NFL Offseason Thread [2017]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hmmmm, so... quick little thoughts on relevant teams to us...

-Panthers with Christian McCaffrey was one of the best picks I've seen in the first round. Cam might really get re-motivated with that dude busting his ass in the locker room every day, and I hope their OC is creative. McCaffery and all he can do - even throw pretty well! - can freak the hell out of defensive coordinators next to Cam Newton. So many options just having those two in the backfield together sounds like a lot of fun for Solid Snake to watch.

-Damn. Can't hate on the 49ers. :(

-I APPLAUD THE BALLS SO MANY OF THESE TEAMS HAD. Like the Bears were far better than their record due to multiple injuries/close losses/Jay Cutler, and I give them HUGE applause for having the balls to grab Mitchell Trubisky. Chicago still need a lot of help around him on offense, but they've got an elite front seven and have enough raw talent that they can easily could have found themselves in the same trap that Kansas City and Houston did. If he bottoms out, they're no worse than they were before, but at least there's hope that the Bears have the next Matt Ryan on their team. And Houston and (especially) Kansas City finally getting off their asses and taking 1st round QBs after years of one-and-dones was SO refreshing to see. Franchises are taking huge gambles and making the right moves. And I'm so refreshed to see it as a football fan.

-....... Ozzie. Listen. Here's the Ravens' list of needs after free agency: Pass rusher. Wide receiver. Offensive line. Defensive line. Linebacker. Running back. Possibly quarterback depending on who you ask. Here's a list of positoins where we're strong: Defensive back, kicker, punter.

-Kevin summed up the Dolphins' pick of Charles Harris perfectly. The second-tier DE's available at 22 seemed pretty love 'em or hate 'em across the scouting community, and it's the right pick. Brady can't beat ya if he's on his ass the whole game.

-Browns got an interesting haul, but... I remember during a game when Kevin talked up how they were stupid to not take Fournette, and I kinda agree with that. I like how the Browns have been building their team so far, with them drafting so many WR's last year hoping to hit one (though if they would have not been stupid enough to let Pryor walk away), then going the Raiders route and loading up on OL in free agency then eventually plugging the QB in while grabbing "potential" guys to sell tickets. COME WATCH BROCK OSWEILER EVERYONE!!! Still, I liked the approach of keeping the offensive focus going. Hard to knock them for taking Myles Garrett #1 as it wasn't a dumb pick, but just sticking to the plan seemed better... With Peppers and Njoku, you have to be skeptical because it's Cleveland. Trent Richardson was can't-miss at one time too....

-Raiders... oh boy. I can't believe y'all are living on the edge like this, but it's nice to be in a position to be able to do so. Wow. Just wow.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Browns are the future.
200.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not even joking... People have said it for years around here. The day the Browns go to the Superbowl is when the world is ending LOL

Snowman1

Reaction score
Talking heads always applaud the Browns on draft day though

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
:emoji_slight_frown:

I'd look into the training staff for sure. This number of injuries over three years is no mere bad luck. Something's wrong over there

Well... The Ravens were once the Browns....
:madcat:

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
:emoji_slight_frown:

I'd look into the training staff for sure. This number of injuries over three years is no mere bad luck. Something's wrong over there
That's a good point. Saw Dennis Pitta coming a mile away since that dude should have called it quits a while ago, but everyone else is a bit concerning.

Snowman1

Reaction score
That's a good point. Saw Dennis Pitta coming a mile away since that dude should have called it quits a while ago, but everyone else is a bit concerning.

This is reaching 2015 49ers bad.
Starting RB out for the season without a viable replacement (West sucks)
Flacco hurt with a back injury which may linger
Starting center Urshel retires for understandable reasons but still
Pitta should have retired years ago, now he's gone + Gillmore hurt too

Add in this entire pointless Kaepernick drama (seriously, I can't think of a sports story I've given less of a shit about) and I'm scared to look at my app to see who's next on the list.

Snowman1

Reaction score
However... -thinks-

Pats in the East, Steelers in the North seem like obvious picks.
Calling Titans in the South and Raiders in the West.
Texans and Dolphins are the wild card teams

obvious Seahawks in the West,
then Eagles(!) in the East, Packers in the North, Panthers (!) in the South...
then Cowboys and Lions make the wild cards

The wild cards this year are REALLY CLOSE.