on it. Jake Carter has a ton of talent so it kinda makes me sad to see he's a jobber, but i think they should deff do something with him and his father (THE MAN CALLED VADER) soon. **1/2

Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel vs. Michael McGillicutty & Johnny Curtis
Jim Ross joins the broadcast team. JR calls the Gabriel/Kidd team “Air Force” :lmao only JR. Pretty good main event despite the botched ending. Gabriel and Kidd were good as a tag team, but Curtis and McGillicutty really stood out to me. These two recently teamed on an edition of WWE Superstars and had matching gear, so I really hope they become a tag team. With Reks and Hawkins ending due to Reks’ release, these two might quickly become my favorite tag team. **3/4

Gold Rush Championship Tournament Face-Off
Mahal bores me. His talent is limited, and he has zero excitement factor. However, in the sense of heel vs face, the finals for the NXT Championship tournament make sense I would of prefer McGillicutty or Ohno but WWE has a hard on for Mahal so i will live with it cause it's only a matter of time before they see he sucks. As for Rollins i was never a fan of his even in his ROH day the guy never done anything for me but he does have good matches so i can't really complain. I liked that they had Mahal attacks Rollins but Rollins is able to get the upper hand and knocks Mahal out of the ring before diving on him to end the show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
McGillicutty and Curtis teamed a couple times before NXT Season 5 ended and I just thought they had natural chemistry together, definitely stood out to me as more than just two guys thrown together. Hope they continue teaming as well.