NXT 6/12: A Bo-ring #1 Contender

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
My apologies to all the Dallas marks who are offended by the ti... Oh yeah, there are no Dallas marks. Carry on.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'll post a full write up once I have finished it. But now: My reaction to Bayley

7e02f0ab6e6bce1f5b237cc09e8637d8.gif

She's bloody adorable!

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Full run down:

Sami Zayn Vs Antonio Cesaro: 10/10

I loved this match, Cesaro was showing quite a bit of aggression which added a lot of emotion to the match, Zayn worked well as always and seems to be adapting well to the WWE ring, arena and wrestlers so I wouldnt be surprised if he is called up pretty quick. Cesaro played his heel role well especially at the end when he slaped Zayn. Overall the match was a mark moment and was awesome, Kept me on the edge of my seat through out.

Tag Team Match: 7/10

Was good but wasnt as entertaining as Zayn Vs Cesaro, It was decent for the guys working and Ive seen improvement. It wasnt a bad match just wast great.

Womens Match: 7/10

Again not great but good, I dont understand why they didnt put Bayley over as Fox is already working the main roster. Fox's heel role isnt going down well for me and seems a bit generic.

Bo Dallas Vs Big E Langston: 5/10

This match was really meh and boring, I still dont understand why Dallas had to win, I wish they just kept the title on Langston till Ohno, Wyatt or Neville have finished their feuds and gave it to one of them but they went with Bo Fucking Dallas.

Reactions: Snowman1 and Crayo

Stopspot

Reaction score
Pretty good episode this week.

Cesaro vs Zayn 2 was a really good match. Technical, physical and aggressive from both men who showed off their superb skills in ring. This rivalry is far from over.

The Roughnecks are becoming favorites of mine. They seem to have their gimmicks down to a tee and are working well as a team of aggressive rednecks out to earn big money. Lefort is also an exciting and fun guy to have beside them.

I'm in f'n love with Bayley. Absolutely adorable. Should have gone over Alicia but you can't win all the time.

Pretty good main event. Best match Bo has ever had. And Big E can really go for a man of his size and bulk. They also protected Big E's undefeated streak with how he was beat though I don't think that Dallas was the right guy to end it.

Overall a very enjoyable episode of NXT.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Solid Episode but god dammit Bo. That ending of that match was so poor. Either way, that Zayn vs Cesaro match was awesome. Bo gets more boo's than he ever does cheers.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Solid Episode but god dammit Bo. That ending of that match was so poor. Either way, that Zayn vs Cesaro match was awesome. Bo gets more boo's than he ever does cheers.

Which is why he is turning heel.

Stopspot

Reaction score
According to a PWI recap we missed a seemingly good segment:

We go to footage from the back from earlier today. Corey Graves, Adrian Neville, and Kassius Ohno are in a room together and Corey asks Adrian why he gets a match against Bray Wyatt next week. Adrian asks Corey if he deserves the match more. Kassius says that he has issues with Bray.

William Regal enters the room and he says that Bray Wyatt has all of them fighting when they should be talking about taking care of the Family. Regal compares the Wyatt Family to the Shield. Regal says that no one can band together to take care of the Shield. He says that Corey knows about The Shield. The Family can be just as dangerous or even more dangerous because Wyatt is a delusional psychopath. Regal suggests that they get together and figure out a way to get rid of the Family or they could be decimating everyone in NXT.

Adrian says that he has a singles match with Bray Wyatt next week, but he knows that he will be outnumbered. He asks Corey and Kassius to watch his back. Then they can have Bray. He wants to know if they are in or out.

Corey says that he hates to wait in line, but he is in. Kassius says that he is in too.

Kassius thanks William for the chat. He says that he will figure out a way to pay Regal back for everything that he has done.

We go to commercial.

:sad:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Him having the character of being an obnoxious WWE superface to get heel heat is absolutely brilliant! (Assuming that's what they're doing)

The commentary is playing it perfectly. "Bo Dallas won't quit! This young, hungry superstar has all the odds stacked against him!" Outside of the one comment from Regal about him not being a hometown favorite this is being done masterfully, even if it's unintentional heel heat.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dylan and Dawson remind me so much of Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard.... If they got lost in the south.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Awesome opener, this feud is great. Love to see characters, and the Rednecks along with LeFort is a very nice mix of them. Speaking of characters, finding something for Bayley is great, loved her gimmick as well. And I'll say it again, Bo's heel gimmick of being a superface is awesome, they got me to enjoy watching the guy. And how quickly did they make the transition? This was a nice one by HHH/Dusty/whoever.

Reactions: Snowman1

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
:yay: NXT!

Seeing El Ge..... Zayn come out right away just does my heart good and makes for a very happy Nazi. The guy is fantastic. Wonderful match between him and Cesaro. Both did such a great job in it, and it had good spots. Way to go for both of them, and of course to me it was the best match of the show. Nicely done. Loving the rivalry they've got going.

Tag team match -- trailer park brothers? From Tennessee? With barbecue sauce? :gusta: I was checking out Corbin's tats trying to see what they were, but then got sidetracked with trailer park brothers with JR's BBQ sauce hailing from Tennessee. :haha: Wait, this dude's butt reads "TT"...... He has "tee-tee" on his butt. Someone should reconsider his gear. Oh yeah, wrestling. Pretty decent match. Way to go, BBQ Brothers.

CM Punk! :yay:

Hey look, chicks! Bayley seems so bright and happy. Stop it. :tough: Apparently messing up her hair gets Bayley all riled up. Good to see her fighting back now.

Big E vs. Bo..... to skip or not to skip..... :hmm: Ah, heck with it, I'll watch it. So much hatred for Bo, haha, nice. Damn, Big E has nice side boob. Good for you, buddy! I wonder how often he sits and plays with his own tits. Big E's got a problem with geeks? How dare you, sir. :kratos: "Big E.... refusing to go down." One more reason not to like him. :haha: Craaaap he lost. Screw you, Bo.

Overall good episode. :obama: Thanks for posting!

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It baffles me how incredible NXT is as a developmental product. It's by far the best wrestling show in WWE, and it often rivals TNA for rating of the week. I very rarely see NXT get lower than 7's. Weird considering how diabolical NXT was after season 1. Those in charge are doing such a fantastic job. If only such commitment could be put on their main shows, shows which aren't designed to develop talent, but to showcase it -.-.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
It baffles me how incredible NXT is as a developmental product. It's by far the best wrestling show in WWE, and it often rivals TNA for rating of the week. I very rarely see NXT get lower than 7's. Weird considering how diabolical NXT was after season 1. Those in charge are doing such a fantastic job. If only such commitment could be put on their main shows, shows which aren't designed to develop talent, but to showcase it -.-.

NXT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Impact