NXT Championship rematch!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I do hope Cass and Enzo walk out with the tag titles.

I'd rather see Balor defending against anybody else than Owens at Takeover, but I'm good with it. I'm interested to see how they work that match. I still have a suspicion it might end up being a triple threat (I don't know if they've filmed all the shows leading up to it). It's just a feeling I have.

As it is, I don't like faces winning with shenanigans, but I can see Owens losing after interference by somebody. I just know that Balor's got to walk out with the NXT World Championship (see, PWI -- I can do it, too!!!) unless it's a triple threat and the "third man" is going to win it.

My big question/concern is who takes the belt off of Sasha (I just got a mental image of myself taking a belt off Sasha.....it was nice.....not that Mrs. Wacokid27 would approve, but still), but I figure somebody will be doing so at TakeOver. Originally, I figured it would be Becky Lynch (and it might still be), but now I'm thinking it's not going to be her or Charlotte (unless the "debut of the NXT Divas on Raw" was a temporary thing.

wk

Reactions: Leo C

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

I'd rather see Balor defending against anybody else than Owens at Takeover, but I'm good with it. I'm interested to see how they work that match. I still have a suspicion it might end up being a triple threat (I don't know if they've filmed all the shows leading up to it). It's just a feeling I have.

As it is, I don't like faces winning with shenanigans, but I can see Owens losing after interference by somebody. I just know that Balor's got to walk out with the NXT World Championship (see, PWI -- I can do it, too!!!) unless it's a triple threat and the "third man" is going to win it.

My big question/concern is who takes the belt off of Sasha (I just got a mental image of myself taking a belt off Sasha.....it was nice.....not that Mrs. Wacokid27 would approve, but still), but I figure somebody will be doing so at TakeOver. Originally, I figured it would be Becky Lynch (and it might still be), but now I'm thinking it's not going to be her or Charlotte (unless the "debut of the NXT Divas on Raw" was a temporary thing.

wk
I guess it's gonna be Bayley then. Not really sure about it because Sasha has been acting face-ish these days, but it'd be fun (after the injury and all).

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

wk

- The Vaudevillains are actually #1 contenders as of now. So, at TakeOver, I see them walking out with the tag team gold.
And I actually expect Zo & Cass to take away the titles from Vaudevillains at the next TakeOver.

- Bálor vs Owens could end in a DQ. I think Shadow was the one who suggested that Itami would interfere, attack KO, cause the DQ and thus trigger a slow burn heel turn.
If it wasn't for Itami getting hurt, he'd have won that triple-threat that was originally scheduled to happen (Bálor/Breeze/Itami) and he would've won the NXT title in Japan.
Bálor/Itami is gonna happen anyway and having Itami as a heel could work, I guess.

- I think Bayley might be the one to dethrone The Boss.
She's currently dealing with a hand injury, hence why she wasn't called up on RAW this week (at least in my opinion), but yes, Bayley defeating Sasha sounds plausible.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
- The Vaudevillains are actually #1 contenders as of now. So, at TakeOver, I see them walking out with the tag team gold.
And I actually expect Zo & Cass to take away the titles from Vaudevillains at the next TakeOver.

- Bálor vs Owens could end in a DQ. I think Shadow was the one who suggested that Itami would interfere, attack KO, cause the DQ and thus trigger a slow burn heel turn.
If it wasn't for Itami getting hurt, he'd have won that triple-threat that was originally scheduled to happen (Bálor/Breeze/Itami) and he would've won the NXT title in Japan.
Bálor/Itami is gonna happen anyway and having Itami as a heel could work, I guess.

- I think Bayley might be the one to dethrone The Boss.
She's currently dealing with a hand injury, hence why she wasn't called up on RAW this week (at least in my opinion), but yes, Bayley defeating Sasha sounds plausible.

I forgot the Vaudevillains, which is weird, because I really like those guys.

The Itami interference leading to a DQ would be a good way to go, so far as non-finishes go. I don't know if a slow burn heel turn will work for him (although it would be fun to watch for either Itami or Balor to make such a turn) and I don't know that one's actually necessary. The other thing I thought about was Sami Zayn returning (I don't remember how much longer he's going to be out) to cost Owens the win.

Bayley does seem the best option to take the women's title if Sasha and Becky are staying on the main roster (I think Charlotte's a foregone conclusion, but I can see Sasha and Becky straddling the NXT/main roster line.

wk

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I forgot the Vaudevillains, which is weird, because I really like those guys.

The Itami interference leading to a DQ would be a good way to go, so far as non-finishes go. I don't know if a slow burn heel turn will work for him (although it would be fun to watch for either Itami or Balor to make such a turn) and I don't know that one's actually necessary. The other thing I thought about was Sami Zayn returning (I don't remember how much longer he's going to be out) to cost Owens the win.

Bayley does seem the best option to take the women's title if Sasha and Becky are staying on the main roster (I think Charlotte's a foregone conclusion, but I can see Sasha and Becky straddling the NXT/main roster line.

wk

Sami Zayn said he'll be back by the end of 2015/early 2016, so that's a no, I guess.

All signs point to Itami or maybe even Samoa Joe.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I just hope they don't pawn off the championship to Dana Brooke, Emma or Alexa. Not that i have anything against those women, (Okay maybe i do with Dana) but they just don't have the look or the strength that the championship in general represents. It'd be nice to see Bayley with it though!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I just hope they don't pawn off the championship to Dana Brooke, Emma or Alexa. Not that i have anything against those women, (Okay maybe i do with Dana) but they just don't have the look or the strength that the championship in general represents. It'd be nice to see Bayley with it though!

Dana Brooke is just uber-awful. Emma and Alexa, not so much. But still, I don't want either of these 3 as champions, especially Dana.

The sad thing is, shitty Dana will prolly get the title. Because LOL!She's a bodybuilder!

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Dana Brooke is just uber-awful. Emma and Alexa, not so much. But still, I don't want either of these 3 as champions, especially Dana.

The sad thing is, shitty Dana will prolly get the title. Because LOL!She's a bodybuilder!
Not to mention... blonde.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Sami Zayn said he'll be back by the end of 2015/early 2016, so that's a no, I guess.

All signs point to Itami or maybe even Samoa Joe.

In all fairness, I posted that before I saw NXT last night, which is the first time I heard that he would be out for the rest of the year (although he was moving that arm a lot during his promo, which is either hopeful or worrisome).

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
lol Enzo and Cass are going to win the tag belts in Brooklyn. It's in their backyard. The Vaudvillains are going to lose their title shot during NXT TV and we will have a triple threat at Takeover.

Reactions: Leo C

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
lol Enzo and Cass are going to win the tag belts in Brooklyn. It's in their backyard. The Vaudvillains are going to lose their title shot during NXT TV and we will have a triple threat at Takeover.

Makes sense. The next set of TV tapings are goin' down tonight.