NOW: Number One Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

NOWbtbLOGO.png

NOW
Number One Wrestling

Owners: Pat Michaels & Ted DiBiase Sr.
On-screen GM: Pat Michaels
Commentators: TBA
Interviewer: Doug Peterson

Roster
Armando Estrada (Heel) Non-Wrestler
American Dragon Bryan Danielson (Face)
Carribean Cool Carlito (Face)
CM Punk (Face)
DH Smith (Face)
Jeff Hardy (Face)
Perfect Joe Hennig (Heel)
The Shaman of Sexy John Morrison (Heel)
Matt Sydal (Face)
MVP (Heel)
Legend Killer Randy Orton (Tweener)
Rey Mysterio (Face)
Gold Standard Shelton Benjamin (Face)
Priceless Ted DiBiase Jr. (Heel)
Teddy Hart (Heel)
The Brian Kendrick (Heel)
The Samoan Bulldozer Umaga (Heel)
William Regal (Heel)

Championships

NOW Championship
Vacant

NOW Intercontinental Championship
Joe Hennig (15/12/08-??/??/??)

NOW Extreme Championship
Vacant

Pay-Per-View Schedule

Rage in the Cage*-January 11, 2009
Rage in the Cage features the annual Rage in the Cage match in the Main Event! Rules of the match TBA.

Battle for Supremacy-February 8, 2009
The annual ‘Battle for Supremacy’ tournament will take place every year at this PPV, one of the most prestigious awards a superstar can claim in NOW. The winner will go onto get a future NOW Championship match.

Red, White and Bruised-March 8, 2009
The biggest, baddest and bloodiest pay-per-view of the year, at Red, White and Bruised, every match will be something hardcore and different!

Thunderstruck-March 29, 2009

Clash of the Titans*-April 26, 2009

Affliction-May 24, 2009

Down and Out-June 21, 2009

Survivor-July 19, 2009
Survivor will feature the annual ‘Survivor’ match Main Event, where the winner will go onto to face the NOW Champion at WrestleFest!

WrestleFest*-August 16, 2009
The biggest show of the wrestling year, WrestleFest is the biggest PPV on the NOW calendar.

Born for this-September 6, 2009

Champion vs. Champion*-October 4, 2009
Champion vs. Champion every year will feature the Champion vs. Champion match in it’s Main event, where either the Intercontinental or Extreme Champion (or possibly even both) will challenge for the NOW Championship

Resurrection-November 1, 2009

The time is NOW.

Moonlight Drive

Part I

The story of NOW begins with one man, still yet to know what his fate would hold.

Pat Michaels was a man of many talents. He was an artist, an author, a musician, and a former professional wrestler, each of which had earned him global acclaim in each field and many millions in his bank account. Michaels was a simple man, he did not desire things worth a lot of cash, he‘d rather enjoy life with his family in his modest house. Pat’s glory days were behind him in terms of wrestling. He debuted in 1991 at the age of 15 after being kicked out of his house, and a few months after his 16th birthday in November 1992 was signed on by WCW. Pat began his career with WCW slowly, struggling to catch a break in the low-card before begin released in mid-1993. Pat didn’t give up however, selling his paintings and other artworks to top up his revenue as he toured around the indy promotions.

Then in 1994, there was a wrestling revolution with the birth of Extreme Championship Wrestling. Paul Heyman noticed Michaels competing on the indy scene and signed him onto ECW in July 1994. Michaels had a great run with ECW early on and quickly became a fan favourite with his unique blend of high flying, extreme and technical wrestling. He had many classic battles with the likes of Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Tazz and Sabu in some of the most technically sound and insanely hardcore matches ECW had scene. On August 6, 1995, coincidentally Michaels’ 19th birthday, he won the ECW Television Championship from Eddie Guerrero in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match. Pat had a nice run with the belt putting on many more fantastic matches, before dropping the belt to Chris Jericho in June 1996, after a 10 month reign with the title. Pat was destined for bigger and better things however.

