NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
My god the Ravens are a bitch on Madden. I was playing them as Dallas on expert difficulty in franchise mode, was down 20-3 at halftime. Managed to come back and win 32-29. On Thanksgiving. Needed 22 points in the 4th quarter alone. What even more fucked up is that Ray Lewis was already retired and not even playing. Some bullshit rookie MLB with a 73ovr was who I had to pick on to get yards up the middle. Best offline game I've ever played lmfao

But whatever, I don't see why the fuck Orton got picked up by Kansas City. I guess the only logical explanation is to have a somewhat veteran backup in case Cassel goes down, which should really be the least of their worries right now considering they're done and have been for a while. Kinda late to be stocking up on FA's. That or they simply signed him as a double agent-type deal, so he can share the Broncos' offensive playbook with them and get an edge against them, which again, would make perfect sense if KC stood a chance in hell at the offseason.
Guess you're not aware that Cassel is on IR lol.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The Cowboys also put in a claim for Orton, according to the team's official website. Jon Kitna will miss his second consecutive game because of a back injury, making Stephen McGee the backup to starting quarterback Tony Romo.

NFL.com

I bet Orton would've loved playing on the Cowboys rather than the Cheifs even if it was a backup job to Romo.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah, I wasn't. Don't really follow the Chiefs. Doesn't make a difference though, it's not like Kyle Fucking Orton is going to win out the rest of the season for them. They may as well start sucking for a good pick. They're already out-sucked by the Colts for Luck, but they could still patch up some holes on their roster through the draft.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I Kyle Orton basically had one good year stat wise and gets made better than he is. Ignoring the fact that while he put up those stats the team went no where. I think he'll at least be better than what they have tho in KC but not someone who is gonna save your team or anything.

As far as the Cowboys putting in a claim that totally threw me off.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah haha, it was random as hell. Sure Orton is thinking i could've landed in Dallas..but I'm stuck playing in the same division, on a team that's going pretty much no where.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well McGee hasn't really done anything and Kitna is hurt, so it makes sense in a way. The Cowboys have a chance to take the division and they aren't gonna want to put their season in the hands of a green QB if something happens to Romo. The O Line has been protecting Romo a lot more as of late though, so I doubt our bid for Orton was very high. Probably just took a shot in the dark for the hell of it.

Hopefully Romo doesn't chase after any defensive players after throwing a pick like someone else did.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If the Cowboys wanted a vet QB that can be depended on and I keep thinking this anytime a team needs a vet QB that they should call up Jeff Garcia. Guy is dependable as it gets for back up QB's and shocked he doesn't have a job in the NFL.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hell, I think we did have him at one point for a short time.

That dude was tearing ass in Philly for a while too.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Jeff Garcia's good. Kind of thought he fell of the face of the earth nobody ever mentions him when people are talking about back up QB's.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah he's with some team in the CFL or UFL now but said he does want to get back in the NFL. Guy was great with the Bucs and def Philly and of course in his prime was great with the Niners. So kind of a shame when Jeff George's name gets brought up more who can only throw the deep ball and no other pass than a guy who steps in when needed and wins games for you.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i heard something about how he's doing the games with the CFL or where ever because he is hoping somebody from the NFL notices and gives him another shot. He could be used on some teams right now.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Nice pickup for KC becasue Matt Cassel is not the answer...Cassel's contract was a product of being in a nice system in New England but he is overpaid and overrated, hands down.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I would imagine the main reason he's not going for the NFL right now is because he's like 400 years old. Those D linemen in the CFL line-up like 2-3 yards away from the O-Line or something like that. He's not going to get hit often there.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him air it out in the arena league though. The only problem I would have with it actually is that I DON'T GET ANY ARENA LEAGUE GAMES IN MY FUCKING AREA.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Apparently the 49ers and Packers were both ready to claim Orton as well. The 49ers to block, and the Packers just to add KO if need be. However, like the Bears, both teams figured he'd be long claimed by the time it was their turn. The incentive for both GB and SF was to add a compensatory draft pick in the next draft by not re-signing KO. The Texans passed on Orton because they could not add his salary. One of few teams without a surplus of cap room.

Status
Not open for further replies.