No. 1 Contender to Y2J

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Well, their match on RAW a couple of months ago was pretty good, considering the amount of time they had to work with. I'm hoping for an even better encounter this time around. I'm torn, though; I like Jericho as Champion, and yet, Batista's my favorite superstar on RAW... very hard to choose b/w the two of 'em.

Moonlight Drive

VOMIT

Jericho can't lose the belt yet, he is doing incredibly well. But with Cyber Sunday coming up, I doubt Batista will get his shot without voying. We'll have to vote between Batista, JBL and somebody else, maybe Michaels if they have decided to continue their program.

FFS, why would you put this man in a title match? He squashed JBL on PPV, and he is talentless and boring. If he wins the belt they are just giving in to his demands and it shows they have no backbone, and he'll just continue to be unhappy and they'll do what Big Dave wants.

We need Cena.

The Rated R CMStar

I am not too sure this match will happen as that. I mean, they will have people voting...on what?

Gimmick of match? They have no heat, so putting them on any hardcore match would not make sense?

Special ref? It could...or would end up being HBK, so undirectly would be a continuation of Y2J vs HBK, not Batista vs Y2J.

So I am really curious on how this program will actually play out.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
^ Ya know, you have a point. Perhaps this match is just a continuation of the HBK/Y2J feud, and it's involving Batista (much like before in the Batista/HBK feud, except Jericho was the third man).

Moonlight Drive

Like I said, Batista, JBL and HBK all have a legitimate reason for a re-match.

Batista won No. 1 Contendership. Duh.

JBL could claim he had an awful week,, and that he wasn't in the right mindset at NM (which I think he said after the match). Then they'll have JBL beat Batista on Raw and he'll have a claim.

HBK only lost the ladder match because he pulled Y2J's head into his, Chris kind of accidentally won.

So we vote between those three. HBK will definitely get in if he is one of the choices.

Moonlight Drive

I heard Austin was going to be at Cyber Sunday, so it's possible.

But I am sick of him as referee :smh

Qwake

Batista Vs Jericho is going to be terrible, Batista is just getting another title shot so he can be happy and stay but he sucks and has no talent and should never another title match. At Cyber Sunday they better not have a gimmikc match because it will be Jericho's 3rd in a row which is stupid, I am guessing a special ref which will also be bad...This is just going to lead to shit :yes:

The Rated R CMStar

Batista is just getting another title shot so he can be happy

Yeah, let's forget he's the most over face in Raw.

he sucks and has no talent

How is that? I can take you calling him boring or sucking on the mic, hell, even not motivated and unpassionate for wrestling, but he's not untalented. He can't be technical, he can't be flashy, nor he should be. He plays his role and to perfection, a freaking monster.

it will be Jericho's 3rd in a row which is stupid

Why? Two of those were in the feud against HBK which made sense. Besides, we all know CS is to give feuds not necessary gimmicks. Anyways, for different reasons, I agree, the match shouldn't be a gimmick.

I am guessing a special ref which will also be bad.

Why?

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Yeah, let's forget he's the most over face in Raw.

How is that? I can take you calling him boring or sucking on the mic, hell, even not motivated and unpassionate for wrestling, but he's not untalented. He can't be technical, he can't be flashy, nor he should be. He plays his role and to perfection, a freaking monster.

Why? Two of those were in the feud against HBK which made sense. Besides, we all know CS is to give feuds not necessary gimmicks. Anyways, for different reasons, I agree, the match shouldn't be a gimmick.

Why?

Three years running at Cyber Sunday. A little bit of change I say. That's why Special Outside Enforcer, and actually have them do something :smile_1:

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Special Referee is a Cyber Sunday tradition, unfortunately. They should just scrap CS, IMO. Oh well, I'm guessing HBK will be involved in the Y2J/Tista match.

Airfixx

Gotta find a way for Batista NOT to beat Jericho...

Jericho is superb as champ right now. Would be such a shame to end it all so soon (especially if it results in Batista getting all that extra air-time).

I like the idea of HBK somehow being added to the mix for Cyber Sunday (preferably a triple threat rather than special ref), then Batista being "robbed" again (What bullshit! Cole has been straight up lying about end of the Unforgiven scramble match every week. Y2J "stole" nothing!), him losing the plot and turning full blown heel on HBK (whom had the title shot that was kinda due to him, lost, and unless Y2J does something to further fuel their fued, I can't really justify any further 1-on-1 matches between the two... At least for the time being.)

Thus Jericho reigns on and some desperately needing freshness is brought to Big Dave.