In September 1996, 20-year old Pat got signed to the World Wrestling Federation. Michaels was in developmental until February 1997, when he debuted on Monday Night Raw, in a losing effort against Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Pat didn’t make much of an impact in the WWF until April 1998. After Shawn Michaels was injured, The New Age Outlaws, X-Pac and Pat Michaels joined D-Generation X. This led to 1 Intercontinental Championship reign, 3 European Championship reigns and 2 World Tag Team Championship reigns (both with X-Pac) throughout his time with the group. Pat was injured in his Wrestlemania debut at Wrestlemania XV, tearing his right pectoral severely, but somehow managed to finish the match and retain his Intercontinental Championship against Goldust. The next night the title was vacated as Michaels was out of action for 10-12 months. Pat was gone from the WWF until the Royal Rumble 2000, where he made his much anticipated return in the Royal Rumble match. Pat made 5 eliminations, the last being the then Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho, who he had fought back in ECW. Michaels was eliminated when an angry Y2J pulled him over the top rope from the outside.

This began a very bloody feud between Jericho and Michaels for the Intercontinental Championship. Michaels came up short at No Way Out, before winning the belt at Wrestlemania 2000. Y2J and Michaels continued to feud, Pat losing the title to Chris on Raw in June. It was not over yet though, Michaels regaining the championship in a steel cage match at Summerslam to end the feud. Michaels held onto the belt until Survivor Series, where he lost it to Matt Hardy. This began a quick push up the card for Pat, who went over Triple H on Raw and at Armageddon, which earned him a WWF Championship match at the 2001 Royal Rumble, which he was scheduled to win.

But that was when tragedy struck. On the final Raw before the Rumble, Pat took a nasty fall from the top rope and down to the outside floor which shattered to vertebrae in his spinal cord, rendering him unable to compete ever again. Michaels still had his art, writings and music, but wrestling still held his heart and soul. The injury prevented him from ever wrestling again, snatched away from what he loved at the age of only 25. Michaels however remained a wrestling fan, continuing to watch WWF, WCW before it’s closure, and TNA and ROH when they opened. Pat also continued his music, art and writing. Pat released a biography, 2 childrens books and a non-fiction book on the ins and outs of professional wrestling, all of which were best sellers. He also released 3 albums which got critical acclaim, Destiny (2002), Fate (2003) and Chosen (2006). Pat invested his money in shares and soon had become a multi-millionaire, although he tried not to up play that fact, maintaining he was just a regular guy. Michaels got married in June 2001 and now has 3 kids, Jackson, 6 years, Bret, 4 years and Delilah, 18 months.

Now that we know all we can about Pat Michaels, let us see how NOW came into fruition…

Beer

Ooo... already I can feel this one being big. You are a great writer man. Good luck.

This looks like a long backstory.

CT Styles

Backtory is interesting, I'll be staying tuned. Let's see what this is.

Moonlight Drive

Part II

Friday, October 30, 2008

Pat Michaels sits lazily on his lounge, browsing the internet wrestling news sites and his website where he posts his blogs and opinions, as Friday Night Smackdown begins on his television. Pat watches the show in disdain, as he sees many talented stars being misused, underused and abused, while men of little talent who are otherwise undeserving get the spotlight. Michaels has been getting the same vibe for the past few weeks from most wrestling programming he’d seen, frustrated at the style of booking from both WWE & TNA.

As Pat moves along the news sites, he comes across a headline which catches his attention. ‘WWE releases several superstars’. He clicks and opens up to see what it was all about

Lordsofpain.net said:
As reported on WWE.com, the WWE has released the following superstars from their contracts in the midst of this economic crisis

-DH Smith
-Umaga
-Carlito
-John Morrison
-The Brian Kendrick
-MVP
-William Regal
-Joe Hennig
-Ricky Ortiz
-DJ Gabrielle
-TJ Wilson
-Primo Colon
-Jesse
-Festus
-Shad
-JTG
-Scotty Goldman
-Jack Swagger

WWE wishes all of these superstars the best in their future endavours.

