No offense intended....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

aharnois

Jobber
Reaction score
But having AJ styles wrestle against Shane McMahon at wrestlemania is a ungodly almost unforgivable waste of his talent.
I understand AJ is good enough to make Shane look good, but there's only so much Shane I can handle. He's fine as the commissioner, but he's not a wrestler. Please stop making him wrestle.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
When I heard they were doing this with AJ... I instantly became uninterested in Wrestlemania.

You can't take one of the best wrestlers IN THE WORLD and waste him on someone who I don't even consider a "real" wrestler.

Well... I guess "you can" cause they are going it... What a shame. [HASHTAG]#HorribleBooking[/HASHTAG]

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
[HASHTAG]#ajdeservesbetter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#stopthemaniamadness[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#idontdohashtagsever[/HASHTAG]

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
"Mania is not about great matches, it is about moments" - WWE brass.

Shame most great moments come out of great matches

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
....They're doing this? This is a thing?

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon is a thing?

....why?

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Should AJ be doing something better? Hell yes!

FINN BALOR VS AJ STYLES!!! INTERPROMOTIONAL MATCH DO IT!

But, Shane, even with his age, has had good matches with great wrestlers before, so maybe....just maaaaybe....this match can have something good in it. I'm optimistic sometimes, so yeah. At least the story so far is looking somewhat promising on ShootDown Live.

Reaction score
I agree 100%. It's an insult to the fans' intelligence.

I would sell my soul to see AJ Styles vs Finn Balor. It's just what Wrestlemania needs too, a good interpromotional match.

OR! To take it a step further, they could do AJ vs Finn vs Shinsuke, and have a fucking sick interpromotional match... but no... WWE wants to give us Shane and AJ....

CM Punk warned us about this.

Reactions: The Phenom

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of Styles vs Shane-O Mac happening, but hey, I do have a lot of faith in Styles that this'll be a good match.

Plus, I'm sure SmackDown will make the build-up good.

And given that Styles lost his first WM last year for no reason, he should totally defeat Shane here.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I have been pretty outspoken about this entire situation in my SmackDown Live recaps...

I'm still pissed that Baron Corbin was "removed" from the Survivor Series team for Shane...
and now A.J Styles...possibly the best in-ring worker the WWE has at this time is going
to be wasted in a match against Shane McMahon.

Now I personally don't have anything against Shane and he's far more likeable than his
sister & father...but...A.J deserves better.

Now it is possible that this match could be a part of a larger story...they could set it up
that if A.J wins he gets to move to RAW...if Shane wins A.J stays put.

(Better yet...if A.J wins he gets automatically traded to RAW for Sami Zayn)

That way A.J moves to RAW (which is rumored to be what Vince wants) and it opens
the possibility for Shinsuke Nakamura to debut on SmackDown after Wrestlemania.

That way they can keep A.J & Shinsuke away from each and possibly do a huge
RAW vs. SmackDown match at Survivor Series later this year.

Just think about what that match would do if it head lined Survivor Series...I mean...
forget Goldberg vs. Lesnar...give A.J & Shinsuke 40 minutes and no boundaries and
let the magic happen.

Anyway...I'm getting ahead of myself...

I'm not happy about this match...but hopefully it will serve a purpose in the greater
narrative and will lead to bigger and better things down the line.

Reactions: The Phenom

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I'm a big fan of Shane-O-Mac and his somewhat wrestling career BUT even I feel that Aj's talent is being wasted here......This is WM why is Shane the top candidate to face AJ at WM???? Why didn't they just make it a triple threat Wyatt vs Orton vs Styles (Maybe too many triple threats all ready?) I'm down for the Balor vs Styles Vs Nakamura That would be f**king awesome but c'mon this is WWE......THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I guess @Adamska Meltzer is right. I've become the official optimist of WWEF... as I haven't been bothered by this at all.

I like AJ Styles as much as anyone but am OK with this... Maybe it's because I just don't think Mania's that big a deal creatively and more of a casual showcase/cash grab... maybe it's because of the story or how it kinda showcases the roster depth... maybe I'm just happy to see a rotation at the top for a change...

But I am pretty peeved that Shane really has to have a match at the show. Piss off

Reactions: MGS32

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Honestly, Shinsuke Nakamura is ready at any time to step in to fight AJ at mania and it is being blown off.... WHY?!??!

If I was WWE, I would have Styles vs. McMahon scheduled and at the event Shane comes out not dressed to compete and is like "you know... I gotta put the talent first... for I am a little old now and supposed to be comissioner" and introduces Nakamura, imagine the crowd's monsterous pop....

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Honestly, Shinsuke Nakamura is ready at any time to step in to fight AJ at mania and it is being blown off.... WHY?!??!

If I was WWE, I would have Styles vs. McMahon scheduled and at the event Shane comes out not dressed to compete and is like "you know... I gotta put the talent first... for I am a little old now and supposed to be comissioner" and introduces Nakamura, imagine the crowd's monsterous pop....
Nak is getting debuted after mania. They need something big for the RAW after mania.

Reactions: Snowman1

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I guess @Adamska Meltzer is right. I've become the official optimist of WWEF... as I haven't been bothered by this at all.

I like AJ Styles as much as anyone but am OK with this... Maybe it's because I just don't think Mania's that big a deal creatively and more of a casual showcase/cash grab... maybe it's because of the story or how it kinda showcases the roster depth... maybe I'm just happy to see a rotation at the top for a change...

But I am pretty peeved that Shane really has to have a match at the show. Piss off

I am also opptimistic in a way. Would I prefer other matches over that? :yes: but from what I am seeing, the story itself can be great and AJ can have a good match with almost anyone.

Plus, Shane has had good matches with WWE legends/big stars before like Kurt Angle, Kane, X-Pac (while he got massive heat, he was a solid competitor) his Mania match with his Dad was good, he also faced Randy Orton and others.

The only issue is Shane's age. Even though he is in pretty good shape for his age, that can hold him back.