NFL Playoffs Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Schiano was the cancer, not Freeman. Those two just didn't mesh and Greg took it upon himself to sabotage the kid's career. I'm far from sold on Glennon, but he has a lot of talent around him. Lovie Smith was a spectacular hire IMO.

Josh Freeman was bad even before Schiano got there, he's a horrible teammate.
Idk I've been sold on Glennon since his Junior year when he took Russell Wilson's job and forced him to xfer to Wisconsin via Columbus Rules (BMS refrence if anyone watches the show lol)
He's got the build and smarts to be a decent QB in the league.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Josh Freeman was bad even before Schiano got there, he's a horrible teammate.
Idk I've been sold on Glennon since his Junior year when he took Russell Wilson's job and forced him to xfer to Wisconsin via Columbus Rules (BMS refrence if anyone watches the show lol)
He's got the build and smarts to be a decent QB in the league.
I never got that impression about Freeman, he just seems like a laid back dude and Schiano wanted a vocal leader at QB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/90879/teammates-stick-up-for-josh-freeman

What had you heard about Freeman as a teammate? I had never heard him questioned in that capacity, just that he liked to party, oh and he is possibly gay. Bad teammate though? New to me.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I never got that impression about Freeman, he just seems like a laid back dude and Schiano wanted a vocal leader at QB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/90879/teammates-stick-up-for-josh-freeman

What had you heard about Freeman as a teammate? I had never heard him questioned in that capacity, just that he liked to party, oh and he is possibly gay. Bad teammate though? New to me.

Honestly I heard exactly that, he was too laid back and came off like a dick to some of the teamates.. Apparently not Glennon and Penn the only two players out of a fifty three man roster in that interview but I heard during the second half of last season the locker room was starting to get split on him, and that's something that can't happen.

I wish I could ask my friend for examples other then general ideas because he's on the team now, but he got picked up a few weeks after Freeman's departure.

^ On a side note, I absolutely told him to watch out for STAPH

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I had never heard anything about Freeman being a bad teammate before Schiano. I think Schiano sabatoged teh dude's career. He took something that wasn't a character flaw, his laid back demeanor, and turned it into one in the eyes of his teammates and the media. My .02, Schiano wrecked the kids confidence, and in a fucking contract year. Freeman would be a rich, rich man if Tampa's stupid ass front office never made one of the worst coaching hires in NFL history with Schiano.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I had never heard anything about Freeman being a bad teammate before Schiano. I think Schiano sabatoged teh dude's career. He took something that wasn't a character flaw, his laid back demeanor, and turned it into one in the eyes of his teammates and the media. My .02, Schiano wrecked the kids confidence, and in a fucking contract year. Freeman would be a rich, rich man if Tampa's stupid ass front office never made one of the worst coaching hires in NFL history with Schiano.
Honestly, Raheem Morris' last year in 2011 contributed a lot to it too, I'm pretty sure he put Freeman on the hot seat during that season, and Freeman went 4-11 (participated in 15/16 games) with a 16-22 TD-INT raitio. It's safe to say that he really hasn't experienced a solid coach to help his game yet, I wouldn't be suprised if he ends back up on the Buccs after the Vikings, I think Frazier really liked the guy and wanted to see more out of him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Honestly, Raheem Morris' last year in 2011 contributed a lot to it too, I'm pretty sure he put Freeman on the hot seat during that season, and Freeman went 4-11 (participated in 15/16 games) with a 16-22 TD-INT raitio. It's safe to say that he really hasn't experienced a solid coach to help his game yet, I wouldn't be suprised if he ends back up on the Buccs after the Vikings, I think Frazier really liked the guy and wanted to see more out of him.
He is going to get a 1 year no money deal from someone, likely as a backup initially. which sucks for him because had anything BUT what happened, happened this season in Tampa he'd be looking at a 5 year deal worth at least 60 mill or so.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He is going to get a 1 year no money deal from someone, likely as a backup initially. which sucks for him because had anything BUT what happened, happened this season in Tampa he'd be looking at a 5 year deal worth at least 60 mill or so.
I would say TB since Frazier seemed to like him, but I imagine he personally doesn't want to return there.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I would say TB since Frazier seemed to like him, but I imagine he personally doesn't want to return there.
0% chance.

Oakland, sadly, is actually a decent possibility. The OC he had his best year with, Greg Olson, is our current OC.

edit: I say sadly because I fear the kid's psychee is ruined. I hope the best for him but can't see him ever turning it around, though i'll be rooting for him.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
0% chance.

Oakland, sadly, is actually a decent possibility. The OC he had his best year with, Greg Olson, is our current OC.

edit: I say sadly because I fear the kid's psychee is ruined. I hope the best for him but can't see him ever turning it around, though i'll be rooting for him.

Olson was the OC during Freeman's best and worst year :) that's pretty funny.
But yeah there's familiarity there so quite possibly, idk I just see OAK giving McGloin & Pryor another year at least to make their mark.

I wouldn't mind him backing up the Eagles tbh, Vick won't be with us anymore unless he takes substantially less money to be a backup and Barkley sucks so Philly is also an option looking for a cheap back up QB.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Home: 19 sacks, away 25 sacks.
Home: 43 pass deflections + 16 int's, Away: 41 deflections and 12 int's.
Home: 5 forced fumbles (all 5 recovered) vs 12 forced fumbles on the road (but only 6 recovered)

oh here's the stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_/name/sea/type/defense/seattle-seahawks

You're right when it comes to the only stat that matters, just found it interesting.
How many of those 12 forced fumbles were against the Giants in that embarrassing game? lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just see OAK giving McGloin & Pryor another year at least to make their mark.
lol, absolutely not.

Pryor will be traded, McGloin is a career backup at best. Mckenzie has already pinpointed QB as our #1 area of concern this offseason along with WR and pass rushers

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
On the road:

-7 points allowed at Carolina
-20 at Houston (pre-Schaub selfdestruction)
-28 at Indianapolis
-22 at Arizona (wtf)
-9 at St. Louis (Kellen Clemens' first start)
-10 at Atlanta
-17 at San Fran
-0 at the Giants

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
On the road:

-7 points allowed at Carolina
-20 at Houston (pre-Schaub selfdestruction)
-28 at Indianapolis
-22 at Arizona (wtf)
-9 at St. Louis (Kellen Clemens' first start)
-10 at Atlanta
-17 at San Fran
-0 at the Giants
Carolina held themselves to 7 points week 1, such a pussy gameplan, remember the game well

Foster dominated Seattless D that day, Schaub gave the game away

They didn't look good that day

Arizona plays the Seahawks well

Zac Stacy had a huge day on MNF

lol Falcons this year are a joke.

What you'd expect

lolGiants

super soft road schedule for them this season. 2012 shows a more glaring home/away split for their D that IMO is more representative of the true difference between their defenses play at home and on the road. Peyton Manning is going to pick their zone apart