• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NJPW G1 Climax 32 - July 16 - August 18, 2022

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This Lawlor/Yano match is killing me :lizlol

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
@Hoss Bro Lance Archer just told a story about KENTA taking a lot of people to Bombshells in Dallas over Mania weekend, that was the fucking place we went to before that GCW show last year with the shitty wings :bosque
Shitty everything tbh besides the servers

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

G1 Climax 32 night 11 (August 5) Preview 【G132】​

Ehime sees five more block matches

The G1 Climax tour heads to Ehime on August 5 as night 11 sees more critical block matches with each of the four groups approaching the Budokan wire in a few day’s time.
Watch ALL of G1 Climax 32 LIVE in English on NJPW World!

Main event: C Block- Hiroshi Tanahashi (2-1) vs EVIL (1-1)
Singles record: 3-3

G1_0805_09.jpg

Hiroshi Tanahashi and EVIL is certainly the epitome of a battle between the forces of good, and, well, evil, as nobody embodies both concepts in the wrestling ring quite like the Ace and the King of Darkness. It is, then, somewhat distressing that Tanahashi is an even 3-3 against EVIL, and has lost his last two matches against the HOUSE OF TORTURE representative. Yet a running theme of the G1 thus far has been Tanahashi in main event positions, first with Tetsuya Naito and then Zack Sabre Jr, against wrestlers he’s had recent difficulty with and coming away victorious. The tide of momentum seems to be working in Tana’s favour, while EVIL is on less firm ground, having lost his most recent bout with Tetsuya Naito.

For EVIL, the midway point of his campaign sees him try and stay positive from a W:L ratio perspective. Yet the Ace certainly doesn’t want to fall to an even 2-2, and effectively force a need to win out in his final two matches. With stakes high, Ehimewill be pulling for a Tanahashi victory tonight.

8th Match: A Block- JONAH (1-1) vs Jeff Cobb (2-1)
Singles record: 2-1 JONAH

G1_0805_08.jpg

The semi main event sees inarguably one of A Block’s most anticipated matchups as JONAH locks horns with Jeff Cobb. Already a big attraction match in the US, the two giants have clashed three times before in independent promotions, JONAH emerging with a 2-1 record, but this is the first time this giant match has a Japanese audience, and a sufficiently big stage to boot.

After a first match loss to Kazuchika Okada, Cobb has put together two wins in a row against big competition in Bad Luck Fale and Lance Archer. With Kazuchika Okada still holding block supremacy, it’s vital for him to keep winning, but JONAH wants to be at the 2-1 record his opponent sits at now. It’ll be the classic immovable object and unstoppable force, but who will prove stronger?

7th Match: C Block- Tetsuya Naito (1-2) vs Aaron Henare (1-2)
G1_0805_07.jpg

A first time singles matchup sees Tetsuya Naito take on Aaron Henare tonight. After his first G1 win in Aichi, Naito reflected that this was the match he’s ‘most excited for’ during the league as he seeks to find out ‘just how much as changed’ in the Ultimate Weapon since he joined the United Empire last spring. They were positive thoughts, ‘so positive,’ Naito himself commented ‘I could be sick’. Yet his situation, even at the same 1-2 standpoint to his opponent tonight, couldn’t be more converse to Henare’s, and not in a positive light. With one more loss, Naito is on the outer edges of the bubble that is his hopes of making the Tokyo Dome main event. To Henare, in his first G1, and already with a big win on the first day, Strong performances and wins are gravy, and a more relaxed approach can make him a distinct threat.

6th Match: B Block- Taichi (1-1) vs Chase Owens (1-2)
Singles record: 1-0 Owens
G1_0805_06.jpg
This past weekend, jay White learned a big time lesson about looking past Chase Owens, as the Crown Jewel pushed the Catalyst hard for stiffing him on his pay top throw the match. There’ll be no such fix in between Taichi and Chase, but the Holy Emperor could still fall into a similar trap of overconfidence. Though Owens defeated Taichi in last year’s G1, it was while the Suzuki-Gun member was battling rib injuries; months removed from the loss Taichi says he feels ‘no threat’ from Chase. Will he regret those pre-tournament words Friday night in Ehime?

5th Match: D Block- Juice Robinson (1-2) vs Yujiro Takahashi (1-2)
G1_0805_05.jpg

With a furious and impactful start to his tournament with Shingo Takagi, few could have predicted the slump Juice Robinson would soon have to endure. After a loss to former partner David Finlay, Juice’s fury saw him to unforced errors and another loss at the hands of a highly motivated YOSHI-HASHI in Aichi last weekend. Now ‘Rock Hard’ Robinson cannot afford another loss as he goes up against Yujiro Takahashi.

Yujiro proved in Ota against El Phantasmo that Robinson can expect no favours in this pseudo BULLET CLUB derby. Though Juice has beaten Takahashi twice in New Japan Cup competition in 2017 and 2018, Yujiro is more than capable of pulling out an upset as the likes of Jeff Cobb and Kota Ibushi have found out in recent years.

