NFL Playoffs Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
lol im a packer fan, the season ended for me and idgaf who wins what. Good win for the niners, I honestly love this time of year because i can enjoy any team winning now that my team is out.
Yea basically same here but I just like to have a team I'd like to see in the superbowl. Panthers vs Broncos would be amazing.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
New England over Indy
Denver over San Diego
Seattle over New Orleans
Carolina over San Francisco

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yea basically same here but I just like to have a team I'd like to see in the superbowl. Panthers vs Broncos would be amazing.

dude that would be sick, upstart Cam vs Manning in the Super Bowl? :damn:

Next week, going Patriots over Colts. the chalk of Seattle over New Orleans while Carolina takes out San Fran, and San Diego pulls the upset. Pretty amazed by the amount of love for NO this week.

Still trying to figure out what Baltimore can do to improve their squad this year. #1 WR, C, RT, RB sounds pretty good.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out what Baltimore can do to improve their squad this year. #1 WR, C, RT, RB sounds pretty good.
Baltimore's RB core is solid. Rice and Pierce are IMO one of the best RB tandems in the league. A lingering injury to Rice, combined with abysmal O-Line play were the main reasons for their struggles. It seems like they will address WR in the draft due to tight salary cap space, possibly ending up with the likes of Mike Evans or Marquise Lee. RT and C will almost certainly be dealt with in free agency. Likely after the contract reconstruction of Ngata and Suggs. In the worst case, the release of Suggs and McClain (Biggest Savings). Unfortunately however, I feel like the front office has too much confidence in Gradkowski at C so they won't be as frantic to fill that void...

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Baltimore's RB core is solid. Rice and Pierce are IMO one of the best RB tandems in the league. A lingering injury to Rice, combined with abysmal O-Line play were the main reasons for their struggles. It seems like they will address WR in the draft due to tight salary cap space, possibly ending up with the likes of Mike Evans or Marquise Lee. RT and C will almost certainly be dealt with in free agency. Likely after the contract reconstruction of Ngata and Suggs. In the worst case, the release of Suggs and McClain (Biggest Savings). Unfortunately however, I feel like the front office has too much confidence in Gradkowski at C so they won't be as frantic to fill that void...

Brilliant analysis, dude. Harbaugh said in an interview that every O-Line spot is up for grabs except for Yanda's, and he wants Osemele starting at either LG or RT. They HAVE to free up the cap space to resign Monroe. This FA class is pretty center-heavy and right tackles are always available. Then the issue is resigning the rest of our guys which may be difficult.

Not sure why the running backs struggled this year, but it looked like they lost faith in Rice there at the end. Maybe his hip injury was worse than he was letting on, maybe it was the line, confidence, something else... It looked like he hit a wall.. But with Pierce being equally ineffective they've gotta figure out the problem and probably already have.

At WR, It all depends on who's available. With the Giants, Lions, Bills, Rams twice, even the Steelers ahead of us we've gotta wonder if an elite WR will fall to to 16. If a Evans, Lee, Watkins, or Adams is available we've gotta take 'em. May not be too bad to try out a Hakeem Nicks or a Kenny Britt on the cheap as well, but they know if those guys are worth the gamble more than we do.

Reactions: Vice

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Brilliant analysis, dude. Harbaugh said in an interview that every O-Line spot is up for grabs except for Yanda's, and he wants Osemele starting at either LG or RT. They HAVE to free up the cap space to resign Monroe. This FA class is pretty center-heavy and right tackles are always available. Then the issue is resigning the rest of our guys which may be difficult.

Not sure why the running backs struggled this year, but it looked like they lost faith in Rice there at the end. Maybe his hip injury was worse than he was letting on, maybe it was the line, confidence, something else... It looked like he hit a wall.. But with Pierce being equally ineffective they've gotta figure out the problem and probably already have.

At WR, It all depends on who's available. With the Giants, Lions, Bills, Rams twice, even the Steelers ahead of us we've gotta wonder if an elite WR will fall to to 16. If a Evans, Lee, Watkins, or Adams is available we've gotta take 'em. May not be too bad to try out a Hakeem Nicks or a Kenny Britt on the cheap as well, but they know if those guys are worth the gamble more than we do.
I could see them throwing a back loaded contract at Monroe as long as it doesn't compromise the future of the team in the terms of salary caps.

With Pierce and Rice...at a certain point in the season, if they ran the ball at all, I expected anything from a negative play, to a gain of 2 yards. Nothing more. Rice seemed to lose his explosiveness this season. I'd attribute that to his hip but it could have also been a lack of confidence in the O-line. The amount of hits Flacco took is UNACCEPTABLE. The penalties were arguably the most frustrating part of watching them play. It seems that I couldn't go 5 minutes without Oher or Shiply getting a False Start call.

The teams you named could pose an issue, but I expect at least 2 of them to eat their fill in FA. (Being optimistic here...) Depending on how the offseason goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up an O lineman or a Defensive end. Unfortunately, Arthur Jones will probably go looking for greener pastures like Ellerbe and Kruger as they entered their prime.

I have high hopes for next season though, this offeseason gives us a much needed opportunity to revamp out O Line, add more weapons for Flacco, and further solidify our defense.

My one worry however, is what will happen with Dennis Pitta. He will certainly draw hefty offers from teams with weak TE corps and I'm not sure how we could replace him. Dallas Clark and Ed Dickson are on the wire as well. That's certainly something to watch.

Reactions: Snowman1