Pat sits at his computer, awestruck at the amount of talent the WWE has tossed away. He quickly opened a word document and began to type away on his computer, preparing for a new blog to post on patmichaelswrestling.com. Michaels went on about the state of the industry and wonders how the WWE can justify throwing away talent like that at the expense of untalented losers like Batista, Koslov and others with not even 1/8 the talent of many of the men released. It was a 6 page demonstration of angst and frustration which was collectively felt by many other wrestling fans. The blogs response was huge, Michaels getting flooded with emails of praise and thanks. Pat was proud of his efforts, but still red hot with anger towards the WWE. This was far from over however, as one phone call would change the entire direction of Pat’s life.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Pat sits at his computer, awestruck at the amount of talent the WWE has tossed away. He quickly opened a word document and began to type away on his computer, preparing for a new blog to post on patmichaelswrestling.com. Michaels went on about the state of the industry and wonders how the WWE can justify throwing away talent like that at the expense of untalented losers like Batista, Koslov and others with not even 1/8 the talent of many of the men released
-Ricky Ortiz
So, how high were you when you typed this out?

Looks good thus far, Patty. Morrison to hold every title plz.

Moonlight Drive

Part III

Sunday, November 1, 2008

The following Sunday, Pat sat on his couch sipping beer while he watched some of his old WWE DVDs, one of his personal favourites currently on, Summerslam 2002. The phone began to ring down the hall, which was answered by his wife, who promptly gave the phone to Pat.

The man on the other end of the phone was none other than a long time friend of Pat’s, Ted DiBiase Sr. Ted explained to Pat that he had been fired from the WWE last night after standing up for those who were being treated badly backstage and unfairly fired. Ted told Pat about how he had seen what was posted on his website and how he whole-heartedly agreed and said he had a proposal for Pat. Their own wrestling promotion. They had the money, they had the connections, all they had to do was make it happen.

Michaels sat, thinking of the proposition Ted had placed in front of him. After a few minutes thinking, Pat was still undecided. He was content with his life at home with the kids and wife, was it time to step back into the limelight and try and fight the WWE’s monopolistic rule of the wrestling world?

Michaels told Ted he would ring him back tomorrow if he had made up his mind. DiBiase bid farewell, but not after making sure Michaels knew there were other men in and out of the WWE in full support of the move. As Pat said on his lounge, pondering what had been placed forward by the Million Dollar Man, he thought to himself what he would do.

Is the time now?

WCW Rules

Reaction score
:nonono: @ '"untalented losers like Batista..." and yet, you have MVP, Ricky Ortiz, and Festus as released. Looks good, my friend. Hopefully, you just don't use WWE guys, and you make this your own. Good luck, mang.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
OK, so I'm going to be honest here and say what I mean.

honestly, I wouldn't give a shit about how this BTB came about. Just post it in one clump, what you have now is so lame, you don't need every single stupid little detail. I'd rather see you post more shows instead of just wasting time on a backstory.

NOW seems like a very Funaki influenced name, just saying. I don't know how this BTB is going to go. The past two you've had looked decent, and I don't know why you couldn't just revive one of them or just changed the structure of it. I'm tired of seeing BTB's fail from good writers. This might look good now, but I'm not going to say anything more until the first show is posted, and if it survives up into PPV.

Moonlight Drive

James said:
So, how high were you when you typed this out?
Me. said:
many of the men released

@ '"untalented losers like Batista..." and yet, you have MVP, Ricky Ortiz, and Festus as released. Looks good, my friend. Hopefully, you just don't use WWE guys, and you make this your own. Good luck, mang.
It's his opinion, ,not mine. :shifty:. I'm only just starting to watch indys so there'll probably be an overload of WWE guys at first, but the more familiar I get with indy superstars the more there will be.

H4H said:
OK, so I'm going to be honest here and say what I mean.

honestly, I wouldn't give a shit about how this BTB came about. Just post it in one clump, what you have now is so lame, you don't need every single stupid little detail. I'd rather see you post more shows instead of just wasting time on a backstory.

