• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NWA to start filming their own TV

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas

NWA are taking a swing at doing their own television, from a studio in Atlanta. Since they ended the working deal with ROH about a week ago, they're gonna need to bring in quite a few people to create an actual roster. Will be super interesting to see who they hire and what they produce, especially as Corgan said they'll be "unscripted" and "uncensored".

Blaze

Sep 6, 2007
Macon, Ga
Wouldn't be surprised if it was just on YouTube or maybe Independent Wrestling TV. If it gets on an actual TV network I'll be pretty fucking impressed.
As long as I can watch it, I'm all up for it. The more wrestling the better.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Then treat WWE with more respect for the years they have entertained you. Puttin' them below AEW after a few a couple shows is so insultin'.

I'm groomin' ya, dawg. Step it up.
:Shaqlol:

I mean first off a motherfucker can like what he likes. But besides that, he's not even saying AEW > WWE, just that his interest in AEW is higher, which only makes sense because AEW is newer, hotter, and more intriguing than anything else going on right now. Even if you don't root for them, the mystery of how things will work out is compelling.

Reactions: Blaze

Blaze

Sep 6, 2007
Macon, Ga
:Shaqlol:

I mean first off a motherfucker can like what he likes. But besides that, he's not even saying AEW > WWE, just that his interest in AEW is higher, which only makes sense because AEW is newer, hotter, and more intriguing than anything else going on right now. Even if you don't root for them, the mystery of how things will work out is compelling.
'
Yeah it's this. Like I can't say AEW is better yet for sure, but the few shows that's been on, it has me really interested in what a weekly TV show is going to look like, and if they can give me a good spark again.

I still find stuff from WWE to enjoy, I don't look for the bad, tho sometimes it's easy to see but I look for the good and see what I like. I find it better that way.

KeepItFresh

Jun 25, 2011
The Fringe Class
Okay, I see more AEW favortism for a company that has only had a handful of shows.

I mean yeah it's already more important than Hogan/Andre....

Jimmy King

Dec 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
I think KiF is just messing with Blaze tbh :TI:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them on IWTV or YouTube, or even Twitch like Impact has been doing. Depending on where it lands I’ll give them a watch

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
So the tapings will be taking place on September 30th and October 1st in Atlanta. They also announced the signing of an indie guy named Ricky Starks. Can't say I'm familiar, he's a pretty small time guy out of Texas, but I do know he was in a match on the NWA 70th Anniversary Show last year and he has an alright look at least. I'm still looking forward to the roll out of the rest of their roster ahead of the tapings.

Reactions: Blaze