Not To Be Heartless..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I'm really hoping that Lawler just makes one last appearance to let us all know he's alright and then calls it quits. He's past his use by date as an on screen talent.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is what I hope will happen, he just needs to prove to himself that he can do it for one night and then he can retire whilst everyone loves him. But I doubt it, he will probably stick around for a lot longer as I doubt WWE will ever fire him.

Reaction score
I thought it was too soon, then again, it was a heart attack and not open heart surgery with a bypass, which would require a much longer lay off. Being live TV, I don't know what kind of stress it creates, if any. After all, he's been at this for so long, it may be like second nature to him. Some people have come back from heart attacks to run marathons, though I do think he should lay off matches.

Some guys are tough like that. I think Sammo Hung had just gone through having a stint put in his heart a couple weeks before filming Ip Man 2.

As far as long term goes, I think it's pretty clear that J.R. isn't their long term answer. He'd pulled away years ago from his duties in the WWE, and when he got put on Smackdown, made it known that he actually liked that move since it made it easier on him to be at Oklahoma games on Sunday. JBL is doing his own thing away from wrestling, whatever he does now is on his terms. King is getting on in years, the end of his career may be weeks, might be months. Even if its in years, it's not far off and they'd need to think about who could replace him before they're left with no real choices.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm still convinced Vince is gonna make this into some type of angle, but hopefully i'm wrong and he goes into retirement or goes to superstars.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As far as long term goes, I think it's pretty clear that J.R. isn't their long term answer. He'd pulled away years ago from his duties in the WWE, and when he got put on Smackdown, made it known that he actually liked that move since it made it easier on him to be at Oklahoma games on Sunday. JBL is doing his own thing away from wrestling, whatever he does now is on his terms. King is getting on in years, the end of his career may be weeks, might be months. Even if its in years, it's not far off and they'd need to think about who could replace him before they're left with no real choices.

This is why trialing out different guys each week whilst Lawler was away would have been a good move. They need a new colour guy to work with Cole and so trying out the guys that they have out back on a live RAW with JR or JBL backing them up would have been a good way to ease them into it. They desperately need to give guys a shot since JBL is now calling Smackdown as well. Hopefully JBL comes back full time otherwise they need two new commentators. Matt Striker should fill one role as I think that he excelled as colour commentator on ECW, maybe give the other spot to Regal.

I'm still convinced Vince is gonna make this into some type of angle, but hopefully i'm wrong and he goes into retirement or goes to superstars.

Lawler would probably enjoy it being made into an angle. It shouldn't be but I don't see Lawler minding it being used.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Fully expect Lawler to get his seat back from JR full time and no other changes are made. I'm hoping and expecting JBL stays on Smackdown since Lawler has no impact on SD.