NOW seems like a very Funaki influenced name, just saying. I don't know how this BTB is going to go. The past two you've had looked decent, and I don't know why you couldn't just revive one of them or just changed the structure of it. I'm tired of seeing BTB's fail from good writers. This might look good now, but I'm not going to say anything more until the first show is posted, and if it survives up into PPV.
Thank you for your honesty, these are the kind of posts I like. The backstory honestly isn't as prolific or as interesting as many people are expecting, the main reason I've stretched it out is to give me time to write up shows, which I'm enjoying more than ever.

----

Part IV

Monday, November 2, 2008

Pat sits at his computer desk, once again scanning the news sites. Yet again he comes across something which immediately grabbed his attention. ‘Two huge WWE stars walk out on contract!’. Pat clicked on the headline to see what had happened this time

Lordsofpain.net said:
Former WWE Champion, Randy Orton and Ted DiBiase Jr. have both allegedly walked out on their WWE contracts after the bad treatment of their fellow superstars and employees, including Ted’s father, Ted DiBiase Sr.

The support DiBiase had spoke of was apparently stronger than Pat had anticipated. He rushed to the phone and dialled the number, telling Ted the one word he wanted to hear.

Yes.

Moonlight Drive

I've set up a NOW EWR, so just for future reference, that's where I'll be getting ticket sales, buyrates etc. And I'm just going to post the rest in a clump. So eh, it's really just roster updates and such. First Show Preview up soon, roster, championships, ,PPV schedule will all be edited into the main post soon.

----

Part V

Wednesday, November 4, 2008

Pat’s car pulls up to the house of the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase.

Michaels enters to see DiBiase already waiting for him at the table, preparing to sort out the nuts and bolts of the operation. After hours of discussion and debate, Ted and Pat began to make some very important phone calls and the wheels began to start rolling. They knew it would be tough to get a TV deal, but thought of a better idea. Weekly live streams on their website, since it would still grab them a huge fan base to perhaps get them onto TV.

The time of revolution is NOW.

-

Friday, November 6, 2008

Number One Wrestling is proud to announce it has signed the following superstars to it’s roster

-Randy Orton
-Ted DiBiase Jr.
-Joe Hennig

----

Monday, November 10, 2008

Ted and Pat continued to work out contracts and positions almost non-stop over the weekend. With the inclusion of a huge star like Randy Orton, Number One Wrestling was able to generate some interest, but still couldn’t get an arena that would let them perform weekly events.

Number One Wrestling is proud to announce it has signed the following superstars to it’s roster

-Umaga
-Teddy Hart
-DH Smith

----

Monday, November 17, 2008

Ted and Pat suddenly made a huge breakthrough, signing one of the biggest indy stars and one of the best wrestlers in the world, Bryan Danielson! On top of that, they convince two of WWE’s biggest superstars to join their ranks; Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio. The roster was beginning to build up and more interest began to build as the internet became abuzz.

-Bryan Danielson
-Jeff Hardy
-Rey Mysterio

----

Monday, November 24, 2008

NOW still struggled to get an arena for weekly events, but soon there was yet another huge roster breakthrough. Dissension continued in the WWE locker room, and more of there stars followed the suit of Hardy and Mysterio, joining the ranks of NOW.

-CM Punk
-Matt Sydal
-Shelton Benjamin

----

Monday, December 1, 2008

While NOW continued to search for an arena to call their own, they made a massive step towards success thanks to the star power they were developing, securing a Pay-Per-View deal. Negotiations were still continuing as to the dates and events, but they will reported in due time.

-William Regal
-Carlito

----

Monday, December 8, 2008

Everything was beginning to shape up, as NOW finally got an arena, something better than they ever could’ve expected, the famous Hammerstein Ballroom. The roster was finalized as were the PPV’s, championships and the like. NOW was ready to change the face of professional wrestling!

-MVP
-John Morrison
-The Brian Kendrick
-Armando Estrada (Non-wrestler)
-Doug Peterson (interviewer)

NOW is proud to announce the upcoming year’s PPV schedule;

*=Big Show

Rage in the Cage*-January 11, 2009
Rage in the Cage features the annual Rage in the Cage match in the Main Event! Rules of the match TBA.

