No offense intended....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Listen, kiddo, the "your mom" thing doesn't work well. Let me show you how to insult someone:

First, I'll start off by insulting your face. It looks like a disfigured pizza that I ate after your father got done blowing me in his favorite car.

Second, I'll attack your heritage. Your probably a mutt, an oops baby, and have a tattoo on your face, much like mike Tyson. But you have it there because you're "proud" of your culture that you know Shit about.

Lastly, I'll fuck your boy friend. Hard. Raw. And show him the 50 states and how a man treats another man as you cry in the corner. No homo.

And after all this, I'll teach you how to properly insult someone all over again :)

Alright, you guys, all this insulting and name calling needs to stop. This thread doesn't need to go way off-topic, everything can be discussed politely.

Reactions: edge4ever

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I get giving the younger guys who are going to be the future of the WWE the ME.... So if Goldberg vs Brock ends up being the ME, I will be even more ticked off. I don't like seeing AJ being wasted on Shane. Him not main-eventing this year is not a big deal to me, it is just a let down that he will be in a match against someone who doesn't serve any purpose in feuds, story lines, or anything of that nature. I feel like throwing him against Shane is like putting him in a filler match.

It feels like often, as wrestling fans, we see match cards on paper and imagine why the company would put THESE fights together... Then with the promos that set the matches up, we judge a performer's mic skills on them. Not you, specifically, since you read recaps and maybe Youtube a segment or two to keep this forum running. Nothing wrong with that. :)

He... At least does have a purpose in story line. While the whole "heel is upset with management over a lack of opportunities" thing is done to death - especially if you watch Talking Smack - the story of this match feels like "AJ Styles earned a title shot after Orton forfeited his, then Orton got back into the main-event picture by burning down a house (and not wanting to cancel out the Rumble win) and Styles thinks that's a bunch of BS since he earned his title shot"... And purely in kayfabe, he's right. Styles is a top guy that earned and deserved opportunities. He beat Harper TWICE for that title shot, even after Shane ran-in. He earned that title shot against Ambrose (and only cheated to win out of frustration.) The only true blemishes on his record are close, highly competitive losses where he proved (again) he's at the level of a 16 time champ in John Cena and the current champ Wyatt. (You can also argue Randy Orton but... I bet he can take Orton 9/10 times. He got lucky, haha) He's credible to a level where even Bray Wyatt - who's had so much dirt thrown on him - can seem like a champion by pinning him (and Cena) in the Chamber.

So he's upset with Shane and Smackdown management because he deserves an opportunity, because he does. He's being a royal dick about it but he's right. He yells in Shane's face that he's better than this, because he is. All that's been proven.

That's why it's not such a big deal with me, I guess. While it is a shame that it isn't a proper showcase of Styles for the casual Mania crowd (as putting over Roman Reigns and allowing him to lead fans to keep watching Raw has proven to be a channel-changer, and watching AJ Styles get a win over a non-wrestler throwing shadow baby punches won't come across well), it at least makes sense in storyline.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
In my opinion it will be the MOTN & everybody gonna watch this match.
Since AJ is fired from SDL, he'll Re-debut on Monday Night RAW right after Wrestlemania 33.

Honestly, I think you could be right. We know what both guys can do. Shane is a total spot fest and we know he'll do something absolutely insane... probably more than once. I know a lot of us really think it's a huge step down for AJ after holding the WWE Championship for so long, but I disagree. I think these two could work an exciting match and they very fact that most people don't have their hopes up about it, they will be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Vince will appreciate AJ having a match with Shane though. I'm sure AJ will carry the match and it will be fine.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
How about at the big event instead of a RAW episode... that is where WWE is screwing up with their moments
I agree with you but The Raw after Mania has to be big also......So I guess I get what they are doing but how great would it have been AJ Vs Nakamura or Aj vs HBK......which if it was a vote HBK would most def be my pick because AJ and Nak can still happen at next years WM!