NXT 6/12: A Bo-ring #1 Contender

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It baffles me how incredible NXT is as a developmental product. It's by far the best wrestling show in WWE, and it often rivals TNA for rating of the week. I very rarely see NXT get lower than 7's. Weird considering how diabolical NXT was after season 1. Those in charge are doing such a fantastic job. If only such commitment could be put on their main shows, shows which aren't designed to develop talent, but to showcase it -.-.

The main strength to Impact right now (consistency) NXT does a better job of than TNA. It's a guaranteed solid-to-great show every week with virtually no filler crap or Hogan.
There's a lot of variety and very little wasted time. Start off with a well-built (fan-freaking-tastic) rematch. Next segment: Showcase a new tag team! Next segment: Divas' tournament. Next segment: Fairly well hyped title match. Variety. Consistency.

Maybe it's the lack of being able to smart-mark the hell out of it. Maybe it's because it's a self-contained show and it feels like a hyped-up TV match instead of a lackluster PPV match, but the NXT Title matches always get me pumped, even though Big E doesn't do that much for me (unless he's in a long match) and Bo Dallas is the master of X-Pac Heat. (Wonder if when he said "I don't know what to say", that was a cue :haha:)

But the booking... oh, boy, the booking. Cesaro was a boss at playing a big bully character, especially for someone his size. He got a lot of offense in, but they really put over Zayn's toughness. Cesaro gets the win, but poor wittle ol' Zayn looked so good in defeat here that both men got put over in one segment. Then there's a squash, but since the Trailer Park Boys are debuting that's fine, and the simple dynamic of sticking that hilarious French manager with him that doesn't belong at all makes the act really compelling. Then Bayley does a great job of playing up the happy-go-lucky upstart babyface to remind the fans that Alicia's a heel, so next round when Paige defeats her (not a spoiler, just an assumption) she'll beat a jerk AND a former Divas' champion for whatever that's worth. Then the main event solidified Bo's heel turn and let Big E move on from NXT.

WHY CAN YOU NOT DO THIS ON RAW? IT'S EASY! Just hope they don't touch the Dallas character, this is gold.

Reactions: Crayo

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Why are people trying to compare NXT to other shows? It is entirely different and a lot easier to put on an entertaining weekly show in that format as opposed to a show consisting of guys on the main roster on actual tv building towards PPVs

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bo's title win must have been the worst reaction I have seen for a title change in a long long time. The crowd literally turned their back on him the moment he got the 3 count.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Is it just me who thinks what they're doing with Bo is genius? Sure, he sucks in every way possible and he's so stupid but I can't help but laugh at him sometimes. Bo after winning the title: "I don't know what to say but I'M GOIN' TO DISNEY WORLD WOOOOOO!!!" He's so stupid that it makes me chuckle (sort of like Brad Maddox), lmao.

There literally wasn't a single cheer once Bo held the title. He was boo'd so bad and Bo was completely oblivious to it. He still thinks he's NXT top face and he's turning even more of a heel every episode. He's like a variation of Cena and I personally think it's brilliant.

Also, Bayley ftw. Why are they making all these NXT women so damn adorable? I'm hoping for a Bayley and Emma feud, that'd be hilarious. :dawg:

Reactions: Roi and Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Why are people trying to compare NXT to other shows? It is entirely different and a lot easier to put on an entertaining weekly show in that format as opposed to a show consisting of guys on the main roster on actual tv building towards PPVs

I disagree. I also don't think it's right to completely compare them, as there is no pressure in NXT to get PPV buys, but it's not really wrong to compare with TNA. TNA have a lot more freedom and less to lose than WWE imo. I understand why WWE doesn't just drastically change everything about their product, but we have seen TNA do that numerous times. Though I do think the fact this is a developmental show and we don't expect the most entertaining thing ever influences our ratings.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Though I do think the fact this is a developmental show and we don't expect the most entertaining thing ever influences our ratings.

Not to mention it's about a 45-minute show. They fit better matches into that amount of time than trying to fill multiple hours' of a TV slot.

Not trying to compare though, as I agree with D'Z on that issue. Doesn't seem much point in really comparing NXT with TNA or Raw or Smackdown. I just enjoy the show on its own and don't bother comparing it with others since it's a "horse of a different color" anyway, so to speak.