Battle for Supremacy-February 8, 2009
The annual ‘Battle for Supremacy’ tournament will take place every year at this PPV, one of the most prestigious awards a superstar can claim in NOW. The winner will go onto get a future NOW Championship match.

Red, White and Bruised-March 8, 2009
The biggest, baddest and bloodiest pay-per-view of the year, at Red, White and Bruised, every match will be something hardcore and different!

Thunderstruck-March 29, 2009

Clash of the Titans*-April 26, 2009

Affliction-May 24, 2009

Down and Out-June 21, 2009

Survivor-July 19, 2009
Survivor will feature the annual ‘Survivor’ match Main Event, where the winner will go onto to face the NOW Champion at WrestleFest!

WrestleFest*-August 16, 2009
The biggest show of the wrestling year, WrestleFest is the biggest PPV on the NOW calendar.

Born for this-September 6, 2009

Champion vs. Champion*-October 4, 2009
Champion vs. Champion every year will feature the Champion vs. Champion match in it’s Main event, where either the Intercontinental or Extreme Champion (or possibly even both) will challenge for the NOW Championship

Resurrection-November 1, 2009

Beer

Looks good. I like the way you have set everything out and announced everything much like I did with UWA.

Moonlight Drive

NOW News & Rumours

NOW hosted it's very first press conference today at Noon, and many new things were learnt about the company.

Ted & Pat's Respective Positions
As Ted's son (Ted Jr.) is a part of the roster, the men were asked if this would conflict with booking. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Ted DiBiase Sr. is on the business side of things, managing the company and such, whilst Pat is the Head Booker and Talent Scout.

Ever Developing Roster?
NOW has promised 'an ever developing roster featuring some of the worlds best'. Pat is beginning to scout talent from all the major US promotions, such as WWE, TNA, ROH, CHIKARA and PWG, Mexico and Japan as well as free agents. He has said he currently has his eye on superstars such as Mistico, Dos Caras Jr., Jimmy Jacobs, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, Manu, Cody Rhodes, Raven, AJ Styles, Roderick Strong and many more.

Tag Team Division
There may be one added in future, but right now, NOW is content with single superstars.

Commentators
NOW currently lacks commentators, but it has been promised a commentating team will be in place by Rage in the Cage.

Television
Ted has said in future he intends to try and get NOW onto TV and into the mainstream audience, but for now, internet streaming is still a great medium.

Championships?
Rumours have been spinning around the web about the NOW Champions. Many are reporting that the front runners are Rey Mysterio, John Morrison and Randy Orton to become the NOW Champion, although Pat has told us who will win any of the championships is still up in the air.

NOW Preview

NOW presents it's first show on Monday week, 15 December LIVE on NOW.com from the Hammerstein Ballroom! Here is what has been confirmed; (incorrect semi-colon use~!)

The NOW Intercontinental Champion will be crowned in a Four Way Ferocity Elimination Match. It will be CM Punk, Joe Hennig, William Regal and Carlito all going at it for a chance to be the first NOW Intercontinental Champion.

The qualifiers will begin for the Rage in the Cage match to crown the first NOW Champion. The following three are scheduled for the upcoming show; Randy Orton taking on The Brian Kendrick in the Main Event, John Morrison going toe-to-toe with Matt Sydal and finally, Ted DiBiase colliding with Shelton Benjamin.

Teddy Hart, Rey Mysterio, Umaga and many more will also be on tonight's show!

Known Card

POW Intercontinental Championship
Four Way Ferocity Elimination Match
CM Punk vs Joe Hennig vs William Regal vs Carlito

Rage in the Cage Qualifiers

Main Event
Randy Orton vs The Brian Kendrick

John Morrison vs Matt Sydal

Ted DiBiase Jr. vs Shelton Benjamin

seX-Power

POW Intercontinental Championship
Four Way Ferocity Elimination Match
CM Punk vs Joe Hennig vs William Regal vs Carlito

Rage in the Cage Qualifiers

Main Event
Randy Orton vs The Brian Kendrick

John Morrison vs Matt Sydal

Ted DiBiase Jr. vs Shelton Benjamin

This card looks goo, but this BTB is not as intriguing as your last two.