NXT Championship rematch!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
A huge main event has been confirmed for NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, as newly crowned NXT Champion Finn Bálor will defend his title against former champion Kevin Owens at the Barclays Center on Saturday, Aug. 22 as part of a special that will be broadcast live on the award-winning WWE Network.
Read More

Well we know the winner don't we...

or do we??

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Cass and Enzo better be winning some titles in Brooklyn though. I mean - how you doin? C'mon!

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol Jobbing Owens out to Balor TWICE? Fuck that. Hopefully there's some kind of shenanigans involved, like Owens just saying "fuck it" after a certain point during the match and deciding to destroy Balor and get himself disqualified since he's more interested in sending a message to John Cena (or whoever his opponent at Summerslam is) the next night than he is in winning back the NXT Championship.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Bálor is the obvious winner here. I'm excited for their rematch.

Although I would've been fine with them not doing it. They could've just jobbed out that lame ass turd Corbin at TakeOver.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Will be fun, but indeed Owens shouldn't be losing again. It's bad enough he got pinned for no damn reason in that tag match last week.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Bálor is the obvious winner here. I'm excited for their rematch.

Although I would've been fine with them not doing it. They could've just jobbed out that lame ass turd Corbin at TakeOver.
Yeah, wtf is the deal with that guy. Sure, he wins quickly against nobodies. Does he have no aspiration to be champ? He hasn't shown any

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, wtf is the deal with that guy. Sure, he wins quickly against nobodies. Does he have no aspiration to be champ? He hasn't shown any

Besides a cool finisher, this guy's got nothing else on him.
Sure, there is the size factor and I know there are some suits backstage that squirt to him, but I have no interest in this guy.
He's completely bland, just like Bull Dempsey.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Besides a cool finisher, this guy's got nothing else on him.
Sure, there is the size factor and I know there are some suits backstage that squirt to him, but I have no interest in this guy.
He's completely bland, just like Bull Dempsey.
I actually kind of like the direction they took with Dempsey being the fat lazy guy lol

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Itami should run interference and attack Owens. They could make it seem like he is exacting his revenge on Kevin, but they could use it to give him a slow burn heel turn. They're planning to do Balor/Itami anyways so its gotta start somewhere. I'm not interested in that likely feud though.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Balor hating on based Corbin. Corbin can work good matches, his house show run with Kalisto proved that. He's being very protected tho because he is very green and he is a long term investment

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I actually kind of like the direction they took with Dempsey being the fat lazy guy lol

Looking back on his indy career, he seems comfortable being a big, fat goof.

tumblr_npvnkovxTE1rg89a6o2_400.jpg

So, yeah, what the hell. Not like I care about the guy. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Trip in the Head

FaieZ

Jobber
Reaction score
I see John Cena interfering in this match. Owens losing wouldn't be good, but I want Balor to win.

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If I had the option of chosing between this show and the ROH show the same night based off of this match and the Roderick Strong vs Okada match: I'd go to ROH, mainly because this might be the only time Strong vs Okada wrestle each other and this would be the third match between Finn and Owens.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure if NXT will be able to top ROH's card (only match I'm kinda scratching my head about is that Nakamura/Lethal tag but whatever). Maybe if they bring in one or two main roster guys.