NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll probably end up watching it all because it's only an hour long, but truth being told only the divas matches interest me out of this show =/

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Some quick thoughts on the show:

Tamina vs Kaitlyn was a nice divas match, better or at least as good than most of the stuff we usually get. I especially liked the ending moments. Could care less about Mahal vs Watson, would rather see some newer guys on this show than these two because they really fell flat in their chance on the main roster. Leo Kruger vs Richie was a nice match. I like Richie, but I'm not so big on Leo, interested to see where this feud goes though. Raquel Diaz's character is so stupid and annoying, people are calling it a Beautiful People ripoff, and it is, but at least when they did it it wasn't this annoying. Decent enough match against Paige though. The main event was pretty fun to watch, always loved Slater and Gabriel's matches together, only gripe is the weird ending, but it was solid action throughout.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's a Bella ripoff which is a LayCool ripoff which is a TP ripoff which is a Vinces Devils ripoff which is a Trish ripoff which is a Sable ripoff

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Ugh I find it ridiculous that Raquel Diaz is doing the Dashing gimmick rip-off when she's probably one of the most ugly divas since Jillian hall. Don't buy that at all.

Anyway I watched the latest ep, first one I've watched in a while. Am I the only one who's a fan of Jinder Mahal? The guy's probably the most over heel on the show and I wouldn't mind him winning the NXT title at all.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well he is the heel who has worked the most tapings lol. I don't think she is trying to be dashing, as much as she is bitchy. She would have been with Ascension had Epico not also gotten called up when he did

Aniking

Reaction score
Ugh I find it ridiculous that Raquel Diaz is doing the Dashing gimmick rip-off when she's probably one of the most ugly divas since Jillian hall. Don't buy that at all.

I see her as one of those chicks that sometimes looks really attractive, then other times you just want nothing to do with her. Probably not the best option for the gimmick she's got. She tries to overact too and it really irritated me when watching. I just wanted the match to start.

Am I the only one who's a fan of Jinder Mahal? The guy's probably the most over heel on the show and I wouldn't mind him winning the NXT title at all.

I just can't get interested in him. The WWE can have him win as many matches as they like, but he needs some sort of change for me to actually be able to take him seriously. Don't get me wrong, he is kinda over as the crowd do like to boo him, but I'm still not sure. From what I heard, Leo Kruger would run him close for the most over heel.

She would have been with Ascension had Epico not also gotten called up when he did

Huh?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't buy the whole getting rid of ugliness thing or whatever it is, when I find Paige 10x hotter than her. I mean I look at her face and think to myself, yeah I could spoon the make up off that.

I see her as one of those chicks that sometimes looks really attractive, then other times you just want nothing to do with her. Probably not the best option for the gimmick she's got. She tries to overact too and it really irritated me when watching. I just wanted the match to start.

I just can't get interested in him. The WWE can have him win as many matches as they like, but he needs some sort of change for me to actually be able to take him seriously. Don't get me wrong, he is kinda over as the crowd do like to boo him, but I'm still not sure. From what I heard, Leo Kruger would run him close for the most over heel.

Huh?

Yeah Raquel was originally in Ascenscion, so was Ricardo and Epico.

Aniking

Reaction score
I just don't buy the whole getting rid of ugliness thing or whatever it is, when I find Paige 10x hotter than her. I mean I look at her face and think to myself, yeah I could spoon the make up off that.

I'm still trying to get into Paige. Alot of people seem to find her hot, but I just can't see it yet. Maybe I will in the future, but right now I've got nothing.

Yeah Raquel was originally in Ascenscion, so was Ricardo and Epico.

Wow really? I just can't imagine any of them carrying the same gimmick as Conor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron. Speaking of them, they haven't been used recently. I wonder if we'll see them next week.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still trying to get into Paige. Alot of people seem to find her hot, but I just can't see it yet. Maybe I will in the future, but right now I've got nothing.

Wow really? I just can't imagine any of them carrying the same gimmick as Conor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron. Speaking of them, they haven't been used recently. I wonder if we'll see them next week.

I hope we see them again, I really like them. I don't think they'll remain on NXT long though as I think they'd be good for the main roster.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
[video=youtube;xC9EMwprVFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC9EMwprVFQ[/video]
[video=youtube;cxKOMTZXm-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxKOMTZXm-c[/video]

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score
I hope we see them again, I really like them. I don't think they'll remain on NXT long though as I think they'd be good for the main roster.

They would be good for the main roster, but the problem is there are too many guys on the main roster who are used sparingly. The tag division has only just begun to pick up steam, but I guarantee that it'll die back down soon. I wouldn't want to see them elevated, used for a few weeks, then die off like most teams do.

After watching those videos, I can't take Primo seriously. Diaz fits the gimmick well, but Primo is too out of place for my liking. Thanks for posting those.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Damn. After seeing those videos I would much rather see Diaz in the Ascension. She even looked better then too. Epico...eh, not so much. I'm glad they did what they did with him and paired him with Primo.

Last weeks episode didn't have enough rookies. Kruger and Steamboat were the only male rookies to get time. Mahal sucks and I lose all interest in NXT when he comes out. Next week looks like we're getting some more rookies though.

Oh, and when the hell is the title thing supposed to happen?

TKK

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the picture below is her picture on the FCW website while, she does an Exfoliating Ugliness tour on NXT.

raquel_diaz.jpg

By the way, does anybody else want to see Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed) get a run on NXT? I would take him over Langston and half of the people getting air time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah like I said she's a clear rip off of TBP despite all the other names PSYCH trys to throw in there. She looks so much like Vickie in the face which makes her unattractive but I think it was her quirky look that made me actually like her. Willing to give her a chance though because the gimmick does have potential in the division. Paige on the other hand I keep flip flopping with my opinions so i'm gonna have to see more of her before I make up my mind. From what I understand she's supposed to be a darkish character hence her look, but I swear she was all smiles and hand slaps as she came to the ring and I really thought she overdid the whole screams too. Bit of character work though and she will be an asset given how young she is although it seems like she'll probably be a better heel.

Kaitlyn/Tamina was a decent match but it was weird watching Kaitlyn play the heel as I don't think it suits her at all as she just seems a natural, likeable face who I honestly reckon could be the face of the division before long if they gave her a chance like they have done with AJ. Tamina I want to like because she looks to be a solid hand but I often get the impression that she's just uncomfortable trying to add the entertainment factor in.

I skipped everything else except that Riley/Aksana/Cesaro segment as I didn't care about anyone involved.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, PYSCH's list was a bit all over the place but for what he was going for he should have SAID they were all rip offs of Fabulous Moolah.