NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
God damn. ANOTHER season ending injury. Fred Jackson Buffalo's Running back, broken leg.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guy was having a great season too. That Bills team started off so good but knew that's all it was gonna be a hot start. Didn't know losing their best player would factor in.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
CJ supposed to have been a future star for that team but hasn't made much noise though. Maybe he will now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah he kind of did last year in his first year, but has pretty much been non-existent this year. He's fast just never had the chance to prove himself as Fed Jackson has had two good years, now that he's out Spiller can show what he's got.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The New England Patriots are well known for their organization-wide reticence when it comes to discussing injuries.

So it should come to no surprise the team has been hush-hush about Tom Brady's status the past couple of weeks as the Hall of Fame-bound quarterback has looked a little off relative to his normally pinpoint self. The Boston Globe reported in Monday's edition, citing two league sources, that Brady has suffered from a bone bruise to his right elbow since the Patriots' Oct. 16 win over the Dallas Cowboys.

The Globe spoke to Mike Ludwikowski, a renowned athletic trainer at Susquehanna Health in Williamsport, Pa., who said Brady's injury is not serious and could heal completely before the end of the season.

"It could very well get better before the end of the season," he said. "It's definitely manageable. I'm sure the trainers are doing stretching and icing."

The Globe reported that Brady iced his elbow during the Cowboys' win and has worn a black band underneath the elbow since that game.

"If he's wearing the band, it could be he has a little inflammation or tendinitis," Ludwikowski said. "For a quarterback, it's usually more extensor tendinitis because that's how you deliver the football.

"It could affect his release because the triceps tendon attaches right there, you have all your forearm muscles there, your extensors and flexors to hold a football. If you get a bone bruise, he'd accommodate his release a little bit to accommodate the bone bruise.

"Sometimes you wear the band because it feels good, and if it feels good, you're going to play better."

Brady already has thrown 10 interceptions this season and is on pace to set a new career high in picks.

NFL.com

Really don't think this injury effects him that much, as he's still playing incredible football regardless of how many interceptions he's thrown.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guess it explains how he's not playing as amazing as he was but yet still playing great regardless.

Reid

Reaction score
Just beat the Ravens as the 49ers in madden, hopefully a predicter of the future.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Seems like the kinda score that would happen between these two teams but think it's gonna be the other way around :p Should be a good defensive/running game.

Reid

Reaction score
Don't the Ravens have the 2nd best run defense?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah which is why I didn't say it was gonna exactly work for the niners, lol.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
My god the Ravens are a bitch on Madden. I was playing them as Dallas on expert difficulty in franchise mode, was down 20-3 at halftime. Managed to come back and win 32-29. On Thanksgiving. Needed 22 points in the 4th quarter alone. What even more fucked up is that Ray Lewis was already retired and not even playing. Some bullshit rookie MLB with a 73ovr was who I had to pick on to get yards up the middle. Best offline game I've ever played lmfao

But whatever, I don't see why the fuck Orton got picked up by Kansas City. I guess the only logical explanation is to have a somewhat veteran backup in case Cassel goes down, which should really be the least of their worries right now considering they're done and have been for a while. Kinda late to be stocking up on FA's. That or they simply signed him as a double agent-type deal, so he can share the Broncos' offensive playbook with them and get an edge against them, which again, would make perfect sense if KC stood a chance in hell at the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.