4th Match: CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) vs BULLET CLUB (Jay White, KENTA, El Phantasmo, Bad Luck Fale & Gedo)
G1_0805_04.jpg

Ten man action will see the forces of CHAOS unite against BULLET CLUB this evening. Kazuchika Okada and Jay White are running away with A and B Blocks, but C and D are much more contentious, KENTA getting into the running after defeating Hirooki Goto in Hamamatsu, while YOSHI-HASHI and EL Phantasmo are both very much in the running in a tight D Block. The Headhunter and the Headbanger are set to face off Saturday in Osaka, and tensions are likely to be high between the two in our last tag preview of the evening.

3rd Match: Los Ingobernables De Japon (Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) vs Suzuki-Gun (Lance Archer, Zack Sabre Jr. & TAKA Michinoku)
G1_0805_03.jpg

Suzuki-Gun and Los Ingobernables De Japon meet in the third match of the evening. Earlier in the week, Lance Archer and Shingo Takagi’s exchanges were the recipient of a lot of attention, and both will look to show their power tonight. In the meantime, Zack Sabre Jr. and Tetsuya Naito are counting down to their league ending meeting in the Nippon Budokan on August 16.

2nd Match: Team Filthy (Royce Isaacs & Tom Lawlor) vs United Empire (Will Ospreay & Great-O-Khan)
G1_0805_02.jpg

Tom Lawlor and Great-O-Khan were faced with must win scenarios Tuesday in Hamamatsu, and both came through in order to keep A and B block hopes alive. Tonight sees both men meet in tag team action for what should be an intriguing bout indeed; how will these MMA masters match up? Also in Hamamatsu, Will Ospreay was finally united with his IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship belt, but in circumstances that left the Commonwealth kingpin fuming. After David Finlay beat Ospreay Tuesday, the Rebel demqanded that the next time the title would be up for grabs it should be against him. Ospreay now has to refocus on the rest of his campaign starting tonight, but with Finlay taking up residence in his head.

1st Match: Guerrillas of Destiny (Jado & Tama Tonga) vs David Finlay & Kosei Fujita
G1_0805_01.jpg

Kicking off the night’s action will be Tama Tonga and Jado facing David Finlay and Kosei Fujita. Finlay and Tonga are back in familiar positions perhaps on opposite ends of a tag team encounter, but both have had a transformative G1. Finlay in particular is riding perhaps one of the hottest hands in tournament history given his dark horse status at the start of the tournament; very few predicted he would polish off Juice Robinson, Shingo Takagi and Will Ospreay in three consecutive bouts, and he still has winnable matches to go. With Tonga similarly in good form after a win over SANADA on Tuesday, this should be a spirited opening encounter.​

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Happy to see we've got a couple of days before the next Show because I fell asleep just before the G1 Climax Matches from yesterday were ready to start. Mini and Murderhawk on Commentary hell yeah!

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Pretty good bout with Ishii and O-Khan but it felt like in 2nd Gear rather than some hard hitting battle. 1-3 :mjcry

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Pretty good bout with Ishii and O-Khan but it felt like in 2nd Gear rather than some hard hitting battle. 1-3 :mjcry

Thought so too. Is O-Khan hurt or something maybe? I know he's never all that flashy as a singles guy but this feels especially uneventful from him so far, so much Mat grappling lol

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yano an Ambassador to a Drug Store:lmao

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Filthy Tom selling both Sister Acts to Yano he's a G:hbk1

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Tom had a Cup on and he is the smartest guy because no one Yano faces does that kind of scouting before facing Yano.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
There's going to be a day when someone truly puts Sanada in the Paradise Lock and it's going to be funny as hell.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There's going to be a day when someone truly puts Sanada in the Paradise Lock and it's going to be funny as hell.

I swear I thought someone did this last year sometime lol idk who tho I'm blanking, like early 2021 between WK and NJ Cup when NJPW kinda does those more relaxed tours lol

• Wow

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Tama pins a former US Champion and the best bout of the night so far!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

@Kairi HoHo I think this is what I was thinking of :lol if i remember right Tanahashi did get him locked into it at some point during this feud tho lol this was this year tho not last year. Also searching for it on Twitter reminded me of the NJPW copyright strike controversies lol did you hear Tom Lawlor blaming Dick Togo for being hit with one on sundays show :lol

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

@Kairi HoHo I think this is what I was thinking of :lol if i remember right Tanahashi did get him locked into it at some point during this feud tho lol this was this year tho not last year. Also searching for it on Twitter reminded me of the NJPW copyright strike controversies lol did you hear Tom Lawlor blaming Dick Togo for being hit with one on sundays show :lol

I watch so much Wrestling Month to Month no shock to me forgetting stuff like this from time to time :lol

Oh shit Kevin and Archer talking about why KENTA is in love with Goto's Stick/Staff:lmao

If KENTA beats Goto here and takes his Stick I'm going to lose it:hayden3

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think of ELP/Lawlor/Archer, Archer was actually my favorite guest commentator lol